Possible Frontierland expansion

Disneyhead'71

So if the progression from Liberty Square through Frontierland is a westward progression through time. I could easily see how Radiator Springs could be shoe horned into the plot past BTMRR.

Liberty Square-1776/Philly
Frontierland-1850s
Splash-1890s
BTMRR- 1920s
Rt. 66- 1950s

But I'm putting my money on San Fransokyo that's west of and later than Utah mining train.

Sage of Time

Bairstow

So if the progression from Liberty Square through Frontierland is a westward progression through time. I could easily see how Radiator Springs could be shoe horned into the plot past BTMRR.

Liberty Square-1776/Philly
Frontierland-1850s
Splash-1890s
BTMRR- 1920s
Rt. 66- 1950s

But I'm putting my money on San Fransokyo that's west of and later than Utah mining train.

They could always take a modern day, national parks-type approach to the idea of "frontier".
Dollywood and California Adventure have gotten a lot of great traction out of this approach.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
That would be really, really, REALLY nice. Move it to CCore or WoL. WoL already has the dome ready to go, just like the NYWF 1964 building!

Twitter talks about this all the time. A website named DisneyHipsters (lol) says it's happening. (lol again)
In my link, you should see how overblown I make it. It gets added to a whole '64 worlds fair pavilion/festival space...

Disneyhead'71

Do what now?
When this Frontierland rumor popped back up, my first thought was a possible clone of Roaring Rapids from Shanghai complete with the ropes course. It reminds me a lot of Grizzly River Rapids/Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. I think even though the raft ride has been shot down, I think it will have the look and feel of Roaring Rapids area.

Bairstow

When this Frontierland rumor popped back up, my first thought was a possible clone of Roaring Rapids from Shanghai complete with the ropes course. It reminds me a lot of Grizzly River Rapids/Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. I think even though the raft ride has been shot down, I think it will have the look and feel of Roaring Rapids area.

Oh.
Yeah, that was probably my favorite area of California Adventure.

I'm really not that married to the idea of keeping the current Tom Sawyer Island. I realize that people are nostalgic for the place, but there have been so many interesting and new ideas to come about in the field of children's play areas since it was built. If you look at places like the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and Universal's Camp Jurassic, you can see that there's a lot of potential for places like Tom Sawyer to be greatly enhanced without necessarily losing all of its charm, and that's even without adding something as fancy as a Sky Trail.

Integration with a big E-ticket water or other outdoor attraction for kinetics and unified themeing is really the best possibility, though.

ToTBellHop

Except that they aren't building a raft ride.

P.S. I had the same thought. But it isn't what is being built.

FigmentJedi

As far as Frontierland's geographic and time progression goes and considering the revival of DuckTales, what about a Scrooge McDuck in the Klondike attraction? Yeah, technically it's more on the Canada side of things then the Alaska side, but still could be fun.

Of course, I'm kinda saying this because I really want a Life and Times of Scrooge movie with that concept album as a basis for the music

Young Scrooge's adventures (which are kinda glossed over in favor of a Scrooge/Goldie focus of that slideshow video on top) or the whole "Race to find Scrooge's old sled in the comics present day" plot of the Last Sled to Dawson comic could be great.

Last edited:

Mawg

Oh.
Yeah, that was probably my favorite area of California Adventure.

I'm really not that married to the idea of keeping the current Tom Sawyer Island. I realize that people are nostalgic for the place, but there have been so many interesting and new ideas to come about in the field of children's play areas since it was built. If you look at places like the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and Universal's Camp Jurassic, you can see that there's a lot of potential for places like Tom Sawyer to be greatly enhanced without necessarily losing all of its charm, and that's even without adding something as fancy as a Sky Trail.

Integration with a big E-ticket water or other outdoor attraction for kinetics and unified themeing is really the best possibility, though.
I'm thinking smaller, a little area added with a C ticket attraction. The attraction will use the same ride mechanics as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at DCA. It will be rethemed with Woody and have horses carrying little carts being bumped around the wild west. Nothing big, just a ride for the smaller kids. Oh and throw in a bathroom.

Mawg

Not a raft ride...

Boat ride?
Dark ride?
Omnimover?
Or roller coaster?

As much as we all want E tickets added, I don't think one will be added in the foreseeable future. This Park does not need new E tickets that draw more crowds away from the other 3 parks. The other 3 parks need the e tickets. The MK has a problem with crowds and I think we'll continue to see expansions that deal with crowds for the foreseeable future. I'm thinking an expansion that draws people away from the hub with a C ticket kiddy ride, a restaurant (maybe like DL's BBQ), a Woody meet and greet and bathrooms is more realistic thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom