Princess Meet and Greets are Changing

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
As @wogwog reported :), the meet and greet for Anna and Elsa on the Fantasy is now a ticketed event. It appears that the princess meet and greets are moving in that direction as well. On the Dream last week guests picked up tickets at guest services and the meet wasn't listed in the daily navigator.

FYI for those that are sailing soon. The tickets are free, just make sure you get them before they run out! :)

sweetpee_1993

Been like it for a while the Frozen meets on our Magic cruise were tickets only.
Was the princess gathering in the atrium a ticketed event on your cruise? I think that's the biggest change I'm hearing recent reports on. Used to be you just joined the massive or early lineup for that. I wonder how recent the princess event in the atrium change is. Very interesting!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Was the princess gathering in the atrium a ticketed event on your cruise? I think that's the biggest change I'm hearing recent reports on. Used to be you just joined the massive or early lineup for that. I wonder how recent the princess event in the atrium change is. Very interesting!

Good question, was it already like that for princesses on your Med cruise, Andrew? I know Frozen was, but princesses too? It will be interesting to see how quickly it spreads, or has spread, to the other ships.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Me too! I would do the princess lineup if it weren't for the long lines. If it was something I could do prearranged, YES!

I agree! We waited in the princess line once because we walked by just as the line was forming and didn't have any other plans, but that was the only time. I wouldn't do it again unless I happened on a short line. I would definitely do it again if I had a specific time to return! :)

sweetpee_1993

I agree! We waited in the princess line once because we walked by just as the line was forming and didn't have any other plans, but that was the only time. I wouldn't do it again unless I happened on a short line. I would definitely do it again if I had a specific time to return! :)
Another thing to ask for at the concierge reception? :D

wogwog

Good question, was it already like that for princesses on your Med cruise, Andrew? I know Frozen was, but princesses too? It will be interesting to see how quickly it spreads, or has spread, to the other ships.
The Atrium M&G was not ticketed last week on Fantasy. Same old get in line and hope you don't need a potty break. Just the Frozen ladies in Animators was ticketed.

sweetpee_1993

The Atrium M&G was not ticketed last week on Fantasy. Same old get in line and hope you don't need a potty break. Just the Frozen ladies in Animators was ticketed.
Ooooh...really? There are reports of the princesses in the atrium being ticketed. So fascinating. I'll have to go back and see if they mentioned which ship!

wogwog

Ooooh...really? There are reports of the princesses in the atrium being ticketed. So fascinating. I'll have to go back and see if they mentioned which ship!
Maybe future cruisers have been notified by email by DCL to prepare them for the change coming soon. I have not received anything for the Wonder in October or another Fantasy I have in a few weeks not long off. Nothing to you on the girls Dream trip?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
It's only happened on the Dream as far as I've heard, and it's very recent. Like last week recent. :)

But no email notifications for future cruisers that I've seen yet!

PolynesianPrincess

Anna was doing M&G on the Dream in February and her line was SUPER short (probably because our sailing was only half full) She was meeting in front of the Walt Disney Theater and the end of the line was barely back to Preludes. I asked to see if the line was closed and the CM said no. I kick myself for not taking advantage of it then! I did read about the ticketed M&G for A&E on our cruise FB group. I think we will definitely be doing this one! Do we just go to guest services when we get onboard and ask for a ticket?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Anna was doing M&G on the Dream in February and her line was SUPER short (probably because our sailing was only half full) She was meeting in front of the Walt Disney Theater and the end of the line was barely back to Preludes. I asked to see if the line was closed and the CM said no. I kick myself for not taking advantage of it then! I did read about the ticketed M&G for A&E on our cruise FB group. I think we will definitely be doing this one! Do we just go to guest services when we get onboard and ask for a ticket?

That's right! Just go ask and they'll give you a selection of times to choose from.

wogwog

Before you stand in the GR line read your Navigator. Last week on the Fantasy the times were given out in D Lounge from 12:30 to 3:00 only. It will probably be different on the different ships.

Cesar R M

It's only happened on the Dream as far as I've heard, and it's very recent. Like last week recent. :)

But no email notifications for future cruisers that I've seen yet!
So, nothing on the Wonder or the rest then?
are only the "princesses" the ticketed ones? because Id rather take a photo with Captain Mickey ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom