Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

The Empress Lilly

It's still a quarter of a day, and I'm spending times queueing 55 minutes for Crush's Coaster. Yeah I'll agree with you MGM seemed to be pretty cool, but with a different purpose. When they opened Sunset the park got even better. Different scenario than WDS I know, but at least they have improved everything rather than negate.
I agree with you that WDSP and DHS are night and day. WDSP is the worst Disney park in the world, whereas, to me, DHS was actually the WDW park I enjoyed the most last trip, astonishingly. A gem.

But the one big redeeming factor of WDSP is that it has a ride line-up not incomparable to 3 out of 4 WDW parks. ToT, Crush, Rat, RnRC, Cinemagique, Animagique/Mickey and the Magician. These are each terrific. Then there's Backlot Tour (the cliff notes version of the erstwhile DHS version), Animation tour, Armageddon, Turtle Talk with Stitch. Plus LMA, the Aladdin spinner, Playhouse Disney, Midget Cars Land, although I don't care for these, and that junkyard with 3 carnival rides witb the large Buzz statue.

That's at least ten attractions I'd love to do right now. Plus all the current Star Wars shows and fireworks. One would be hard pressed to name ten good attractions in current DAK, DHS or EPCOT. Surely it warrants more than a quarter of a day?

Also, WDSP may be ugly, but it is not ruined by upcharge events, closures, out of control prices, Photopass every twenty feet, MM+, overcrowdI ng, roped off private areas, booze festivals and everything else that makes WDW such a stressed and sorry experience.

Cesar R M

I know, but there were only 12 things listed. That's 75% of the wishlist possibly being fulfilled, which is kind of incredible if you look at the past several years of Epcot's history.

Also, I definitely thought that Circle of Life closed, whoops.
wait a sec, did marni and other insides finally confirmed GOTG to energy?
what about the land?

Cesar R M

Epcot still has a rather large budget allocated. DLP isn't in as a desperate shape as what you've read online. Disneyland parc is just coming out of a multi year virtual rebuild. 3 of the hotels have been refurbished inside and out with a forth due to start. Eisners folly (WDSP) still needs work but is in far better shape than it was. Iger is after complete control and ownership of DLP.
Why I have a feeling that his first change once he takes control of DLP.. is start doing upcharge events.. and removing quality on napkins and bottles.

P_Radden

At this point the biggest question for me is what will happen to all the space in both Innoventions East and West? Really that is a lot of space they could put in a new revolving "expo" area, new restaurants, even a dark ride or two. I just hope they at least remove the window films and reopen some of the closed off entrances to the buildings. Bring the buildings back to life in glorious EPCOT fashion. Epcot needs it's hub/main street, whatever you want to call it, to be awe-inspiring again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
At this point the biggest question for me is what will happen to all the space in both Innoventions East and West? Really that is a lot of space they could put in a new revolving "expo" area, new restaurants, even a dark ride or two. I just hope they at least remove the window films and reopen some of the closed off entrances to the buildings. Bring the buildings back to life in glorious EPCOT fashion. Epcot needs it's hub/main street, whatever you want to call it, to be awe-inspiring again.
No rides sadly. But there are plans.

I expect the buildings to a certain degree - all being well - be the wonderful, open and light spaces they used to be.

Might even get another extension too...

HauntedMansionFLA

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Epcot projects announced at D23. They've already announced that there will be a big project.
Is the big project the GotG project? It's hard to keep up with everything :) I hope there are high, Disney quality projects coming to EPCOT. The structures are there. It just needs the proper budget and vision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom