Princess and the Frog/ Tianas Place?

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
Alright i know that Tiana's place is not going to be included in Disney Springs. But i just wanted to know if it was ever in the works to be included there or have the film have any other presence in the parks? Just thought Tiana's Place would work great thematically in Disney Springs (same time period, waterfront property, and a restaurant). The Princess and the Frog is very underrated to me so i just thought maybe it would have some other presence in the parks.

Monkee Girl

This is going to sound awful; but it's just my opinion: :angelic: I was not a fan of this movie at all. I didn't care for the characters, or the music, I hated the ending. I thought they spend way too much time paying homage to other stories as opposed to making Tiana's story unique. And I felt the ending (all that kiss stuff) was way too over complicated. Charlotte's father was king of Mardi gras making her a princess???? Come on, that hurt my head. It also started all this forced princess coronation stuff. I just felt she needed to wait a little more before being so over hyped as a new princess. gotta pay your dues kind of thing if that makes any sense. I just wasn't a fan. However, I think it's time for me to revisit the movie and see if I have a better appreciation for it.

That being said, it's now been 7-8 years (OMG I can't believe it's been that long!) and I think it's time to give her something more than just a meet and greet. Perhaps they should make a Port Orleans restaurant for her. It fits theme there. Or at the Springs as suggested. What's tough is her time period. The 1920s doesn't fit with anything really in MK. I could suggest MAYBE the American Pavilion...even though I am not a huge fan of the over characterization of EPCOT (see Frozen in Norway) but I think done right, they could make it a not so intrusive thing in the showcase. I dunno.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see what a menu would be. I am not a fan of Cajun cooking or anything so would probably never eat there. But I like restaurant design and all that. So I would love seeing concepts.

TB4244

They meet occasionally at Port Orleans, don't they? I'd think whichever one currently lacks a TS restaurant (FQ?), THAT's where Tiana's Place should go.
French Quarter is the one without a TS restaurant, Riverside has Boatwrights Dining Hall. Although there are elements of PatF at Port Orleans its not particularly in your face.
The Tiana M&G at MK is well worth doing though, she was brilliant and spot on character wise.

Matt_Black

French Quarter is the one without a TS restaurant, Riverside has Boatwrights Dining Hall. Although there are elements of PatF at Port Orleans its not particularly in your face.
The Tiana M&G at MK is well worth doing though, she was brilliant and spot on character wise.

I agree, though I've never met her alone. The one time I did, Naveen was there too, and he just steals the show with ease and gusto.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

We got Tiana by herself and she was superb. We missed Naveen unfortunately.

Same for us. She was wonderful. My hubby was wearing a New Orleans Tshirt so it was a conversation starter, and when she found out we were originally from France she said a few words in French. This girl was an excellent Tiana.

I adore The Princess and the Frog. Everytime I watch it, it gets better. I think Musker and Clements really infused some classic Disney spirit in it, and it's woefully underrated. It deserves more of a presence - I've thought for years that Tiana's Place is a missed thematic opportunity - but the movie probably isn't popular enough to warrant a bigger presence, unfortunately.

rob0519

It would be an instant money maker, but TDO would have to spend money first so it won't happen :rolleyes:

A new restaurnat themed to almost any Disney animated movie opened in one of the parks would be a money maker based simply on it's being new and having a captive customer base.

Magenta Panther

This is going to sound awful; but it's just my opinion: :angelic: I was not a fan of this movie at all. I didn't care for the characters, or the music, I hated the ending. I thought they spend way too much time paying homage to other stories as opposed to making Tiana's story unique. And I felt the ending (all that kiss stuff) was way too over complicated. Charlotte's father was king of Mardi gras making her a princess???? Come on, that hurt my head. It also started all this forced princess coronation stuff. I just felt she needed to wait a little more before being so over hyped as a new princess. gotta pay your dues kind of thing if that makes any sense. I just wasn't a fan. However, I think it's time for me to revisit the movie and see if I have a better appreciation for it.

That being said, it's now been 7-8 years (OMG I can't believe it's been that long!) and I think it's time to give her something more than just a meet and greet. Perhaps they should make a Port Orleans restaurant for her. It fits theme there. Or at the Springs as suggested. What's tough is her time period. The 1920s doesn't fit with anything really in MK. I could suggest MAYBE the American Pavilion...even though I am not a huge fan of the over characterization of EPCOT (see Frozen in Norway) but I think done right, they could make it a not so intrusive thing in the showcase. I dunno.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see what a menu would be. I am not a fan of Cajun cooking or anything so would probably never eat there. But I like restaurant design and all that. So I would love seeing concepts.

I thought the movie went downhill the moment Tiana became a frog. She was awesome up to then. Sometimes I think (second-guessing, I know), that if the movie had focused on Tiana as a human, made Dr. Facilier less villainous and more of a temptation (heck, maybe he could have been the leading man - would have been interesting) and used Ray the Firefly as a sort of fairy godfather/Jiminy Cricket type (and lose the dopey unfunny alligator), maybe the movie would have been more original and more entertaining. As it is, while I love the film up to Tiana's transformation (and "Almost There" is a wonderful song, better than anything in "Frozen" IMO), I have yet to re-watch it. Its potential was never fully realized. Too bad.

Weather_Lady

I've never heard that WDW had any serious thoughts about it, but I agree that a Tiana's Place (especially at Port Orleans French Quarters) would be really popular, especially if it presented an authentic Cajun menu. (If I were the designer, it would have a rustic counter service counterpart, Mr. Ray's Cajun Crab Shack). :)

Monkee Girl

I've never heard that WDW had any serious thoughts about it, but I agree that a Tiana's Place (especially at Port Orleans French Quarters) would be really popular, especially if it presented an authentic Cajun menu. (If I were the designer, it would have a rustic counter service counterpart, Mr. Ray's Cajun Crab Shack). :)

It can have a Sax playing alligator playing like Cosmic Ray's. I know Disney would never do it...but I think that would be fun.

Monkee Girl

I thought the movie went downhill the moment Tiana became a frog. She was awesome up to then. Sometimes I think (second-guessing, I know), that if the movie had focused on Tiana as a human, made Dr. Facilier less villainous and more of a temptation (heck, maybe he could have been the leading man - would have been interesting) and used Ray the Firefly as a sort of fairy godfather/Jiminy Cricket type (and lose the dopey unfunny alligator), maybe the movie would have been more original and more entertaining. As it is, while I love the film up to Tiana's transformation (and "Almost There" is a wonderful song, better than anything in "Frozen" IMO), I have yet to re-watch it. Its potential was never fully realized. Too bad.

Agree. I just think there were way too many ideas going on in there. They wanted her to be the independent 'I don't need a man to save me' princess and she ended up being a very biotchy and yet weak character. And this is another story where there really wasn't a need for a Villain. Facilier was ok but...I dunno...just not needed with all the other conflicts going on. But eh, what's done is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom