News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

larandtra

A small flat ride, not being "promoted" too heavily, with or without an IP tie in, could do pretty well over in that back area, as long as it does fit the country feel it is supposed to have. Something to occupy the kids. It would take away one of my favorite quiet areas at WS, but, there are others and this would be much needed with the addition of Rat in France.

Disneymadhouse

Could there / would there be room for a boat ride similar to the storybook ride at DL ( is it still there?) You could travel through the classic scenes of literature of the UK? I know it would have to be indoors due to the climate of WDW.

Claire :)

aladdin2007

Could there / would there be room for a boat ride similar to the storybook ride at DL ( is it still there?) You could travel through the classic scenes of literature of the UK? I know it would have to be indoors due to the climate of WDW.

storybook land canal boats is still at Disneyland, as much as I would love to see something like that here, will probably never happen.

SpaceMountain77

I know its been mentioned but I honestly could see them doing a Mary Poppins "carousel" where there is no roof and the horses appear to be roaming free through the English countryside. Flat, relatively quick to install, culturally appropriate, and would not seem terribly out of place. The only downside, and a big one at that, would be capacity.

maryPoppinsCarouselHorses.jpg

When speculation began to indicate that this would be an A or B ticket, I, too, assumed that it would be Mary Poppin's Jolly Holiday Carousel. It would be fitting of the setting and footprint.

jpinkc

Ok this might sound radical but how about a Monty Python tribute :) My 13yr old daughter is in love with them now. I felt bad when we watched the The Mostly live show and had to explain to her about Graham Chapman. Surely the boys would take the money :D

Robbiem

I would love be to see something like this done in the style of sinbad in Tokyo disneysea with little animatronics

NiarrNDisney

A non-traditional Mary Poppins carousel would be pretty amazing. I love the idea of no roof, and having the horses appear to be roaming the countryside. I think it would really work in the hidden part of the UK pavilion.

I love both of these ideas!
Honestly they could use the land and/or even the building from Millennium Village since they have so many other options to use for festivals and special events, I mean they do have empty attractions and show buildings littering Epcot.

Princess Leia

I love both of these ideas!
Honestly they could use the land and/or even the building from Millennium Village since they have so many other options to use for festivals and special events, I mean they do have empty attractions and show buildings littering Epcot.
I think @marni1971 said the Village is staying for the foreseeable future

Kman101

A "little" attraction like a Carousel is exactly the kind of things they need to start adding. The park needs to be built out. So this is encouraging to hear. It's what they seem to be missing the boat on with the DHS makeover. DHS needs far more than it's getting. Sounds like Epcot will get more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom