Pressed Pennies

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
I have a whole packet from Disney about pressed pennies. On the first page they have the history of pressed pennies, on the rest they have where the machines are located. Just goto guest services and they should give it to you.

stepharoni

presser locator?

Anyone know a website that lists the locations of the machines? I had one and lost it. Tom Smith's site is great for the pictures, but it didn't have the specific locations. Thanks

20 days!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
oh great another thing to start collecting besides pins:hammer: oh well cant have to many collections

you should see my family's Disney World collections!! mom and dad collects WDW licence plates (which are hanging around all over the kitchen) and WDW pins (i have a small collection of pins myself). my sister collects Disney buttons and has a collection of WDW keychains. and i still collect WDW keychains, plus i have my WDW pressed pennies collection. pack-rats, you say? no! just sentimental! ;) also, i have a collection of old room keys/tickets from WDW, and somewhere i have a small stack of receipts from one trip...i don't know why i kept them, but i did.
and that's just our DISNEY collections! lol!

Cindy Rella

Thanks everyone for the info on pressed pennies! My son started doing this on our last trip to AZ - lots cheaper than buying a souvenier that will break or will tossed in a month or so, also a fun way to remember places you've been.

So if we ask at the info booth as we arrive we can get s list of places or a packet on pennies? Are the collector books at lots of the giftshops?

My son is already psyched up for this, showed him some pics. We are heading back in the Fall:sohappy:

stepharoni

Thanks, mickeysaver. I cleaned my bag of pre-1982 pennies and my old pressed ones in catchup, like you suggested. What a big difference! I feel like a goober for going thru all that trouble, but they sure are shinier.

I also found the other penny machine site:

www.liss.olm.net/ec/disney/

It has all the locations, but no pics.

muchas gracias

Dizneydude87

I always wonder if the smushed coins are real or not beacause it is illegal to destroy money, even if it is a penny. Does anybody know how Disney gets away with this?

mikebrakes

Two years ago I discovered a "penny smasher" at one of the parks. I don't remember which park I was in at the time, but i smashed a penny. While wlking through the other parks, I saw several more. I stopped at all of them I found. It became an obsession. This year I picked up a few more, as well as a book to put them in.

It was my mother that showed me the book. She bought one for my nephew. I got eleven pennies and one quarter. I got back home and my nephew's was filled!!!

I've got a few pennies from other vacations I've taken over the years from different places. All i need to do is figure out where my other pennies are so I can put them in my book.

My first trip I tried to use 2000 pennies, the year I went, so I could place the date with the souvenier. It's better to use pennies before 1982 though. Newer pennies are made of zinc and coated with copper. I have a few pennies from 2000 that the zinc shows through. This year I saved as many pre-1982 pennies as I could find. I had a whole roll of them I carried with me as I toured the park. Fun to collect, and an inexpensive souvenier.

FutureCEO

Originally posted by Dizneydude87
I always wonder if the smushed coins are real or not beacause it is illegal to destroy money, even if it is a penny. Does anybody know how Disney gets away with this?

other parks do the same thing so it can't be illegal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom