Preferred parking comes to Disney Springs from June 1

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Disney also has no issue disturbing regular guest experiences for upsells. The most notable is the parade viewing from the boat. They legitimately close a regular "attraction" for hours to grab cash from the few. Or what about all the DVC expansions that I'm sure you cherish that destroy sightlines and character all for the mighty dollar.
I am already on record stating that the parade viewing from the boat is not only a stupid idea, but totally agree it should never have happened as it does affect regular guests. That seems to be just about the ONLY one that everyone brings up that affects regular guests. The vast majority do NOT affect regular guests, and are simply a CHOICE for people to purchase or not.

So I suppose you are talking about the Poly Bungalows. I am also on record stating that they were stupid, and should never have been built. If you are going to bash me for something, at least try to find something that I haven't already stated that I was against.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I am already on record stating that the parade viewing from the boat is not only a stupid idea, but totally agree it should never have happened as it does affect regular guests. That seems to be just about the ONLY one that everyone brings up that affects regular guests. The vast majority do NOT affect regular guests, and are simply a CHOICE for people to purchase or not.

So I suppose you are talking about the Poly Bungalows. I am also on record stating that they were stupid, and should never have been built. If you are going to bash me for something, at least try to find something that I haven't already stated that I was against.

..except that nobody's bashing you.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No, an assumption isn't a personal attack. You couldn't possibly be that thin skinned.
Not thin skinned at all - but yes, saying I "cherish" something that I don't is a personal attack, not an "assumption". He wasn't trying to state that all DVC owners do - just me. So I'm just trying to set the record straight, since some here seem to think that I drink pixie dust - and nothing could be further from the truth. I deal in reality.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not thin skinned at all - but yes, saying I "cherish" something that I don't is a personal attack, not an "assumption". He wasn't trying to state that all DVC owners do - just me. So I'm just trying to set the record straight, since some here seem to think that I drink pixie dust - and nothing could be further from the truth. I deal in reality.

If I said that I thought you probably actually drink pixie dust coolers instead of straight pixie dust (would be kind of dry, but shrug), that's still not a personal attack though. :joyfull:

Parts of this comment are a joke.

Kman101

Platinum pass is crap though....unless you golf.....block out dates are only for times of the year I wouldn't dare visit anyway. Point is at each "tier" universal gives you more with there passes. Valet for example or the free express pass with higher AP Disney only differentiates via black out dates....so platinum pass is very poor value compared to silver unless you love standing in a sea of your closest friends at MK and or golf.

As an aside I think WDW is way too resort guest centric too and it leaves them vulnerable to tourist trend sways. Annual passes should hold more water IMHO.

Disney also has no issue disturbing regular guest experiences for upsells. The most notable is the parade viewing from the boat. They legitimately close a regular "attraction" for hours to grab cash from the few. Or what about all the DVC expansions that I'm sure you cherish that destroy sightlines and character all for the mighty dollar.

Disney world is a poor value period. Now I love the place and just renewed our AP. But I also stacked seaworld and universal APs so when I'm in black out dates guess who gets my cash?

Universal has blackout dates. I find value in visiting both Universal and Disney. If you didn't find some value in Disney you wouldn't have renewed your pass. I'm not at all disagreeing with a lot of your points but why renew if you feel so passionately that it's, to be blunt, not worth it? I personally think you're giving Uni a bit too much credit but again I'm not totally disagreeing with you.

And for example, not all Universal passes include parking. All of Disney's do. Disney offers a 20% discount, Universal 15%.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Universal has blackout dates. I find value in visiting both Universal and Disney. If you didn't find some value in Disney you wouldn't have renewed your pass. I'm not at all disagreeing with a lot of your points but why renew if you feel so passionately that it's, to be blunt, not worth it?

Yes, you're right but only on the two lowest tiers. The primary reason a lot of locals renew has less to do with Disney itself and more to do with being available to spend time with friends and family who visit. That's not to say that there's no value in WDW, because there's still tons but small tweaks could really make it great again.

Kman101

Yes, you're right but only on the two lowest tiers. The primary reason a lot of locals renew has less to do with Disney itself and more to do with being available to spend time with friends and family who visit. That's not to say that there's no value in WDW, because there's still tons but small tweaks could really make it great again.

Oh I agree (and that's true on family/friends, I just often go solo so that didn't really cross my mind LOL). I think Passholders are treated like crap for the most part. It's very very slowly turning a bit of a corner. Universal handles their passholders a bit better but to me both have their plusses and faults. I don't really think one's "better" than the other, but that's me. And while parking isn't offered on the two lowest tiers, Disney still offers it on all theirs so I give them the edge in that, LOL. Why can't Uni offer the same? Just because it's their lowest tiers doesn't excuse it, but we're kind of nitpicking here I suppose.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
And for example, not all Universal passes include parking. All of Disney's do. Disney offers a 20% discount, Universal 15%.

Disney's discount isn't available at most quick service restaurants though and you have to pay full rate, where you can get that 15% at all of the counter service at UO. Disney's 20% ends soon too, as it was only given for the 45th celebration, it won't be long before it will go back to 10%. It's not even 20% everywhere, only at select locations.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Oh I agree (and that's true on family/friends, I just often go solo so that didn't really cross my mind LOL). I think Passholders are treated like crap for the most part. It's very very slowly turning a bit of a corner. Universal handles their passholders a bit better but to me both have their plusses and faults. I don't really think one's "better" than the other, but that's me. And while parking isn't offered on the two lowest tiers, Disney still offers it on all theirs so I give them the edge in that, LOL. Why can't Uni offer the same? Just because it's their lowest tiers doesn't excuse it, but we're kind of nitpicking here I suppose.

You're absolutely right that they both have their plusses and faults.

Kman101

Disney's discount isn't available at most quick service restaurants though and you have to pay full rate, where you can get that 15% at all of the counter service at UO. Disney's 20% ends soon too, as it was only given for the 45th celebration, it won't be long before it will go back to 10%. It's not even 20% everywhere, only at select locations.

That's true but doesn't negate they still offered it LOL so it's valid until they don't. Again, we're nitpicking a bit here.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That's true but doesn't negate they still offered it LOL so it's valid until they don't. Again, we're nitpicking a bit here.

Oh, you're absolutely right. UO doesn't get everything right either. Do you remember the revolt when UO took the water option out of the Freestyle machines? I know I'm still annoyed by that.

Kman101

You're absolutely right that they both have their plusses and faults.

I just like to be fair to both. I see a lot of, and I'm generalizing, "Universal can do no wrong" arguments and I get why people are disillusioned with Disney, but they both have their plusses and faults. And yes it works the other way too, you have those that think WDW and Disney can do no wrong but it feels like any tiny bit of criticism towards Universal gets pounced on. I just try to point out neither is really above the other. IMHO, of course LOL. Everyone is entitled to feel how they want to feel but I just think Universal gets put on a pedestal lately. I know some are going to argue with me on that but it's just how I feel and see it.

Kman101

Oh, you're absolutely right. UO doesn't get everything right either. Do you remember the revolt when UO took the water option out of the Freestyle machines? I know I'm still annoyed by that.

We're getting off topic but yep. And personally I wish all the parks had water refill stations. Nice, cold, clean water. They give out free ice water, so why not?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
We're getting off topic but yep. And personally I wish all the parks had water refill stations. Nice, cold, clean water. They give out free ice water, so why not?

We can always start another thread, and keep talking if you want. That's one of the great things about this site. The mods allow quite a bit of freedom.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
#MDGA?

Red hat optional.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom