Princess Elena of Avalor’s Royal Welcome

JohnD

I'm sure other Disney Princesses are nice. But there are going to be many irate parents who thought they could get all their Disney magic--Anna and Elsa included--just from the Magic Kingdom. Just wait until they find out they have to have admission to Epcot too so that their children can see A&E. It won't be pretty (no pun intended).

Witchy Chick

I don't think her story arc has started yet. She's been rumored for about a year, with her own show as a spin off of Sofia. http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Elena

Thanks for this. We watch Sofia occasionally and I had no idea who Elena is. o_O

It might just be me, but reading Elena's backstory with her costume and names of extended family -- is this Disney's response to the criticism of a non-Latina-looking Sofia?

(Sofia being dubbed as the first Latina Disney princess.......)

Crown&roser

Lirael

I know princesses get special treatment, but I'm kinda sad we'll get a Meet and Greet for a character whose story hasnt even aired yet, but dont for Judy and Nick, who have had a very sucessful movie.

Dunno what to think of her, like others have said, the design seems too much like Jasmine to me, but maybe that'll change in the actual show

Kevin_W

I know princesses get special treatment, but I'm kinda sad we'll get a Meet and Greet for a character whose story hasnt even aired yet, but dont for Judy and Nick, who have had a very sucessful movie.

Dunno what to think of her, like others have said, the design seems too much like Jasmine to me, but maybe that'll change in the actual show

Good points - a lot more people see the movies than the Disney Jr. shows.

When I saw the picture, I thought more "Esmerelda" than "Jasmine".

Sped2424

We are getting a meet and greet for her because Disney wants their Latina TV princess in the parks to tote she's there. I'm still wishing we could get an actual fairytale film princess centered around Latino culture but I can wait.. :(

NearTheEars

I'm sure other Disney Princesses are nice. But there are going to be many irate parents who thought they could get all their Disney magic--Anna and Elsa included--just from the Magic Kingdom. Just wait until they find out they have to have admission to Epcot too so that their children can see A&E. It won't be pretty (no pun intended).

A&E are still in the parade, so maybe that might be enough for the kiddos. Will they be in the new stage show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom