YOU CAN RIDE ON STITCH!
AND KIDS/ADULTS CAN RIDE MAURICE'S HORSE
AND RIDE ON SVEN
AND THE HORSE FROM TANGLED
AND A CAMEL FROM ALLADIAN
COME ON DOWN! TO
IPKINGDOM

Mickey81

What??? My vacation is ruined....how could Disney not think about ME?? Why not do this on someone else's vacation?? I demand a room at the Grand Floridian to alleviate a tiny bit of the emotional effect this will have on my entire trip. I might as well just cancel vacation and work.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
IP'S WILL BE INSTALLED
YOU CAN RIDE ON STITCH!
AND KIDS/ADULTS CAN RIDE MAURICE'S HORSE
AND RIDE ON SVEN
AND THE HORSE FROM TANGLED
AND A CAMEL FROM ALLADIAN
COME ON DOWN! TO
IPKINGDOM
IMG_0136.JPG

TP2000

They changed the name from Cinderella's Golden Carousel to Prince Charming Regal Carousel in a silly attempt to appeal to boys, especially since the New Fantasyland expansion was fairly princess and girl-centric.

If that was really the reason they changed the name, that was a decision made by people who have never been a boy, don't know any boys, and don't know how to contact any boys to ask them for advice on being a boy.

Fox&Hound

They changed the name from Cinderella's Golden Carousel to Prince Charming Regal Carousel in a silly attempt to appeal to boys, especially since the New Fantasyland expansion was fairly princess and girl-centric.

I gotcha. Sorry, I did not follow. Yeah, especially since Prince Charming is so underdeveloped in that movie- it seems like the natural connection would be to Cinderella, although, it really doesn't fit that movie at all. If we were riding giant mice while being chased by a demonic cat then sure....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I gotcha. Sorry, I did not follow. Yeah, especially since Prince Charming is so underdeveloped in that movie- it seems like the natural connection would be to Cinderella, although, it really doesn't fit that movie at all. If we were riding giant mice while being chased by a demonic cat then sure....

And it'd be a more exciting ride.....

ToTBellHop

That's not true. They changed it because it's actually his castle, and his father's before him. He would have the horses, not Cinderella.

One conspiracy theory down.

PiratesMansion

I apologize if that was not in fact the reason, but I know that people were definitely saying as such when the name change happened. I maintain regardless that the name is completely ridiculous. No one cares about Prince Charming, even if it is "his" carousel.

Minnie Mum

I apologize if that was not in fact the reason, but I know that people were definitely saying as such when the name change happened. I maintain regardless that the name is completely ridiculous. No one cares about Prince Charming, even if it is "his" carousel.

I really can't think of a single kid who gives a rodents red patootie about the name of a ride. All they care about is seeing a beautiful carousel and wanting to ride it. I doubt that many adults put much thought into the name of the ride, either. A rose by any other name...

Animaniac93-98

That's not true. They changed it because it's actually his castle, and his father's before him. He would have the horses, not Cinderella.

One conspiracy theory down.

I thought the change was related to when there was going to be a Cinderella meet 'n greet in New Fantasyland (similar to Enchanted Tales with Belle) and they didn't want two attractions with Cinderella's name on them?

Ripken10

So they changed the name to make it fit the theme better, and you think it is ridiculous. Just keeping track.

Simba's Mom

From what I've read here, I guess I was the only one who read about the refurbishment and went "Oh, no-PLEASE don't let it be during our vacation." Riding the carousel is such a tradition to me-it says "Now you're really at WDW". I ride it at least two consecutive times. And I love standing in line and pointing out Cinderella's horse to some little princess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom