POTC #5

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/17/pirates-5-dead-men-production-begins

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in the blockbuster adventure franchise that began over a decade ago, has started production on location in Queensland, Australia, Disney announced Tuesday.

The Jerry Bruckheimer production will film entirely in Queensland, as well as at Village Roadshow Studios.

Johnny Depp will be reprising his role as Captain Jack Sparrow, as will Academy Award winner Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa, Kevin R. McNally as Joshamee Gibbs and Stephen Graham as Scrum.

New to the franchise are Oscar winner Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men), KayaScodelario (The Maze Runner), BrentonThwaites (Maleficent) and GolshiftehFarahani (Exodus: Gods and Kings).

Disney released a synopsis with the production announcement:

Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea…including him. Captain Jack’s only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas.

The film currently has a July 7, 2017, release date.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I don't care what anybody says, I'm looking forward to this. But PLEASE let it be based on a good script!

I liked most of them. 4 needed to cut the whole mermaid romance part. If they had cut that it would have been a much better movie. I don't know why they think every movie need a romance line. Sometimes you just want to see pirates be pirates! Go fight something!

Arthur Wellesley

Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea…including him. Captain Jack’s only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas.
So I wonder if they're gonna completely just drop the whole Angelica story, & that whole Mermaid love thing going on with the priest (which I could honestly care less about...but would be a pretty obvious plothole left wide open).

I wonder if the Dutchman will show up. It is still out there...somewhere. And the whole story now about Will Turner taking souls to the next life...and now ghost pirates(?) Could possibly connect the two somehow.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I liked most of them. 4 needed to cut the whole mermaid romance part. If they had cut that it would have been a much better movie. I don't know why they think every movie need a romance line. Sometimes you just want to see pirates be pirates! Go fight something!
While I didn't mind the mermaid romance part for what it was, it was more for what it did, added too much time. The problem I have had with all the pirates, is the length.
Pirates 1 - 2.5hr
Pirates 2 - 2.5hr
Pirates 3 - almost 3hr
Pirates 4 - 2.25hr
Aside from a good story, I really hope they can keep the movie at 2hrs or just below. A shorter film with less drawn out scenes will do a lot for the franchise I believe. A movie doesn't need to be long to be epic.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
“Captain Jack is back and we’re not letting him go,” producer Jerry Bruckheimer tweeted Tuesday
CDIkwVPWYAEkr5d.jpg

Disneydreamer23

I feel like I missed the last one now?Was the last one where turner has to be the captain of the ship ?? If I missed the last one I need to watch it I thought I was up to date! Some one help!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I really enjoyed the 1st and 2nd. I was disappointed with the third. The 4th, I wrote a letter to Disney asking to have 2 hrs of my life refunded. I look forward to this installment, I think there's still a lot of potentional with franchise.

I totally LOVED the first one, was completely bummed by the second one, wanted my money back after the 3rd one (plus, as you say @Mickey81, 2 hours of my life!), and didn't even bother to see the 4th one.

I think I agree with @RandomPrincess (although she may only partially agree with me), the romance in the first movie was just right (dare I say "perfect"?) and they should have left it at that. The rest of them should have been swashbucklers. ;)

It's entirely possible that I'll wait for #5 to be on cable.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I totally LOVED the first one, was completely bummed by the second one, wanted my money back after the 3rd one (plus, as you say @Mickey81, 2 hours of my life!), and didn't even bother to see the 4th one.

I think I agree with @RandomPrincess (although she may only partially agree with me), the romance in the first movie was just right (dare I say "perfect"?) and they should have left it at that. The rest of them should have been swashbucklers. ;)

It's entirely possible that I'll wait for #5 to be on cable.

Agree completely the romance in #1 was perfect! The rest just give me some action and flirting by Captain Jack.

imagineer boy

I really think they should've just left the trilogy be, but instead of a fourth movie in the continuity they should've just made a Jack Sparrow spin-off franchise. When you think about it, that's what the fourth movie essentially is. Apart from Jack being in it, there's really no reason why to call it Pirates 4. lol

216bruce

I can't wait to see this. I've loved all the movies so far. Although, I have to agree with other posters, I really didn't see the point of the mermaid/missionary romance side plot in On Stranger Tides. Just left me feeling.... MEH.
I think it could be an interesting off-shoot storyline, but yeah, it wasn't necessary for the main story.

DisDan

So... did anyone besides me watch the Starz series "Black Sails". Season 2 just finished and it was awesome, I love the show and if you liked POTC I can't imagine you not looking this show. It had become one of my favorite shows going right now. Highly recommended.

HelenBezzo

I hadn't heard of it until I saw your post, DisDan, but I've just spent this weekend checking both seasons out. How did I miss that series starting??? I must be living under a rock! It really is a great show and I can't wait for Season 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom