Pre park routines.....

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi all

Does anyone have any pre park routines they do at the resorts each day, go for an early morning walk in the sunrise, a quick swim, some time at the gym?

At WL I used to get up real early and walk to FW along the trail and see the horses every day and then head back to resort for breakfast. Was great having a lovely peaceful walk before the busy day.

Would be great to hear your routines.

SAV

Shower, get the wife some coffee in her refillable mug while she showers so it speeds things up. Wrangle the kids from bed and get them moving and ready. Eat. Make sure the backpack is packed with everything we'll need for the day.

Wait for everyone else to get their butts in gear and catch up to me. I have places to be and things to see.

Mista C

Wait for everyone else to get their butts in gear and catch up to me. I have places to be and things to see.

Exactly how I feel. My daughter and I are dressed and ready while my wife is still in the shower. We usually go down to the resort restaurant and eat breakfast while my wife finishes getting ready. If it was up to me, we would be out of the room by 7:30 every morning.

Kaznagan

Exactly how I feel. My daughter and I are dressed and ready while my wife is still in the shower. We usually go down to the resort restaurant and eat breakfast while my wife finishes getting ready. If it was up to me, we would be out of the room by 7:30 every morning.

i will be the one waiting i think! I'm used to rising early for my job, so i'll be up ready to take on what Disney has in store for me each day! Also knowing me, i'll be the last one to leave the park as well!!!

Weather_Lady

I'm up first. I shower and get ready, and while my family is getting dressed and having a quick bowl of cereal in our hotel room so we can get to a park before rope drop, I slip out to the balcony, patio, or nearest stoop with a cup of coffee and have a few minutes of quiet time to pray, reflect, listen to the birds (or the roar of lawnmowers or the squeak of the cleaning carts) and breathe in the rareified Disney air. :)

ItlngrlBella

We rent a house so I usually wake up early - before the sun, and throw something in oven for breakfast for our crew (usually something I throw together the night before and keep overnight in the fridge, like a French-toast bake, egg bake/quiche or something).

While that's baking in the oven I'll swim laps (LOVE to do this during sunrise), and then relax in the hot tub. Once out of the pool, I take b-fast out of oven to cool on a counter and make coffee, shower and get ready.

By then, everyone smells breakfast and wakes up on their own and then our guys are making their "must-have manly breakfast meats" (bacon, sausage, bacon and more bacon). Then it's off to the parks!

Last edited:

Pluto15

Original Poster
We rent a house so I usually wake up early - throw something in oven for breakfast for our crew (something I throw together the night before and keep overnight in the fridge like a French-toast bake, egg bake/quiche or something).

While that's baking in the oven I'll swim laps (best during sunrise), and then relax in the hot tub. Once out of the pool, I take b-fast out of oven to cool on a counter and make coffee, shower and get ready.

By then, everyone smells breakfast and wakes up on their own and then our guys are making their "must-have manly breakfast meats" (bacon, sausage, bacon and more bacon). Then it's off to the parks.

That's a great start and great way to wake them up :)

Please may I ask what French toast bake is and how I would make it?

zurgandfriend

I am the early bird in my family, I shower, shave and shine then head out for a walk around the resort. I have had some great conversations with other guests or cast members. After my walk I have a cup of coffee and read USA today in the lobby of my resort while I wait for my DW to call me and either place breakfast orders, e.g. coffee and a bagels or let me know she and DS are ready so let's go to breakfast.

Last edited:

Pluto15

Original Poster
I am the early bird in my family, I shower, shave and shine then head out for a walk around the resort. I have had some great conversations with other guests or cast members. After my walk I have a by a cup of coffee and read USA today in the lobby of my resort while I wait for my DW will call me and either place breakfast orders, e.g. coffee and a bagels or let me know she and DS are ready so let's go to breakfast.

Sounds good :) I love the resort first thing going for a walk before everyone is up and chatting to other guests and cast members. It's nice before the busy day that's ahead.

seahawk7

I get up before everyone else and get ready. Then I wake them up and while they are getting ready I take all of our refillable mugs and sit in the food court drinking God awful coffee. I then bring back everyone their mug filled with their choice of beverage.

ItlngrlBella

That's a great start and great way to wake them up :)

Please may I ask what French toast bake is and how I would make it?

Yes! Here you go! It's something I make if we have overnight guests, Christmas breakfast or special occasions like vacation - it's pretty unhealthy (I'm usually a protein shake breakfast kind of gal). If we are on vacay and I'm cooking, I'm all for things I can make ahead and then toss in the oven or a crockpot for an easy meal.

I have a few pinned via Pinterest and this is my favorite - if this link/pin doesn't work, let me know: http://pinterest.com/pin/217298750741433001/

TIP: If you sparingly sprinkle some large crystal sea salt when it's cool, it's sea-salted carmel baked French toast.

PS: I forget to mention we ALWAYS have a big platter of fresh fruit at any meal we eat back at the house because we can't get enough of the fresh healthy produce when we are down there.

Last edited:

R W B

Idk about this, so far everyone who has posted says their the first one up, is that really the truth lol??

Me on the other hand, the alarm wakes me up first but I kick my fiancé out of bed first so she can get started on her routine since she takes longer lol. After were both ready it's off to the resort restaurant for breakfast and then we hit the the parks. We wake up usually for 9 (it is vacation after all, not trying to wear myself out even more) so we don't wake up early enough for sun rise or anything like that but it sounds nice. So does taking an early morning swim, might try that next trip if we can get up early enough.

ItlngrlBella

Idk about this, so far everyone who has posted says their the first one up, is that really the truth lol??

Me on the other hand, the alarm wakes me up first but I kick my fiancé out of bed first so she can get started on her routine since she takes longer lol. After were both ready it's off to the resort restaurant for breakfast and then we hit the the parks. We wake up usually for 9 (it is vacation after all, not trying to wear myself out even more) so we don't wake up early enough for sun rise or anything like that but it sounds nice. So does taking an early morning swim, might try that next trip if we can get up early enough.

Yes! Have you been to my house?!? Lol!

Where we live the sun is hardly out during winter (usually when we go to Florida), so I take every second to enjoy as much sun as I can, plus as per our normal daily routine, I'm the one to get everyone up, fed and out the door, so yes, if I don't wake up we end up sleeping in. :) Someone needs to get the troops moving!

Usually I will sleep in on our non-park days such as beach day or visiting family-day, where we can afford the extra time.

I HIGHLY recommend the early sunrise swim (or run, if that's your bag). We usually do this trip with other people (our friends and their kids or my sister and her husband), so I love the PEACE AND QUIET before the craziness begins. :)

Last edited:

Pluto15

Original Poster
Yes! Here you go! It's something I make if we have overnight guests, Christmas breakfast or special occasions like vacation - it's pretty unhealthy (I'm usually a protein shake breakfast kind of gal). If we are on vacay and I'm cooking, I'm all for things I can make ahead and then toss in the oven or a crockpot for an easy meal.

I have a few pinned via Pinterest and this is my favorite - if this link/pin doesn't work, let me know: http://pinterest.com/pin/217298750741433001/

TIP: If you sparingly sprinkle some large crystal sea salt when it's cool, it's sea-salted carmel baked French toast.

PS: I forget to mention we ALWAYS have a big platter of fresh fruit at any meal we eat back at the house because we can't get enough of the fresh healthy produce when we are down there.

Thanks for the recipie :) I've never tasted sweet French toast. Here it's more savoury. You would use eggs mixed with some milk and whisk then dip fresh bread and fry in a hot frying pan with olive oil. Once golden you would then add salt (and brown sauce if you like this). Tasty but high in calories. It's a yummy treat. Yours looks much better though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom