Pretty Disheartening

Rob562

Are you guys just going to the "Change Fastpass+" page and then hitting "change experience?" Or are you also fooling around with the times and then changing the experience. I feel like I'm doing something wrong since I keep seeing the same attractions listed. I am at the 24 day mark so I don't expect much but I was just hopeful something would open up.

What I did was keep the earliest FP+ we had that day (Space Mountain) at the time we selected, moved the time of the other one we wanted to keep (PeterPan) to be much later into the evening, and the one we wanted to swap out for Seven Dwarfs (Splash) even later than that. This left a large, open window of time through the middle of the day. Since I don't think the system would even offer a time that overlapped the ones you already had, I wanted to give it the most mid-day possibilities as possible.

I'd then try to Change Experience on Splash every morning. After a day or two I got it to switch to Seven Dwarfs but not until 7:10pm. Then I tried changing the time every day until I got a 1:25pm time that worked perfectly for our plans. After confirming that I then moved the Peter Pan up to 2:30.

Some may think this is too much work, but it was really quick to try it a couple times a day.
I made my initial FP+ choices at 45 days out, and it took about 9 days of trying after that to get things switched.

My only issue now is that we're at 34 days and one member of our group has been dragging his feet on buying his ticket. It remains to be seen how long it'll take me to get all our FP+ choices successfully copied to him (or even if I'll be able to get Mine Train copied to him at all)

Edit to add: Oh, and I found it faster and easier to try and make these changes using the mobile web version of the MDE site on my phone. I just kept the Itinerary for the day in question open in a browser tab, clicked on the FP+ for Splash and went into the Change screens from there.

-Rob

Zipadeelady

@kettcobb We were there last week for one day and MK was packed. I also wasn't able to get FP+ for 7DMR so I just checked a couple times throughout the day and they still had long lines. Finally right before Wishes i checked again and the sign said 40 minutes and i thought this is my last chance so we got in line and it only ended up being a 15 minute wait!!! I was stressing for no reason. I would just wait until right before closing and hop in line. :)

DisneyGirl3820

What I did was keep the earliest FP+ we had that day (Space Mountain) at the time we selected, moved the time of the other one we wanted to keep (PeterPan) to be much later into the evening, and the one we wanted to swap out for Seven Dwarfs (Splash) even later than that. This left a large, open window of time through the middle of the day. Since I don't think the system would even offer a time that overlapped the ones you already had, I wanted to give it the most mid-day possibilities as possible.

I'd then try to Change Experience on Splash every morning. After a day or two I got it to switch to Seven Dwarfs but not until 7:10pm. Then I tried changing the time every day until I got a 1:25pm time that worked perfectly for our plans. After confirming that I then moved the Peter Pan up to 2:30.

Some may think this is too much work, but it was really quick to try it a couple times a day.
I made my initial FP+ choices at 45 days out, and it took about 9 days of trying after that to get things switched.

My only issue now is that we're at 34 days and one member of our group has been dragging his feet on buying his ticket. It remains to be seen how long it'll take me to get all our FP+ choices successfully copied to him (or even if I'll be able to get Mine Train copied to him at all)

Edit to add: Oh, and I found it faster and easier to try and make these changes using the mobile web version of the MDE site on my phone. I just kept the Itinerary for the day in question open in a browser tab, clicked on the FP+ for Splash and went into the Change screens from there.

-Rob

I can't thank you enough for your advice. I'm all set to try this strategy out. Thanks again for the step-by-step. I just wasn't clear how people were able to do this. Wish me luck!:joyfull:

ninjaprincesst

It was true, I didn't get to see Anna and Elsa on that trip. Oh well
They must have just gone really fast on your trip because as I said my BIL got his family of 9, I got me and my daughter, and my friend got 3 and they are all for the same day at the same time. It stinks you couldn't get them
:(

cbettua

They must have just gone really fast on your trip because as I said my BIL got his family of 9, I got me and my daughter, and my friend got 3 and they are all for the same day at the same time. It stinks you couldn't get them
:(

I have 2 boys :) they didn't really care. I think it was more for me, and really I go so often I didn't really worry about it :)

jjbuster2

I booked my fastpasses on the morning they were eligible (60 days) at 4:30 am central daylight savings time and could only get one time for 7DMR and I cannot get a time change. So basically we have 2 FP in the morning, lunch ressie at Grand Floridian Cafe, and then go back into MK for our 3:30 7DMR and then park hop to EPCOT. Every time I try to change the time to ANY TIME before lunch it says 'no times available'. I guess we're lucky to have the FP that we do have but we'll try using the mobile app and see if that gives any different results.

kettcobb

Original Poster
So I can book now as we are only 27 days away but still nothing for 7DMT, Anna & Elsa and A couple of others.

Presume the standby line for these is usually very long too?

sjhym333

The best information I got was from a CM when FP+ and MDE first started. He told me that availability changes on a moment to moment basis as people cancel trips, decide to visit a different park, decide to sleep in or leave early, etc. I have often been able to pick 7DMT the day of and even while in the park. That hasn't been as true for A&E but since I no interest in that it hasn't been an issue. Keep checking. Things open up all the time. And help your fellow park goers...if you aren't going to use your FP's for some reason please cancel them so that someone else can pick them up.

Rob562

The best information I got was from a CM when FP+ and MDE first started. He told me that availability changes on a moment to moment basis as people cancel trips, decide to visit a different park, decide to sleep in or leave early, etc. I have often been able to pick 7DMT the day of and even while in the park. That hasn't been as true for A&E but since I no interest in that it hasn't been an issue. Keep checking. Things open up all the time. And help your fellow park goers...if you aren't going to use your FP's for some reason please cancel them so that someone else can pick them up.

Precisely. We were pleasantly surprised (and the CM at the kiosk was amazed) last week when we went to get our additional FP+ choice at Epcot mid-afternoon and were able to get a FP+ for all four of us on Soarin' for a FP+ window that opened up only 15 minutes from then. Someone had obviously just cancelled some.

-Rob

kettcobb

Original Poster
That's really positive - my approach is going to be constantly keep checking!

I guess the issue is we are a party of 8 so relying on 8 being spare

KatMaria

I've been able to get A&E and Mine Train the week of. It just depends on how constant you are in looking for it. Don't give up hope, people change their plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom