Pre-Trip Upgrade from Poly to Grand Floridian

Por-Favor-Manténgase

Original Poster
We were booked at the Poly for a standard room during free dining in mid-September. Received a call from Disney reservations yesterday. They offered an upgrade from the Poly to a lagoon view at the Grand Floridian. When we asked the reason for the upgrade, the cast member said that the Poly was completely double booked for the week we are traveling. Apparently the "magic band" service (as the cast member called it) had a glitch that opened all booked rooms at Poly for new reservations. They are now contacting everyone that was originally booked at the Poly and offering upgrades to the Grand Floridian. This affects most mid-September Poly reservations for free dining we were told.

PolynesianPrincess

We were booked at the Poly for a standard room during free dining in mid-September. Received a call from Disney reservations yesterday. They offered an upgrade from the Poly to a lagoon view at the Grand Floridian. When we asked the reason for the upgrade, the cast member said that the Poly was completely double booked for the week we are traveling. Apparently the "magic band" service (as the cast member called it) had a glitch that opened all booked rooms at Poly for new reservations. They are now contacting everyone that was originally booked at the Poly and offering upgrades to the Grand Floridian. This affects most mid-September Poly reservations for free dining we were told.

Oh wow, what week will you be there? That's a nice upgrade!! Though it kind of stinks if you really wanted to stay at the Poly though.

luv

If they tell you the Poly is booked and they need to move you, you could probably pick another hotel that isn't booked instead of the GF. I know many people don't like the GF, so I mention it. If you said, "Hey, I'd rather go to the Beach Club!", they'd probably move you there, assuming they have the room. I do like the GF and would be fine with that as an alternative. :)

I feel so badly for the people who have to make those calls. All those disappointed poly fans are going to bite their heads off...and they aren't the ones who screwed up.

jmorri26

I'm a little surprised its so booked up then! It's the "slow" season and always dead when we go then, I'd never imagine them able to double book the Poly especially since its a deluxe. I know its free dining but I noticed too the ADR's seem way more filled then that in past years. There's practically nothing good left now. Surprising.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm a little surprised its so booked up then! It's the "slow" season and always dead when we go then, I'd never imagine them able to double book the Poly especially since its a deluxe. I know its free dining but I noticed too the ADR's seem way more filled then that in past years. There's practically nothing good left now. Surprising.

Seems like with all the promotions Disney is offering (free dining, discounts) there is no "slow season" anymore. Not like it used to be, that's for sure.

jmorri26

Anyone saying Sept is slow hasn't been there in the last couple years.

That's when we always go. Never had an issue. Walk right on most rides, get all our ADRs even relatively last minute. Still crowds, but not unruly. I mean, Disney is never slow, but it's not the 2 hours waits you'd see in summer. It's bearable.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Personally, I'd ask for concierge | club level at the Poly rather than the GF. That's just me though. I know some folks love the GF.

I agree with others there is NO slow season at WDW anymore.

Zman-ks

Awesome! Hope you have a great trip! :)
75.gif

Ariel484

For our last trip we were booked at the Poly and switched to the Grand when the discounts came out...GF had discounted rooms and the Poly didn't. We were initially pretty disappointed because we'd been SO excited to stay at the Poly, but we really had a wonderful stay at the Grand and it is now our favorite resort on property (tied with the Boardwalk). Personally I think you can't lose either way. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wouldn't move. The Grand Floridian is not intriguing to me at all unless it was club level there for free. If the offered to move me to the Beach Club I would jump on that for sure!

MickeyPeace

That's when we always go. Never had an issue. Walk right on most rides, get all our ADRs even relatively last minute. Still crowds, but not unruly. I mean, Disney is never slow, but it's not the 2 hours waits you'd see in summer. It's bearable.

True. I usually go last week of Sept. That week in 2011 was insane. Beginning of Oct was actually less crowded. I'm going again for both weeks this year. See what happens.

coachwnh

Id have no problem with that. I enjoy staying at Poly, but Love GF!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom