Possible closure for King Kong

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
According To Screamscape.com King Kong may be taking riders for the last time on Oct 4th. But its just a rumor. I hoping they dont close this attraction. I dont see why they would though.

markymark

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
According To Screamscape.com King Kong may be taking riders for the last time on Oct 4th. But its just a rumor. I hoping they dont close this attraction. I dont see why they would though.

Probably to claen it up. Have you seen the state of the walls in there when you are queueing up!

;)

woofboy111

I asked about those walls once and I found out that anything spray painted was put there by Univeral. Everything else was done by guests, but since Universal started it, they have no intention of cleaning them up. From the employee that I asked, they told me that this garfitti is what people come back for on the ride.

I'd be pretty angry if they did close up Kong. After MIB, that's my favorite ride!:mad:

Beauty and the

I would be really disappointed if they closed King Kong its one of my favourite rides in Orlando, I have always thought that the universal cast members on this ride where as enthusiast as Disney Cast members and that adds to the atmosphere and fun. This time however the tram operator seemed bored and disinterested maybe they have been told the ride is to close.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Beauty and the
This time however the tram operator seemed bored and disinterested maybe they have been told the ride is to close.

I tend to go to Universal a lot with my annual pass, and I've found that most CM's do a good job on King Kong, except for this old guy. Whenever I've gotten him, he always seems like he got turned town to a higher job in the company and he really doens't want to be there. Maybe it's the same guy!

JBloom1029

Probably to claen it up. Have you seen the state of the walls in there when you are queueing up!

Well that adds to the experience, the walls are supposed to be like that, its not like that is something they are trying to clean up.

DanStat

No!

NO! Don't close Kong!

And in response to the grafitti...when I went on the VIP Tour, they said they LOVE for guests to do that...it adds to the New York feel of things.

neilybealy

Have you been to either of the parks yet neily?

Nope Jay - the last time I went to Orlando was back in April 1990 - we left the day before Universal Studios opened - we were extremely gutted as you can imagine :(

Neil

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by neilybealy

Nope Jay - the last time I went to Orlando was back in April 1990 - we left the day before Universal Studios opened - we were extremely gutted as you can imagine :(

Neil

You are missing alot of new things in orlando. :( So whens your next trip over here?

neilybealy

You are missing alot of new things in orlando. :( So whens your next trip over here?

Blimey yeah there's loads we've not seen.

Our next trip is in September 2002 :(

exactly a year to go

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

Blimey yeah there's loads we've not seen.

Our next trip is in September 2002 :(

exactly a year to go

So whats your hotel arrangements and how long u stayingat Universal and disney and others?

neilybealy

So whats your hotel arrangements and how long u stayingat Universal and disney and others?

well, we're staying offsite in a 6 bed villa which is only 3 miles from disney just off the 192 - I'm told that it's one of the nearest locations to disney and looking at the disney property map we're not that far from the all star movies/sports/music resorts

we're in orlando for 14 nights but we haven't decided how long we'll be in disney/universal etc for yet.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

well, we're staying offsite in a 6 bed villa which is only 3 miles from disney just off the 192 - I'm told that it's one of the nearest locations to disney and looking at the disney property map we're not that far from the all star movies/sports/music resorts

we're in orlando for 14 nights but we haven't decided how long we'll be in disney/universal etc for yet.

Well maybe I can help you out there. How many are going? How old?

neilybealy

Well maybe I can help you out there. How many are going? How old?

10 adults: ages from 25 to 68
1 six month old baby

not all the adults will be going on all the rides either so the baby will be well looked after!!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

10 adults: ages from 25 to 68
1 six month old baby

not all the adults will be going on all the rides either so the baby will be well looked after!!

Ok well I would do 2 to 3 at The 2 Universal parks. 1 day at Seaworld. then 10 or 11 at Disney

neilybealy

Ok well I would do 2 to 3 at The 2 Universal parks. 1 day at Seaworld. then 10 or 11 at Disney

LOL

we will probably do 2 or 3 at universal and 1 at seaworld but i doubt we'll then spend all the remaining days at disney as we're gonna have an odd day or two relaxing - mind you one day could be at a water park (blizzard beach/typhoon lagoon).

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

LOL

we will probably do 2 or 3 at universal and 1 at seaworld but i doubt we'll then spend all the remaining days at disney as we're gonna have an odd day or two relaxing - mind you one day could be at a water park (blizzard beach/typhoon lagoon).

You havent ben in 11 years. Rest would be the last thing I need. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom