Problems with Rivers of lights package

Javier Antonio Nisa Avila

Original Poster
I have tried to change my reservation that I made last February 18 for tusker house. I have tried to add river of light package because I couldn't do it when I reserved. In fact, my agent told me that she would do it for me. Unfortunately, I don't have river of light package and I have called without success. They told me that use one my fastpasses and I disagree. Does anyone have a similar problem and he or she has get a solution? I am really upset with this situation as I have visited Disney more than 13 years from Europe and I have never had these problems. Thank you so much

Jess G

Is there availability for the ROL dining package the day you will be there? If so, book that ASAP and then cancel your original reservation. The ROL packages are not unlimited, and although you technically already have a seat reserved in the restaurant, ROL may have already booked the max amount of seats they allot for dining packages that day or showtime. Hope this helps. If there is no availability, continue to check until the day of.

cjlyon

I've been looking for rol packages during my stay since I could start booking reservations but because Disney hasn't finalized plans for animal kingdom for September yet so I'm thinking(hoping) maybe they aren't releasing rol dinner reservations until then.

carriebeth

Not sure when your trip is. during some periods of time RIvers of LIght isn't running every night. Dining packages are only available on nights it is running during those times. Perhaps that is an issue.

Also they only have packages available right now through June. July and beyond they have not released yet. I suspect it will be soon because just yesterday they added dates on the calender whereas before it was all just blocked out. HOwever, if you try to reserve on those dates it shows, it says no times are available which means they haven't opened it up yet. I am also waiting for times to open for September so I check its status frequently.

mcstensrud

Not sure when your trip is. during some periods of time RIvers of LIght isn't running every night. Dining packages are only available on nights it is running during those times. Perhaps that is an issue.

Also they only have packages available right now through June. July and beyond they have not released yet. I suspect it will be soon because just yesterday they added dates on the calender whereas before it was all just blocked out. HOwever, if you try to reserve on those dates it shows, it says no times are available which means they haven't opened it up yet. I am also waiting for times to open for September so I check its status frequently.
I was able to book ROL Package for end of September today.

PineapplePrincess

I'm really puzzled as to why people are able to book for September, but I'm unable to book for July! What am I missing here? I'm feeling like a rookie!

JimW

Premium Member
I just tried again a minute ago! So frustrating!
Honestly, I think it might be an issue of supply and demand. There are only two restaurants offering this, and I'm unsure as to how many of their seats they allocated. I did some random searching in July and found nothing. I decided to look at the end of August, and so far, I'm only finding single slots for parties of two at Tusker House between 4:20 and 4:30. My guess is that people are able to find September openings simply because it's further out and hasn't been fully booked yet. Keep trying, though! It can be an annoying slog, but every once in a while, something will open up. :)

WDW Dad 23

I don't think it's supply and demand yet. I have been trying for weeks for August and yesterday when the dates were not blacked out, I tried every day and time with no luck. I called and they said not available for Aug yet...so today I tried again and again nothing. Saw this post and did see dates in Sept. I called Disney again, and they said it's not open past July 31st. I said I could book dates in Sept, and they said itvshoukdnt be available. I am very confused.

cjlyon

slightly bummed not available on my AK day so I guess I wont be seeing it this year hopefully next time I come it will still be there

awelpjourneys

Bookings for some August dates are now available. I was able to snag a 10:50 breakfast for August 15, but it took me an hour of constantly refreshing the screen to have that time/day show up. It looks like the most common available times for available days are 10:30-11:00 and 3:30-4:30.
Keep trying!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom