Possible Frontierland expansion

jt04

They essentially need to build up Epcot/HS/AK to be at MK's level in the public's eye while also adding people-eaters to MK to help deal with the crowding there. I'd imagine a 'balanced' park system, where all four are equally popular, would solve a lot of problems if done well.

Board likely won't approve that much investment in such a short period. Plus imagine the technology and dollars available for the MK 5 years from now.

Will be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.

SteamboatJoe

I thought it was gross and phoned in last time I went. It was a QSR then. Then it turned into table service. Is it still?

Table service family style serving of salad, corn, macaroni, and a BBQ platter of chicken, beef, and pork. Sounds good but it is mostly underwhelming. Phoned in is a good way to describe it. You can definitely tell it is mass produced for the family style serving. The bbq was particularly disappointing. Poor seasoning and no sauce. Flametree BBQ at MK, while not a slam dunk itself, is much better BBQ IMHO. It also has no dedicated bathroom. You have to go out a side door and use the one between Adventureland and Frontierland by the FP kiosks and then come back in. It's a shame because I really like the old Victorian west themeing, even without the live show.

EricsBiscuit

Diamond Horseshoe has all you can eat family style Mac N cheese, roast beef, turkey, etc and salad and brownies that are to die for. It's like Liberty Tree Tavern. The only problem with the restraunt is that the restrooms are the ones between FL and AL so you have to leave the restraunt to go which is akward. Also it's technically in Libery Square. The food is amazing. It is not QS it is table service. Go to the restraunt before you judge it. IMO, from someone who visits that park 1-2 times a month since forever, it is better than SC (where the food is too radical), BOG and all the others. Keep in mind food is a subject that is too each is own.

RSoxNo1

Or you can a roster of C and D fillers around a few good, high capacity attractions. When did WDI last build something that can handle 3000 guests an hour?

Of course there's also the Pressler Fastpass rule one argument but that's not going away.
I'm guessing Kilimanjaro Safaris was the last that can approach 3000 guests an hour. What's the Pressler rule?

Slowjack

Board likely won't approve that much investment in such a short period. Plus imagine the technology and dollars available for the MK 5 years from now.

Will be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.
You know how I enjoy your optimism, JT, but of course, while the technology available to attraction designers five years from now will presumably be a little more advanced than it is now, that will presumably also be true five years after that, and so on. They could build more stuff now, and also later.

For that matter, I'm pretty sure that, if they were given leave to try, Disney could build attractions that would absolutely floor me using just the technology available twenty-five years ago.

All that aside, I am curious whether Disney is implementing a grand WDW strategy, and if so, exactly what it is. With the recently opened stuff in AK, the dig site that is the Studios, and the rumors of upgrades to Epcot, along with the new Skyway (my preferred name until anything becomes official!), it does feel like they have a specific goal and philosophy in mind, but they haven't really articulated it as such, only as individual projects.

jt04

You know how I enjoy your optimism, JT, but of course, while the technology available to attraction designers five years from now will presumably be a little more advanced than it is now, that will presumably also be true five years after that, and so on. They could build more stuff now, and also later.

For that matter, I'm pretty sure that, if they were given leave to try, Disney could build attractions that would absolutely floor me using just the technology available twenty-five years ago.

All that aside, I am curious whether Disney is implementing a grand WDW strategy, and if so, exactly what it is. With the recently opened stuff in AK, the dig site that is the Studios, and the rumors of upgrades to Epcot, along with the new Skyway (my preferred name until anything becomes official!), it does feel like they have a specific goal and philosophy in mind, but they haven't really articulated it as such, only as individual projects.

There most certainly seems to be a destination but how they get there changes with technology and how successful their films are. My optimism the last 10 years was not without a foundation. I expect a book or three will be written about this era. IMO.

Timothy_Q

Yeah, you'd think they'd learn. Same thing with those rose cups for the past few months until they finally caught up to it.You'd think Chapek would be all over that.

The whole "something new is sold out and hard to find!" Is part of what creates the buzz and get people more excited to buy it

drizgirl

The whole "something new is sold out and hard to find!" Is part of what creates the buzz and get people more excited to buy it
Sure, but did anyone here doubt the banshees would be this popular?

Or are you saying they plan short supply to begin with to build the hype? I'm pretty cynical, but even I don't believe that.

bhg469

As soon as they finally saturate the market with those Banshee puppets and people stop hawking them on EBAY, the crowds will die down and people will be able to get into the store.
Who are we kidding. In a year they will be able to buy whatever they want. Once star wars opens, they can probably have a broadway musical in there.

Timothy_Q

Sure, but did anyone here doubt the banshees would be this popular?

Or are you saying they plan short supply to begin with to build the hype? I'm pretty cynical, but even I don't believe that.

I'm just saying, there's nothing for them to "learn" like you stated before. If anything, they WANT things to get sold out. It's the sign of a hit

roj2323

Real estate from paths leading to new attractions is really the only answer. Utilize the blessing of size...

View attachment 211533

View attachment 211535

A city can build up, MK cannot. It needs some sprawl.

This is surprisingly well thought out. With some tweaks to account for back stage areas (trash compactors and such) I think at least some parts of this would be entirely workable. Granted none of this is likely to ever happen in the near future but it's kind of exciting to consider what the park might look like 20 years from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom