Post pictures of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prberk

It works!

Hey, I'm finally getting this photo scanning and posting thing down!

So, here at last, are a couple of photos of myself:

With my brother Michael (at right), with Goofy in 1973, at MK...

626With_Goofy_Michael_1973-med.jpg

At South of the Border in the '70s ...

62670s_-med.jpg

And, just a few years ago with my parents on the monorail, during a family reunion:

626on_the_monorail_1997-med.jpg

Enjoy!

Paul

tigsmom

OMG! South of the Border is almost exactly the same!!!!!

Attachments

• South of the Border.JPG
    South of the Border.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 163

prberk

That's cool. The Pedro statue is a little different, but you can tell by the "E" and "W" on the store that we are near the same spot!

Wow. My question is: how many people on this board have stopped and taken family pics over the years at South of the Border? For many of us on the East Coast of the United States, I think it has been a tourist trap/must-stop for many a family vacation!

Heck, the signs alone were a lot of fun; although the PC police make the current versions a whole lot less fun than they used to be.... ("Pedro sez... ")

I know, though, after you pass it going South on I-95, you have a LONG way to go before the next state line!!! (And thus still a long way before "we get there"!)

AKQJ10

Oh, God... how many times have i seen Pedro at 5 am??!! We drove to Florida every year as a kid, and we usually hit SotB around dawn. Nothing liike some greasy eggs and the sun rising over Pedro's sombrero.

Thanks for bringing back a great old memory!!!

tigsmom

AKQJ10 said:
Oh, God... how many times have i seen Pedro at 5 am??!! We drove to Florida every year as a kid, and we usually hit SotB around dawn. Nothing liike some greasy eggs and the sun rising over Pedro's sombrero.

Thanks for bringing back a great old memory!!!

We always stopped as kids too, thats why I stop with my kids. :lol:

I've never been brave enough to eat anything there, though.
(its scary enough using the bathrooms. :zipit: )

phlydude

Not everyone!!!

I had heard about it (mainly because you could start getting the good fireworks once you hit South of the Border) and have seen bumper stickers but I have never driven that far south on I-95. The one time when I went to anywhere but the Jersey shore when I was a kid, we flew to WDW. Now as an adult, I fly when I head south. It'll be a while before I ever meet Pedro in person...

disneymoc

Wasn't a scene filmed at South of the Border in the romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck? I can't remember the name of it. Forces of Nature?

Wckd Queen

disneymoc said:
Wasn't a scene filmed at South of the Border in the romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck? I can't remember the name of it. Forces of Nature?
I need to rent that now just to check :lol:

I think you start seeing those signs somewhere around Virginia. And they keep coming...and start getting closer and closer together as you get closer and closer to the complex...as if you can miss it :lol: The one time we stopped there was an infestation of the biggest, ugliest, nastiest gypsy moths there. OMG!! If there is ONE thing that freaks me out to no end, its MOTHS! I was less than amused, to say the least. I screamed and screetched my way from the parking lot into the building, waving my arms over my head as I ran, because the one thing that overpowers the fear of moths is the need to use the facilities :lookaroun

prberk

Wckd Queen said:

No, Wckd Queen, Pedro "says" nothing. That's the PC version of "Pedro sayz" or "Pedro sez"... :lookaroun :lol:

The signs used to really be a rite of passage for family vacations down 95, especially for us Virginians headed South. Now I think they are in competition with the "Visit Mickey for a Minnie Price" signs that advertise Orlando deals in big letters...

And, hey, Tigsmom, I think I stop there for the same reason, now. (Although it is a good bathroom and gas stop before conquering the rest of South Carolina's long, lonely trip on 95...)

Paul

Not For Sale

prberk said:
The signs used to really be a rite of passage for family vacations down 95, especially for us Virginians headed South. Now I think they are in competition with the "Visit Mickey for a Minnie Price" signs that advertise Orlando deals in big letters...
Yeehaw Junction!

surfsupdon

South of the Border is a definate rite of passage for Disney World family vacations.

And they get you excited way too early. "South of the Border, 250 miles"

Then you see a sign every mile under 50, haha.

We stopped there once for hotdogs, it kinda reminds me of Hester and Chester's at AK. A big zany mess of vibrantness and gaudiness, clearly not belonging. :)

prberk

Any other good pics of it (that you will admit to have)?

Or marriage stories? My parents don't remember SotB being there yet, but they DID elope in 1964 to another wedding chapel in Dillon, SC, to get married -- because they were tired of family bickering over wedding details...

And they just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary! With one of the most loving marriages I know....

Paul

Jacks Sally

How very pretty you are DIMV and I love your doggie
and the drawings your BF did are great :)

Who's dog is LuLu....another very cute doggie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom