Preview of Disney-Pixar Inside Out coming to Epcot's Magic Eye Theater

MrPromey

Inside Out does seem like it would be fitting for a Disney 3D feature, though they probably wouldn't even begin something like that until the film/IP proved to be a success.

There's precedent for this and with a Pixar movie, no less.

"A Bugs life" opened in theaters in November of 1998, Animal Kingdom opened several months prior with "It's tough to Be a Bug" as the attraction housed in the central park icon.

Honestly, with this whole pavilion, I think it would be difficult for them to make it any worse than it currently is - like, I think they would have to really put effort into coming up with a way to make it less desirable. They could remove the track from the ride, turn off all the effects and animatronics and it would at least be an air conditioned walk-through that doesn't subject you to fart smells.

ToTBellHop

They have a lot of Star Wars movies coming up
I would find the use of a place at DHS to show movie previews with special effects more appropriate. Like the Sounds Dangerous theater. Magic Eye deserves a new show. I assume eventually the same theater at DL will get a new show and we will get it too.

alphac2005

We're making a relatively quick trip down to FL in a few weeks and one of our kids wanted to go to Epcot for the day. My wife and I quickly let him know that there isn't a chance in the world that we're paying more than $500 to visit for the day for admission alone with the stale lesser quality product. THIS exemplifies it all. An attraction space that is as of now being used a theater to shill more product. I can watch that on my Apple TV.

Jeff456

I'd like to say anything is better than captain eo but it's just advertising replacing an attraction it's a poor one but it's still better than an advert!

ChesterKiwi

Nope, you and I stand united!!
We are here to change the world, us fans.

tumblr_li0yaefZgw1qc41wuo1_500.gif

HauntedMansionFLA

I loved it as a kid and I have a new appreciation for it considering Coppola and Lucas were involved. Having said that it does not look good anymore.

Anyone else think an Inside Out attraction could be a great fit for Imagination.?
Yes, it has potential to be a nice attraction if properly done. Don't go cheap. Start to put EPCOT back together.

seahawk7

I would find the use of a place at DHS to show movie previews with special effects more appropriate. Like the Sounds Dangerous theater. Magic Eye deserves a new show. I assume eventually the same theater at DL will get a new show and we will get it too.
Why did they stop using the Sounds Dangerous theater? It's where we saw the Malificent preview. It seemed to have ample capacity.

seahawk7

Nope. The movie is about emotions, which is only tangentially related, at best, to the theme of imagination.
I disagree. Somewhat could say something to me and I feel slighted consequently hurting my feelings causing me to feel the emotions sadness and anger. Now if the comment was not intended to cause anger or sadness, did I imagine the I'll intent? :angelic: Carry on.

Mr. Peabody

I disagree. Somewhat could say something to me and I feel slighted consequently hurting my feelings causing me to feel the emotions sadness and anger. Now if the comment was not intended to cause anger or sadness, did I imagine the I'll intent? :angelic: Carry on.
The key term there was "tangentially related". The theme of imagination, especially in the context of Epcot and the JII pavilion, encompasses much more. In that context, an Inside Out theme would be quite limiting, if not irrelevant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom