Problem With Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on ABC

DZannini

Original Poster
Disney has been saying that the show is not drawing nearly the amount of views that it had grown used to.

Its pretty simple why.

Every single show is now a celebrity edition.

The whole draw to the show was that every day people had the chance to change their lives and become millionaires.

Now the "hotseat" is filled with people that are already millionaires where they don't even have to know a thing to get to the $32,000 level.

(Yes I know there were firefighters and police on there a couple of weeks ago, and don't get me wrong raising money for charity is very important)

But the reason the ratings have dwindled is they changed the show.

Bring back </b></u>"Who Wants to be a Millionaire"</U></b> and dump the </u></b>"Who Wants to see Celebrity Millionaires"</u></b>

tmm7899

I think that is a valid point but I do not think that is the reason that the ratings have dropped for it. I think that the reason is that it has lost its luster. ABC killed the show by putting it on 4 times a week last year. The only hope for that show in my opinion is to stop showing it for a while and bring it back next winter or so that way people will have had time to miss it.

NowInc

Overexposure killed that show...disney has a habit of doing that...I mean....it worked..great....so then we see it on pretty much every other day on ABC...then we see "attractions" at MGM...then we see tons of video games...then we see celebrety editions...

The late night game show themed programming days are numbered. Weakest link and Millionaire are both going to die sooner than later. Unless they start doing Topless editions (hell...even Id watch that)...I don't see a future for them.

OldKeyWest24

good point...they will still keep the game at wdw wont they..my brother got inthe hot seat my sister was number two and my dad was number three all at the same day..lol..good memories..w went back 8 times th same trip..lol

Susan

DZannini

Original Poster
I still think

That it is more the fact they changed the show rather than over exposure.

It is no longer who wants to be a millionaire, a show where someone could win a millon dollars.

It has been pure celebrity editions for as long as I can remember.

When was the last time they had an edition that had contestants from the phone in line?

Is there someone waiting to finissh their turn now?

Bring back the show the way it was, run it twice a week and the ratings will return.

Lance

I play along as much as I can with Millionaire on Enhanced TV.

Their are two shows a week. Their is always one on Monday before Monday Night Football. This show is always a celebrity millionaire. And I do think they have overdone it with the celebrities. What ruins it is that the THICK celebrities get help till the 32,000 question from their fellow contestants. This ruins the show, personally I want to see Kevin Bacon get the $200 question wrong and walk away with nothing, that's entertainment.

The other show is on Thursdays at either 8 or 9, and this show is the regular contestants.

Their might still be one on Sunday, but I don't know.

I think Millionaire is just a fad and it can't go on forever, I hope it has a long run like a Wheel of Fortune or a Jeopardy type run.

Tom Morrow

The constant celebrity editions aren't whats killing the show, they're probably there to help save it. Celebrities = higher ratings. But it won't last long, the show was a fad and its over now. It was bound to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom