Pretty cool

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It was a trip in the wayback machine to see where all of my "likes" came from: July, 2004 - April, 2005. That was the era of "rep points", which must have come over in the data migration as likes. Nice work, Steve!
LOL yes I did resurrect the old rep points to start some of you off. A reward for being on the site nearly 10 years ago!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I saw you can change styles, but can't find how to change the colors.
The style changes the color. The dimmed version will replace the white at the sides of the text area with gray, and it will change the background of the text area to an "off white".

Captain Chaos

I just tried the liquid dimmer and it seems better that the regular dimmer. I'll get used to this eventually. Not a major issue. Everything else is so much better that the color of the background is really a little trivial. I know on another site we all complained when the admin switched to a new version of vBulletin. But, over time everyone got used to it. Same will happen here.

All in all I love the change over.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just tried the liquid dimmer and it seems better that the regular dimmer. I'll get used to this eventually. Not a major issue. Everything else is so much better that the color of the background is really a little trivial. I know on another site we all complained when the admin switched to a new version of vBulletin. But, over time everyone got used to it. Same will happen here.

All in all I love the change over.
Going forward there will be more styles, and I will certainly take onboard everyones comments. Colors are such a subjective matter, and it is hard to please everyone. I will get something that will appeal to those of you who are not liking the white.

Captain Chaos

Steve, maybe you can answer one more question from this pest LOL... Were you able to address the issue we had on the other board, where if we block or ignore a member, that we can't even see his or her posts when those posts are quoted by another member? Because, that does kind of defeat the purpose of ignoring someone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve, maybe you can answer one more question from this pest LOL... Were you able to address the issue we had on the other board, where if we block or ignore a member, that we can't even see his or her posts when those posts are quoted by another member? Because, that does kind of defeat the purpose of ignoring someone.

Yes the ignore on a quote bug is gone. Happy ignoring!!

Nemo14

Yeah, I got quite spoiled with 40 posts per page.

He actually answered this in another thread -
orky8 said:
Is there a way to change to number of posts per page? I can't seem to find that. But, the page count on some threads I'm quite familiar with just jumped a lot.​
No there isn't. This is because it is now possible to link to specific pages of threads. eg. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/feedback-on-new-style.838970/page-4

Allowing a user to change the number of posts per page would mean that a link to a page could result in a different set of posts appearing for different people.​

Tom

Beta Return
He actually answered this in another thread -
orky8 said:
Is there a way to change to number of posts per page? I can't seem to find that. But, the page count on some threads I'm quite familiar with just jumped a lot.​
No there isn't. This is because it is now possible to link to specific pages of threads. eg. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/feedback-on-new-style.838970/page-4
Allowing a user to change the number of posts per page would mean that a link to a page could result in a different set of posts appearing for different people.​

I too miss 40 posts, but the new URL scheme will make the site even more Search Engine Friendly, and allow for better linking.

GrumpyFan

The more I use it the more I like it!
Tried it on my Blackberry (work phone) and the mobile version/style is a huge improvement from before!
Thanks to all who put forth their time nd hard work on this. Hang in there. The naysayers will quieten down in few days.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The more I use it the more I like it!
Tried it on my Blackberry (work phone) and the mobile version/style is a huge improvement from before!
Thanks to all who put forth their time nd hard work on this. Hang in there. The naysayers will quieten down in few days.
That's great - glad to hear it is working well for you.

dreamscometrue

Steve...I really like the little 'picture in picture' avatars to show which threads I've posted to. Also, the speed is so much better. Looking forward to the other 'half' of the new site. Well done!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve...I really like the little 'picture in picture' avatars to show which threads I've posted to. Also, the speed is so much better. Looking forward to the other 'half' of the new site. Well done!
That's great! Glad you are seeing the speed improvements. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom