News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

RSoxNo1

Not confirmed yet by a reliable insider.
FWIW, I've put Jim's info on my rumor tracker for this, but still labeling it as Blue Sky because he's the only one saying Mary Poppins right now. Based on what @marni1974 indicated there are a few options here, Jim seems to think that Mary Poppins has won out, contingent on Mary Poppins Returns. FWIW, Jim mentioned Tron back in March contingent on Tron 3's success.

It definitely seems like Chapek's approach is tie everything to an existing or upcoming IP.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Jim seems to think that Mary Poppins has won out, contingent on Mary Poppins Returns. FWIW, Jim mentioned Tron back in March contingent on Tron 3's success.

And that in a nutshell is what's wrong with Jim. He does get good inside information, but then mixes it up with suppositions and surmising about what Disney would do and what would happen if X also happens. He has real info, but then he tries to outguess what Disney would do and presents those guesses as what's likely to happen. (And there's also that his sources don't seem to get back to him when something they told him is now off the table.)

I'll put Jim's blue sky surmising in and label it as such (as I did with Volcano Mountain ride), but I generally don't include his rumors unless someone posts it here since I don't follow his podcasts.

Haymarket2008

Logistically, Mary Poppins makes the most sense. What with the new film coming out that is sure to be a success. But I would love to be surprised with something even better.

jt04

FWIW, I've put Jim's info on my rumor tracker for this, but still labeling it as Blue Sky because he's the only one saying Mary Poppins right now. Based on what @marni1974 indicated there are a few options here, Jim seems to think that Mary Poppins has won out, contingent on Mary Poppins Returns. FWIW, Jim mentioned Tron back in March contingent on Tron 3's success.

It definitely seems like Chapek's approach is tie everything to an existing or upcoming IP.

Pretty sure Chapek is following orders concerning IP inclusion. Or they just figured out the board won't approve projects otherwise.

Haymarket2008

Sure, it makes more sense than Philharmagic. But, Peter Pan is the defining ride of Fantasyland. Tangled will never be a good enough classic to overtake Pan.

Rip out that Princess Meet & Greet and put Tangled there. Never understood why they didn't put Frozen in that space. They could have done so much more there than in Norway. So frustrating.

Bocabear

Pan is a classic but may not be of the quality future guests expect. That is why I think a new and improved version is warranted. Twin loading platforms would also be a game changer. IMO.
I agree 1000%...Actually it would make more sense to move Small World over to EPCOT o World Showcase, (which will never happen) and then in the gigantic show building, build a newly expanded, double tracked and reimagined Peter Pan ride... Tangled could move into the vacnt Peter Pan building...

Brer Oswald

Pan is a classic but may not be of the quality future guests expect. That is why I think a new and improved version is warranted. Twin loading platforms would also be a game changer. IMO.
Oh I completely agree. Pooh, Pan, and Small World need extensive overhauls to increase their quality. Boot out Philharmagic, expand the ride and tracks, improve the special effects, and use the animatronic technology from SDMT and FEA.

Brer Oswald

What I don't understand is why does everyone think Tangled is more deserving of a ride than something like Pinocchio. If you move Small world, it'd be more fitting to put Pinocchio in its vacant space. With Rapunzel's German heritage, put Tangled in Germany. But with that mentality, you could put Pinocchio in Italy. Actually that's perfect! Do those two attractions, keep the Small World ride below MK surface, build the proper facade and push it back. You would go up a level to reach the facade, going inside it would loop back around and descend into the small world loading zone. There, everyone wins! :)

Daveeeeed

To me, most of WDW's C-tickets are not classics like Disneyland. I don't want them to get rid of them, but since they got rid of Mr. Toad & Snow White (two rides which feel 'classic') Fantasyland lost the charm Disneyland has.

I don't want them to not use Peter Pan, but a brand new Peter Pan, perhaps superior to Shanghai, would be awesome. Carousel of Progress? Since it is not the original (Disneyland or the World's Fair), I want to see it overhauled using the same family, but with changed dialogue. Not washed down, but just better.

To me, classics are the E-tickets at WDW like Splash Mountain, The Great Movie Ride, and The Tower of Terror. Of course, Horizons was, and it is silly that they got rid of it instead of simply updating it in the same way they are making a mistake with The Great Movie Ride. Update them whenever needed, but don't get rid of it. Obviously, Splash Mountain has remained more timeless and has needed fewer updates than GMR, but it is an epic ride.
PeopleMover & Carousel of Progress IMO are not C-tickets, so they should continue to be updated and not replaced. Obviously, Pooh does not need to be replaced by a trackless ride to make it a good ride as its wait times are decent for the ride, as with Peter Pan, but based on the ridiculous wait times and demand for PPF, they seriously should consider making a new build and with replacing it with another dark ride like Tangled.
They obviously shouldn't replace an E-ticket just to build another one, but C-tickets like Pan are more disposable in a way and can be severely upgraded. That doesn't need to happen to Pooh, but it should seriously happen to Pan at this point.

Not really a point in replacing IASW as the capacity is so large, but moving it somewhere else in Fantasyland would work too. I want to clarify that I don't want them to destroy every ride, I just think that the extremely popular C-tickets in the park should potentially get new superior rides (with a modern C-ticket replacement of course), and the super outdated but still awesome rides like CoP & The PeopleMover should get overhauls/updates.

Now, if MK still had Toad and Snow White, or like Paris Snow White & Pinocchio, they shouldn't replace them, but instead, update them. They are nice compliments, but at the Magic Kingdom, a ride that routinely hits 70-90 minute waits is not a compliment attraction like C-tickets are supposed to be IMO. I don't want Pan to move to the UK though, especially not if it is just going to be another C-ticket.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom