Preview of Disney-Pixar Inside Out coming to Epcot's Magic Eye Theater

note2001

I think Disney's on the right track with using the Magic Eye theater for previews, but it's as though they started down that mountain and got stuck looking at a pasture of flowers, totally forgetting that an EPCOT FW pavilion should educate as well as entertain. Where is the display like what DL has? Where is an imagineer to talk to us and tie in what we see in the film to what is over in Tomorrowland? To tell us about future plans for the parks and films? Tease us with some behind the scenes images of development going on for the other parks, stuff no one has seen elsewhere. The imagination pavilion should present all that is good about Disney imagineering and film creation. Use it to promote the entire Disney brand, not just one film.

Don't just toss a preview at us and call it it day. We want to be wowed.

DarthGrady

While I'm glad that EO is coming back, I know that it can't last forever. It's a great tribute to EPCOT's golden era. I like the idea of having a ride-through video of the original attraction. It would be nice for the uninitiated guests to see how great a ride USED to be there. Maybe it'll whip up some complaints about the horrid current condition of the pavilion, and they'll finally give us a proper sequel.

Kman101

I don't mind EO in the sense that it gives us something from EPCOT's better days. But I also am finding it to be incredibly lazy of them to keep it around. Anaheim and Paris can't seem to get rid of it fast enough yet we keep hearing it's coming back to Epcot. Says a lot, doesn't it? The sad part is, would anything even replace EO should it one day go? How long would that theater sit empty? Just like the Main Street Electrical Parade. I love it to death but it's time to say goodbye yet I feel like when they do dump it, nothing will replace it. As a company they shouldn't give fans the impression nothing or something lesser will replace an attraction or show or parade and they do.

tirian

I don't mind EO in the sense that it gives us something from EPCOT's better days. But I also am finding it to be incredibly lazy of them to keep it around. Anaheim and Paris can't seem to get rid of it fast enough yet we keep hearing it's coming back to Epcot. Says a lot, doesn't it? The sad part is, would anything even replace EO should it one day go? How long would that theater sit empty? Just like the Main Street Electrical Parade. I love it to death but it's time to say goodbye yet I feel like when they do dump it, nothing will replace it. As a company they shouldn't give fans the impression nothing or something lesser will replace an attraction or show or parade and they do.
Be careful what you wish for. Disney's newer night parades have some incredible technology, yet they also rely on too many movie clips on LED screens and weird glowing figures (think of old Christmas lawn decorations). I agree it's time for the MSEP to be replaced; I simply want it to be a worthy replacement.

Kman101

Be careful what you wish for. Disney's newer night parades have some incredible technology, yet they also rely on too many movie clips on LED screens and weird glowing figures (think of old Christmas lawn decorations). I agree it's time for the MSEP to be replaced; I simply want it to be a worthy replacement.

I don't disagree with you. A few things I didn't like with PTN, and the overuse of screens in theme parks in general is getting a bit tired, and I noticed their usage in PTN, even though I didn't mind and it didn't stand out as too much, at least to me. I want the MSEP to be replaced with something worthy of it as well, but how likely is it that we get a new night parade anytime soon? From reading on here they seem to keep saying no or putting off a Wishes replacement.

tirian

I don't disagree with you. A few things I didn't like with PTN, and the overuse of screens in theme parks in general is getting a bit tired, and I noticed their usage in PTN, even though I didn't mind and it didn't stand out as too much, at least to me. I want the MSEP to be replaced with something worthy of it as well, but how likely is it that we get a new night parade anytime soon? From reading on here they seem to keep saying no or putting off a Wishes replacement.
The idea of a new night parade has been kicked around since Spectro was still running. Nothing is planned right now.

OvertheHorizon

I think Disney's on the right track with using the Magic Eye theater for previews, but it's as though they started down that mountain and got stuck looking at a pasture of flowers, totally forgetting that an EPCOT FW pavilion should educate as well as entertain. Where is the display like what DL has? Where is an imagineer to talk to us and tie in what we see in the film to what is over in Tomorrowland? To tell us about future plans for the parks and films? Tease us with some behind the scenes images of development going on for the other parks, stuff no one has seen elsewhere. The imagination pavilion should present all that is good about Disney imagineering and film creation. Use it to promote the entire Disney brand, not just one film.

Don't just toss a preview at us and call it it day. We want to be wowed.

I completely agree. Disney is in the creativity business. The current "Imagination" pavilion is so lame, and the possibilities seem endless for what they COULD do.

Jahona

Don't think they could preview that in WDW since the theme park rights to the Ant Man character belong to Uni in Florida. They could do a monorail wrap that goes on the MK loop, but doesn't seem like they are.

They previewed Guardians of the Galaxy as well as one other Marvel movie that I can't remember the name of at Hollywood Studios.

Universal doesn't own the movie rights so Disney does have the opportunity to show it. Disney can't build or have the characters at Walt Disney World till the end of Uni's contract.

Cmdr_Crimson

Don't think they could preview that in WDW since the theme park rights to the Ant Man character belong to Uni in Florida. They could do a monorail wrap that goes on the MK loop, but doesn't seem like they are.

I honestly don't think it will do well...It's a superhero I don't hear too much of...It's like if Disney wanted to make a Gritty Condorman Reboot..
Condorman-Francesco-Francavilla-Comic-Twart.jpg

GrumpyFan

Oh boy, here we go again!
No offense, but this topic (Marvel/Uni rights vs Disney), has been discussed ad nauseam, and it never seems to be resolved. I've seen NUMEROUS comments with people stating one thing or another about it, but then it just goes in circles. What I haven't seen though, is definitive proof that specifically says who or what can and cannot be used. Yes, I've seen the original agreement, and it has some specifics, but there are some grey areas as well, and from what I understand, there is an addendum or another contract as well? So, can I just suggest we let it go, because I don't think anybody outside of several dozen Disney lawyers and a handful of Universal lawyers, really has a clear understanding of this.

note2001

If it's a life size wrap Universal would never know :D ... we would never know. :cool:

jt04

As soon as I saw Inside Out my first thought after my emotions settled down was "this would be perfect for the Imagination pavilion!"

This movie is tracking like all classic Pixar films so it may have enough to be considered. Wouldn't suprise me.

~goodnight and good luck~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom