1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

PotC refurb

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Courtman, May 21, 2008.

1. Courtman

Courtman Active Member

Pirates is down for refurb June 5th-18th. How typical, we fly out to Florida on 5th and return on the 15th - almost the entire refurb period!

Any idea what is being done, and if the start/end dates will change or are they normally pretty fixed about scheduling these things?
  2. MousDad

MousDad New Member

I'm there 10-16. Here's to hoping it opens early by some stroke of luck. (POTC has been down 2 of my last 3 trips.)
  3. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Its replacing various ride mechanism parts (pumps etc). Nothing really that guests will notice.

They are going to want to get it back up for the busy period, so I dont expect it to overshoot.
  4. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Just to add to what Steve said, it`s mainly for something not forseen during the main rehab - hence the downtime now. It has to allow for the JC to reopen too, and shouldn`t take longer than stated.