Pre park routines.....

Disney4family

Get up - get ready - wake everyone else up with Stacy - sunscreen, clothes, sunglasses, baseball caps, clear backpack and clear pack (easier for security) - leave for another awesome day!

bigorangeandy

The last two trips have just been the wife and myself so things are a little different. For the last two trips I've gotten up showered and such. While I'm in the shower my wife makes coffee for me, then when she gets her shower I go down to the food court and heat up some sausage biscuits. The walk to the food court is a nice way to get the morning going,

Eckert

Being a young twenty-something living in Orlando, whenever I'm looking to visit the parks for a day I always stop at the Taco Bell right outside Downtown Disney and stuffing my face before hopping back on I4. Being hungry at Disney World is a surefire way to go broke. Plus, Taco Bell is so good :angelic:

MOUSEGIRL

I always get up first, get ready get the boys up and am out the door in 30 minutes or less. We all shower when we get back from the parks at night (don't want to sleep in nasty park bodies). when I walk past the coffee maker I start it buy the time I am finished putting up my hair and brushing my teeth it is ready. I wake the boys and while they are getting dressed I fill the mugs and order some breakfast by the time the order comes we are ready to walk out the door. To help start the this I have learned the night before while others are showering I lay out clothes even go as far as putting socks in the shoes. When I am brushing my teeth I put toothpaste on the others toothbrushes just to speed things up a little. We can sleep at home..

Pluto15

Original Poster
I always get up first, get ready get the boys up and am out the door in 30 minutes or less. We all shower when we get back from the parks at night (don't want to sleep in nasty park bodies). when I walk past the coffee maker I start it buy the time I am finished putting up my hair and brushing my teeth it is ready. I wake the boys and while they are getting dressed I fill the mugs and order some breakfast by the time the order comes we are ready to walk out the door. To help start the this I have learned the night before while others are showering I lay out clothes even go as far as putting socks in the shoes. When I am brushing my teeth I put toothpaste on the others toothbrushes just to speed things up a little. We can sleep at home..

Your ultra organised :)

RachelElizabeth

Our favorite make-in-the-room breakfast is pita bread, pepperoni or salami, and cheese. We make one for everybody, pop it in the microwave to melt a little, and then breakfast is portable, if somebody had a little trouble getting ready on time. We usually pop a bag or two of popcorn and put it in zip lock bags. It will be crunchy all day and satisfied that urge when we pass the vendors.

When we stay at the Boardwalk, I LOVE the walk to Hollywood Studios. Right along the little river we always see lots of wildlife: tons of squirrels and even a rabbit or two. Makes it easy to get out the door on time.

sophie_the_pooh

I usually get up first, I'm so excited to be at WDW that I'm up and ready to go as soon as the alarm goes on! When it was just DH and I, I would push him out of bed, we'd get dressed quickly, headed to the food court and went off to the parks from rope drop until closing time! Now that DS travels with us, I get up, get ready quickly, then wake up the boys. DH gets ready while I dress DS, we all put sunscreen on and head to the food court for a quick breakfast. Finally, we hit the parks, but until lunch only, since afterwards it is now nap time!

JohnWD

DW always takes a walk around Crescent Lake at sunrise, and I join her once in a while. She then gets our refillable mugs and walks to the BC to get us coffee and such. :)

Pluto15

Original Poster

Love the fact you put socks in shoes and toothpaste on brushes. I'd have loved my mum to do that :)

SDisney90

I'm always the first one up (travel with my girlfriend) yes it may sound crazy but I barely even sleep at night. No, it's not because the beds aren't comfortable I'm just too excited and antsy to get to the parks. Probably only get 3-4 hours a sleep a night while in DW. Since I'm up early I pack my backpack, make sure my dslr battery is back in, get my clothes and hop in the shower. Usually by the time I'm done, she is ready to get in the shower herself then we're few just about ready to go the food court for our breakfast and coffee....

FINALLY we get to the park for rope drop:D

Lvant

My Dad brings his "Disney Whistle" with us every time we go down....on the first morning there he uses it to wake us all up at the crack of dawn. It is one of his favorite things to do and something we have come to expect each time!

COrunner

Hi all

Does anyone have any pre park routines they do at the resorts each day, go for an early morning walk in the sunrise, a quick swim, some time at the gym?

At WL I used to get up real early and walk to FW along the trail and see the horses every day and then head back to resort for breakfast. Was great having a lovely peaceful walk before the busy day.

Would be great to hear your routines.

Depending on who we are with there is either an early morning run to stretch the legs out. Sometimes it's hitting up the club level for light breakfast or catching a QS for coffees and some snacks.

It isn't about rushing but taking in the morning sights/smells. There is nothing better than early morning WDW resort smell.

Missymoe4

Well, time differs depending on how late we were in the parks and/or enjoying the Boardwalk , Polynesian or other adult beverage venue...Some days I'm up at 5 am and ready to go. Others more around 10 or 11 am. It all depends on rope drop and how tired we are.

With that said, here are some more meandering thoughts:
I would love to say I run. I don't. I should. It would be really neat at Disney. But it's vacay. Sometimes I'm the first one up, sometimes the last. Some days with a splitting headache, other days I'm ready for the fun to begin.

My morning routine: shower and other female routines, and most importantly: to hit to the coffee (hard and strong). Oh, and best thing is to sit on the balcony, listen to the birds, see the boats on Bay Lake silently glide by, smell the humid Florida air and remind myself that I'm in WDW!! My most favorite image is of sunrise on Bay Lake. It has made me smile for years now and brings me back to that one August morning....

SAM_0318.JPG

Missymoe4

Depending on who we are with there is either an early morning run to stretch the legs out. Sometimes it's hitting up the club level for light breakfast or catching a QS for coffees and some snacks.

It isn't about rushing but taking in the morning sights/smells. There is nothing better than early morning WDW resort smell.

I have been thinking about doing club level one trip. I still a bit timid to push the button...but it does sound lovely.

disneyfirstLJ

I always wake up before my daughter so I shower and get ready for the day. Then I wake her up and while she is getting ready I walk to the food court to fill our mugs and sometimes pick up something special for breakfast. I also call my parents to check in while walking to the food court. It is the perfect way to start off my Disney day!

COrunner

I have been thinking about doing club level one trip. I still a bit timid to push the button...but it does sound lovely.

You'll never look back!

Totally worth splitting the room cost just for the breakfast and evening night caps. Plus the lounge area gives you more room if someone is taking a nap or getting ready. I also went there early one morning and did some work and let everyone sleep in.

Also the concierge really makes navigating the whole FP+ easier. You just text them what you want to do and they take care of it.

Missymoe4

You'll never look back!

Totally worth splitting the room cost just for the breakfast and evening night caps. Plus the lounge area gives you more room if someone is taking a nap or getting ready. I also went there early one morning and did some work and let everyone sleep in.

Also the concierge really makes navigating the whole FP+ easier. You just text them what you want to do and they take care of it.

What hotel did you do this at? What's the best?

You're giving me a good reason to do it....

COrunner

We did it at the Yacht club. Honestly the two best things were the breakfast and the ability to text the concierge. It eliminated a lot of the morning rush to get everyone eating because breakfast was a few steps away. Then when we were off the park figuring out a schedule was as easy as texting 'We would like to go to the TOT is there something available at 10 am?'

Highly recommend it!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Get up by 6 shower get kids and dh up and fed and find a minute to throw some coffee down my throat to be at the gate 30 minutes prior to rope drop. I just typed that with one breath! That's how I feel by the time I get to the park. Need 30 minutes or so to decompress.:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom