News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

Actually, higher-ups do know, at least as far up as George. Not sure, but I assume Chapek and Iger too. This was originally going to be (and probably still) a BLT situation, where CMs will try to use the Jedi Mind Trick. A surprising amount of things have been accounted for. Expect this system to move faster that the Alton Towers System. A Video of the BGW one might be best, or better, BGT, where you imagine there is a station at the bend.

You misunderstand - I'm sure they know about the project, just not the 'leak'.

rushtest4echo

Have you seen some of the posts in the site that should not be named? :)
People are complaining that the new parking structure and eastern gateway in Anaheim will add a few hundred more feet of walking.
I'm like you i would rather walk instead of waiting in line for a something that will be so short in length but I think people are just getting more lazy.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't add this to Animal kingdom to begin with. That is the one park that doesn't have any direct connection to other resorts or theme park gates. It might have even been cool if it went over part of the parks savanas

Not sure I follow on which site that is, but yes I've seen the bellyaching about Disneyland's proposed situation. Though in that case I'd have preferred the moving walkway just for efficiency's sake. Disneyland is in the process of becoming unwalkable, sadly- despite this new structure deal. Everything's a cattle pathway and the smaller/less used ones will be removed or walled off for security. I used to talk from Mickey & Friends, Ball Lot or even TDA's structure and walk to the front entrance. Can't do that anymore either. It's necessary due to DHS's utterly stupid security mandates for the resort. Expect to see more of that here soon enough, starting with the monorail/ferry.

Last edited:

rushtest4echo

You misunderstand - I'm sure they know about the project, just not the 'leak'.

Which "leak" are you referring to? Disney is aware that people dig around for permits. If they wanted to keep something from being "leaked" as you say, they'd have instructed people to hold off on the permit dump. It's not some big secret. This thread's trending towards conspiracy and innuendo is just astounding. I guess everything needs to have a big story attached. Then again, none of this was a "story" until you know who got involved, now it's a circus of who said what when and how and who screwed up by filing a permit and then having an unrelated announcement for an resort expansion and a new tower- BOTH OF WHICH were known about well before the "gondola bombshell"... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone care to elaborate on why Animal Kingdom is still SOL for mass transportation (besides the busses) ?

Is it that far out of the way? The usual cost reasons?

Anyone?

Originally, it was stated that the park was to be cut off from the other parks/resorts for thematic purposes. It's also why the parking lot is clear cut as opposed to the other lots which have rows of trees to break up the endless rows of cars. I know that all sounds far fetched and outlandish, but it's true. The parking lot is supposed to look as desolate as possible in order to highlight what a blight it is on the otherwise natural/beautiful landscape (especially the Oasis). The parks location at the bottom edge of the resort also sort of makes transport there more difficult than the other parks. Monorail was never going to happen, and a boat would take forever even if a canal system existed (current ones around that area aren't suitable).

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Which "leak" are you referring to? Disney is aware that people dig around for permits. If they wanted to keep something from being "leaked" as you say, they'd have instructed people to hold off on the permit dump. It's not some big secret. This thread's trending towards conspiracy and innuendo is just astounding. I guess everything needs to have a big story attached. Then again, none of this was a "story" until you know who got involved, now it's a circus of who said what when and how and who screwed up by filing a permit and then having an unrelated announcement for an resort expansion and a new tower- BOTH OF WHICH were known about well before the "gondola bombshell"... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Relax. I was just using the vernacular thats going around. I don't think there is any conspiracy. My point was that the higher ups don't know that we are sitting here talking about a permit for 80 pages. And that the permits were not 'dumped' nor the Coronado announcement made to dissuade us from talking about it. Just coincidence.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Originally, it was stated that the park was to be cut off from the other parks/resorts for thematic purposes. It's also why the parking lot is clear cut as opposed to the other lots which have rows of trees to break up the endless rows of cars. I know that all sounds far fetched and outlandish, but it's true. The parking lot is supposed to look as desolate as possible in order to highlight what a blight it is on the otherwise natural/beautiful landscape (especially the Oasis). The parks location at the bottom edge of the resort also sort of makes transport there more difficult than the other parks. Monorail was never going to happen, and a boat would take forever even if a canal system existed (current ones around that area aren't suitable).
I figured they just didn't want to scare the animals.

P_Radden

I was hoping for something I didn't know about! Marie
I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. :) As as @Clammman suggests, a couple of express Friendship boats traveling back and forth from the IG to DHS would be a welcome addition to the current situation, and probably wouldn't be too overly difficult to implement. Upgrading the Friendship boat system actually presents many possibilities...
If boat traffic is an issue, build more docks:
Express Dock.png

Express Dock DHS.png

I'm not an engineer and these docks may need to be spaced out a little more, but the point is, it wouldn't take much to add an express Friendship Boat fleet

wannabeBelle

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. :)
I definitely didn't take it like that at all! I like the idea you have about an express boat option, I just wonder if a capacity issue might present itself with that? Too many boats trying to get through the parts of the route that only allow one at a time like under the bridges?? What do you think? Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom