Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

Zipadeelady

I think it's great that you are moving to Florida!! What an opportunity/experience. If you don't do it now you may not move later. And, if you don't like it then you can always move back. But being and hour from Disney who would? o_O

And your ADR's are pretty awesome!! Love O'hana and Garden Grill has always been one of my favorites. It's so underrated!!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Many of you have seen me talking about this in other reports, but I'm so excited that I figured I might as well post here too. :) Dylan and I have made the decision to move to Florida in July. Our tentative plans are to settle somewhere in Lake County, which is about an hour (maximum) from WDW. I still can't believe that this is actually happening.. it doesn't seem possible! I've always dreamed about moving but wasn't sure that I'd ever actually do it.

I have a teaching degree and have just been subbing in PA while I complete my Master's degree. I'm graduating in May so it just seems like the perfect time to pick up and move before we have anything tying us down here. Dylan also has a teaching degree but is looking to get out of education, so he's currently exploring his options and trying to decide what he wants to do when we get there.

The thought of being an annual passholder and being able to go JUST BECAUSE on any day of the week is so surreal! I'll be able to go to all of the parties, F&W, and just so many other things that I'm not able to do being a teacher in PA. Disney date nights on a weekly basis? If that doesn't make you giddy then we can't be friends. ;)

So that's it for now! I'm 144 days out and am driving myself crazy because there's nothing else planning-wise that I can do right now! I guess I'll just devote my energy to preparing for our move. :)

This is SO exciting!!! Can you imagine how many Forum friends you could meet?! Every time one of us goes down, you can meet up LOL.

And I say go for it now while you can! I moved from New Jersey to Nashville a few years ago, and while I miss my family and friends back home, it really was the greatest decision I ever made.

Congrats!

sheriffwoody

So excited that you're moving down there! I have a cousin and close friend that live pretty close. My cousin goes to WDW really often! He and his girlfriend will just pop in whenever they want, and I'm so flipping jealous. This is the perfect time for you to make a big move, like you said! I hope everything falls into place for you. You'll just have to start a continuous trip report for us! haha

blreinsel

Original Poster
Soooo jealous! My sister lives in Lakeland which is Polk County. Every time I visit her I wish that I lived there. It's so nice and there are always things going on down there. We went to a cool food truck rally last time I was there. She's a teacher as well and she goes on and on about how great the education system is there, so that could be something to look into. Much luck to you and Dylan!

I have a friend who teaches in Lakeland also and LOVES it! She's been on my case about moving down there for years and I'm finally taking her advice. :) Teachers and education in general are valued in Florida so much more than we're valued here in PA, so I'm ecstatic to start working in such an environment! Thank you so much! :joyfull:

I think it's great that you are moving to Florida!! What an opportunity/experience. If you don't do it now you may not move later. And, if you don't like it then you can always move back. But being and hour from Disney who would? o_O

And your ADR's are pretty awesome!! Love O'hana and Garden Grill has always been one of my favorites. It's so underrated!!

You're exactly right! Now is the time and I know that we won't regret it. I keep saying that it's an option to move back but I highly doubt that'll ever happen. You aren't gonna get this girl to move away from Disney. ;)

I totally agree about Garden Grill! It's probably my favorite character meal that I've ever done.. When I get Disney food cravings it's usually for something on their dinner menu. :hungry:

This is SO exciting!!! Can you imagine how many Forum friends you could meet?! Every time one of us goes down, you can meet up LOL.

And I say go for it now while you can! I moved from New Jersey to Nashville a few years ago, and while I miss my family and friends back home, it really was the greatest decision I ever made.

Congrats!

I KNOW! I'm so excited to be able to do that! Dylan is definitely going to think I'm nuts, but if he hasn't figured that out already then that's his own fault. ;) Both of my brothers moved away (they went into the military), and have really enjoyed getting away from our small town. I know that I'll miss everybody but the opportunity is just way too good to give up. They can always visit. :) Thank you!!

So excited that you're moving down there! I have a cousin and close friend that live pretty close. My cousin goes to WDW really often! He and his girlfriend will just pop in whenever they want, and I'm so flipping jealous. This is the perfect time for you to make a big move, like you said! I hope everything falls into place for you. You'll just have to start a continuous trip report for us! haha

I'm so excited to be able to visit whenever I feel like it! It's so crazy that I'm going to have that option. I'm not sure if this will ever feel like real life. :) I'll definitely keep the regular TR's coming. ;)

sheriffwoody

Teachers and education in general are valued in Florida
That's excellent! I wondered about that. I know it's different in every state. My mom and step dad are both teachers here in Tennessee so I get to hear about it all! haha. My step dad is very vocal about what he thinks is wrong with the system. Luckily they're in the highest paying school system in the area, so that eases the annoyances from administration a little :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
That's excellent! I wondered about that. I know it's different in every state. My mom and step dad are both teachers here in Tennessee so I get to hear about it all! haha. My step dad is very vocal about what he thinks is wrong with the system. Luckily they're in the highest paying school system in the area, so that eases the annoyances from administration a little :joyfull:

TN was on my list of places I had considered moving because my brother and sister-in-law live there (in Clinton) and absolutely love it. I'm sure there are issues in every state but from the little bit of research I've done so far, it seems that FL teachers have it better than PA ones, at least in my area. Even if I end up being treated terribly, I'll be close to Disney and that can always fix things. ;)

LisaBelle

I already told you this in another thread but I am so, so excited about your plans :). A Disney trip in June + a near-Disney move in July = AWESOME . I am crossing my fingers for a summer 2018 trip. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet up! Good luck working out all the details!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I already told you this in another thread but I am so, so excited about your plans :). A Disney trip in June + a near-Disney move in July = AWESOME . I am crossing my fingers for a summer 2018 trip. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet up! Good luck working out all the details!

Thank you so much! :) I'll cross all of my fingers and toes for you, too! We will most definitely plan a meet up if your trip works out! :)

I want your trip to be here already so I can read about all your dining choices, LOL... I can't wait to hear your take on Sanaa. I always say I am going to go here but then I chicken out! I need to grow some... uh nothing I can put here is forum appropriate :p

I'm going to start making a list of things we're doing on our BFF trip. Adding Sanaa to the list now. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Hey AP holders.. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I was researching on the website to see how much and which AP I want to get when we move.. From what I understand, I'll pay a down payment + 1 month's payment and then continue monthly payments for a year? I don't have to drop the full amount all at once??

Doc Disney

Hey AP holders.. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I was researching on the website to see how much and which AP I want to get when we move.. From what I understand, I'll pay a down payment + 1 month's payment and then continue monthly payments for a year? I don't have to drop the full amount all at once??

Thats true for Florida residents :) Otherwise for the rest of us its a full payment :p

Doc Disney

That's so awesome! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to afford one right away with all of our moving costs, but this is definitely more doable! :p

I wonder why they only do it for FL residents. I'm considering renewing my AP if I do end up going down for my Birthday since we are planning on doing a family trip in April/May 2018 but the cost is so much all at one time :confused:. When we got them last time it was not as much because we were just paying the difference on a 10 day hopper :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I wonder why they only do it for FL residents. I'm considering renewing my AP if I do end up going down for my Birthday since we are planning on doing a family trip in April/May 2018 but the cost is so much all at one time :confused:. When we got them last time it was not as much because we were just paying the difference on a 10 day hopper :)

I'm not sure?? It would probably entice a lot more people to buy one if they had that option. That much money all at once would be way too much for most!

pajammies

@blgauger
You are one lucky girl!! So, so jealous you are moving down there. I'm trying to convince my husband, but it's not working :cry:
I know jealousy is a bad trait to have, but I have a big green monster crawling all over me right now!
I hope you are happy there, and I agree with the person that said do it now. If you don't do it now, you'll wish you did later. That's me :facepalm:
Good luck!

blreinsel

Original Poster
@blgauger
You are one lucky girl!! So, so jealous you are moving down there. I'm trying to convince my husband, but it's not working :cry:
I know jealousy is a bad trait to have, but I have a big green monster crawling all over me right now!
I hope you are happy there, and I agree with the person that said do it now. If you don't do it now, you'll wish you did later. That's me :facepalm:
Good luck!

That's what we think, too! The longer we stay here, the more "ties" we're going to have. If we waited until we got married and started a family, I don't think we'd ever end up making the move.. especially ones our future kids start school. Now is the time. :) As many have said, if we decide we don't like it, we can always come back. But something tells me we're going to be permanent Florida residents. :) Thanks for the well wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom