Possible New Competition

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Hey guys. This is my First Competition. Each round will have atleast 1 person elimination.

Each round will be a different theme park in the resort. If at least 4 people signup, I could continue. Please comment (by November 25 plz) if you are interested.

It would be a Disney resort.

Again, Please comment BY NOVEMER 25 if you are intrested.

Daveeeeed

Hey guys. This is my First Competition. Each round will have atleast 1 person elimination.

Each round will be a different theme park in the resort. If at least 4 people signup, I could continue. Please comment (by November 25 plz) if you are interested.

It would be a Disney resort.

Again, Please comment BY NOVEMER 25 if you are intrested.
You might want to talk with @spacemt354 @MonorailRed & @Voxel among others before you start a comp. good ideas though!

spacemt354

Chili's
You might want to talk with @spacemt354 @MonorailRed & @Voxel among others before you start a comp. good ideas though!
The only things I would suggest for @Disneylover152 is knowing your surroundings and having a plan.

A competition is a lot of work (for both the players and the host) so you need to make sure you have a solid footing before you jump into it. Enough players, a reasonable time period, etc.

I'm more in favor of well thought out, in-depth competitions that bring the forum together, rather than several fly by night competitions that don't end up finishing.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
The only things I would suggest for @Disneylover152 is knowing your surroundings and having a plan.

A competition is a lot of work (for both the players and the host) so you need to make sure you have a solid footing before you jump into it. Enough players, a reasonable time period, etc.

I'm more in favor of well thought out, in-depth competitions that bring the forum together, rather than several fly by night competitions that don't end up finishing.

I think mines well thought out...

I was gonna have each round be a different theme park in a resort.
Round 1 will be a castle park with an unlimited amount of themed lands and between 45-50 attractions.

Round 2 would be an second gate (of your choice) with an unlimited amount of themed lands and between 35-40 attractions.

Round 3 would be an original gate (so not California Adventure, Disney Sea, a Studio, Animal Kingdom, or EPCOT park), with 5-6 themed lands and between 35-40 attractions.

I don't know if this is good enough, but maybe I need more time to develop it.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
interested depending on when it would be...

I was going to have it in 3 rounds,
Round 1 being announced on November 28 and being due by December 3 (then winners would be announced on December 4)
Round 2 being announced on December 5 and being due by December 10 (then winners would be announced on December 11)
Round 3 being announced on December 12 and being due by December 17 (then winner would be announced on December 19)

So in total, November 28-December 19

spacemt354

Chili's
I was going to have it in 3 rounds,
Round 1 being announced on November 28 and being due by December 3 (then winners would be announced on December 4)
Round 2 being announced on December 5 and being due by December 10 (then winners would be announced on December 11)
Round 3 being announced on December 12 and being due by December 17 (then winner would be announced on December 19)

So in total, November 28-December 19
That sounds cool - my only hesitation would be that there are already a few active competitions going on right now during your time-period, and you may not be able to get the turnout you'd be looking for with the projects.

My suggestion if you're interested, would be to do @kmbmw777 's Year End competition as a contestant in the month of December to get some game experience
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ners-game-an-imagineering-competition.921721/

Then maybe in Jan or February try out your competition - I think you'd get more people joining after the holidays are over.

Daveeeeed

That sounds cool - my only hesitation would be that there are already a few active competitions going on right now during your time-period, and you may not be able to get the turnout you'd be looking for with the projects.

My suggestion if you're interested, would be to do @kmbmw777 's Year End competition as a contestant in the month of December to get some game experience
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ners-game-an-imagineering-competition.921721/

Then maybe in Jan or February try out your competition - I think you'd get more people joining after the holidays are over.
I agree, and with that you'd be able to further develop your current proposal which would allow it to be epic!:D

Disneylover152

Original Poster
I agree, and with that you'd be able to further develop your current proposal which would allow it to be epic!:D
Also if you haven't you probably want to introduce yourself to this forum:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-imagineer-introduction-thread.913442/page-13

And again, you probably want to to join a competition first to get a better feel of the dynamics that go on in a comp.

Thanks, I'll post here in probably January!

spacemt354

Chili's
Though also with this -- I know @DlpPhantom wants to do the Dreamfinder's Revenge Competition in January, I believe SYWTBAI Season 14 is going to happen in January too, and maybe another One Sentence Comp Episode

So it's busy :eek: ...but even so there will be more opportunity than now, believe me. Worst comes to worst -- it can be an open brainstorming thread with no due dates - like the League of Dreamers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom