Prep Work Has Begun for New Direct Ramp to Disney Springs Garage

PeterAlt

I haven't seen a South Florida Water Management District permit for this. Is this being built by Disney/Reedy, or a third party?
Considering that I-4 is a state and Federal road, I would assume that the state would be doing this (with Disney's money).

PeterAlt

logically they'd do this as quick as is feasible, since there going to need it before they can even attempt to build the tunnel for westbound buena vista drive traffic go for the gateway.

The area I"m talking about is circled in purple

does anyone know what the buildings circled in blue are? looks like theres possibly some type of walkway above buena vista drive.
I don't know if what you circled is indeed the elevated crosswalk, but Disney has said this will be part of the project.

PeterAlt

This image shows a different alignment of the flyover bridge...

DisneySprings-1.jpg

ozzel1

logically they'd do this as quick as is feasible, since there going to need it before they can even attempt to build the tunnel for westbound buena vista drive traffic go for the gateway.

The area I"m talking about is circled in purple

does anyone know what the buildings circled in blue are? looks like theres possibly some type of walkway above buena vista drive.
Looks like the area in purple is the main Bus entry, and also looks like some access to the Marketplace garage.

Blue looks like the new Cast Member/Other office. There is currently a 'office' building in the area where you circled purple that will have to be relocated. By the picture I posted, it looks like it will be two buildings with a ramp across BVD for CM's.

JungleTrekFan

Sorry, Mr. Alien Kitty Claws, I am not excited by the prospect of losing more trees and greenbelt for yet more concrete and roadways. This may be needed, but if it is, it is based upon poor decisions made in the past.
Yes, one could say that past planning was poor for future issues, but how do you predict the future so far in advance that you put in-place the infrastructure that will satisfy a resorts needs for decades to come. As with any urban development, WDW is a growing and breathing city. It does grow and change at a higher rate then most cities i would say.
Now thats not to say i am all for Central Florida completely non existent environmental city planning. The bulldoze and build as if nothing was there before technique of building is completely foreign to me. Orlando does drastically need to re-think its development plan to become more urban and a fulfilling city, instead of the sprawling suburb that it is now. The urban density is so minuscule its sad, which is why public transit in Orlando is also poorly planned and inefficient. But I’m getting off topic with my urban planning rant (sorry been doing a lot of research this month on city planning)

I think this new ramp will greatly increase efficiency and make the need for the 535 entrance less prominent which will also help with traffic and safety of 535. Honestly the need for an I-4 westbound exit from this garage or directly from DDT is unnecessary, since the current buena vista drive to Epcot center drive to I-4 exit works quite well, plus your already heading west anyways when taking that exit. Where as going onto i-4 east bound either has you back tracking from Epcot center drive or hitting all the traffic on hotel plaza and 535. But i don’t see any simple solution to an I-4 east exit.

GrumpyFan

Are we certain where this is going? I'm getting mixed views here on exactly where it comes in.
Based on the pic of the flyover that runs in front of the parking garage, that @PeterAlt posted, I'm envisioning the ramp coming in like this. Am I wrong?

Disney_Spr_I41d.png

I drew the red line first, then after looking more closely at the image @PeterAlt posted, realized the flyover started further back, and added the purple line which takes it between the casting building and the bank.

Last edited:

mm121

gross.. this photo shows a change from the going under tunner that was shown in initial photos, to a bridge over on buena vista south..

i know tunnels are harder to build, but in the long run a tunnel would be much more asteticlly pleasing and would help maintain some sense of the disney park like atmosphere vs this huge sea of concrete thats being constructed

This image shows a different alignment of the flyover bridge...

DisneySprings-1.jpg

Mike730

One note. It isn't a direct ramp. There will still be signals to cross LBV drive.

Last time I checked, access is only from westbound I4. Exit is only onto westbound I4.
Marni, that was the plan, but it has changed. This ramp will go over Buena Vista Drive and connect to one of the upper floors of the parking garage.
There is no direct exit to I-4. This is only for incoming traffic.

Just an FYI, confirmation of the latter by OTPN.
iAZJh3AfciA3P.png

Last edited:

FigmentsFangirl

I was under the impression that the work going on between Team Disney and Casting {behind the HESS gas station across from the PI bus entry} was where the new incoming ramp was going to be placed. Did this change or is the work going on there for something completely differnet ?

Mike730

I was under the impression that the work going on between Team Disney and Casting {behind the HESS gas station across from the PI bus entry} was where the new incoming ramp was going to be placed. Did this change or is the work going on there for something completely differnet ?
I'm pretty sure that is too east to be for the new ramp. The ramp should be on the other side of the Team Disney building, across from the Disneyquest/Cirque Du Soleil entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom