Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Haymarket2008

Rat just fits the France pavilion at Epcot so well, it really deserves to be there. Imagine how confusing it would be for a first time tourist coming to Magic Kingdom and expecting to ride the new BatB ride only to find out they went to the wrong park and have to buy tickets for that one, even though all the other BatB stuff is in MK.

Agreed. That is just blatant thematic inconsistency. That's like putting a Muppets ride somewhere other than Muppet Courtyard. Confusing and lazy.

wdwfan4ver

Film grosses aside, BatB in the France pavilion, where there is a mini land dedicated to the film in the MK, is unacceptable.
True, but the problem is Disney did screw up with MK's mini land of Beauty and the Beast unlike what Tokyo is planning. New Fantasy land did had some missteps like turning Snow White's Scary Adventures into a Princess Meet and Greet area despite the fact MK actually need more rides. When Disneyland has more rides than MK despite the size different between the 2 parks, there needs to be a way to fix that. Beauty and Beast Mini Land for MK was another of those missteps.

What happened to MK's Mini land of Beauty and the Beast isn't as much with TDO, but a lot with Burbank. New Fantasyland was Jay Rasulo's baby for MK before a few changes Staggs made to it after he became the Chairman of the parks. Staggs lefts Rasulo's Beauty and the Beast Mini land alone alone with the Mermaid ride, and the duel dumbos. TDO really didn't have a say in New Fantasy Land at all.

MK's Beauty and the Beast mini land has Gaston's Tavern, Be Our Guest Restaurant, shop, and Enchanted tales with Belle. The problem with that is MK doesn't need having a total 2 eating places and doesn't really need Enchanted tales with Belle. They screwed up by not having a ride. Enchanted Tales with Belle is a very low Capacity attraction and MK doesn't need a very low Capacity attraction like that in a park that needs more capacity.

What Makes Tokyo's plan of a Beauty and the Beast area better is having a ride, 1 eating place and shop. I think Guests rather have a ride instead of Enchanted Tales with Belle and having 2 new Eating places when 1 would be good enough.

The problem with 2 eating places is Disney has eating places that aren't being aren't used all year round. The only food place The Mini land needed was Be Our Guest since MK doesn't have a lot of Table Service Restaurants.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

True, but the problem is Disney did screw up with MK's mini land of Beauty and the Beast unlike what Tokyo is planning. New Fantasy land did had some missteps like turning Snow White's Scary Adventures into a Princess Meet and Greet area despite the fact MK actually need more rides. Beauty and Beast Mini Land for MK was another of those missteps.

What happened to MK's Mini land of Beauty and the Beast isn't as much with TDO, but a lot with Burbank. New Fantasyland was Jay Rasulo's baby for MK before a few changes Staggs made to it after he became the Chairman of the parks. Staggs lefts Rasulo's Beauty and the Beast Min land alone alone with the Mermaid raid, and the duel dumbos. TDO really didn't have a say in New Fantasy Land at all.

MK's Beauty and the Beast mini land has Gaston's Tavern, Be Our Guest Restaurant, shop, and Enchanted tales with Belle. The problem with that is MK doesn't need having a total 2 eating places and doesn't really need Enchanted tales with Belle. They screwed up by not having a ride. Enchanted Tales with Belle is a very low Capacity attraction and MK doesn't need a very low Capacity attraction like that in a park that needs more capacity.

What Makes Tokyo's plan of a Beauty and the Beast area better is having a ride, 1 eating place and shop. I think Guests rather have a ride instead of Enchanted Tales with Belle and having 2 new Eating places when 1 would be good enough.

The problem with 2 eating places is Disney has eating places that aren't being aren't used all year round. The only food place The Mini land needed was Be Our Guest since MK doesn't have a lot of Table Service Restaurants.
It actually did need Gaston's as well... it just needed a ride too.

Perhaps the bigger two missteps were not allowing easier access to an expansion pad, and also Mermaid being a C-ticket.

aladdin2007

Im not sure I would want them to do the beautybeast ride here, anywhere on property, because if they did they would probably butcher it so much in budget cuts to a "good enough" level that it wouldn't be anything nearly as ornate as Tokyo is getting. We always get the diluted version of things, it seems.

Haymarket2008

True, but the problem is Disney did screw up with MK's mini land of Beauty and the Beast unlike what Tokyo is planning. New Fantasy land did had some missteps like turning Snow White's Scary Adventures into a Princess Meet and Greet area despite the fact MK actually need more rides. When Disneyland has more rides than MK despite the size different between the 2 parks, there needs to be a way to fix that. Beauty and Beast Mini Land for MK was another of those missteps.

What happened to MK's Mini land of Beauty and the Beast isn't as much with TDO, but a lot with Burbank. New Fantasyland was Jay Rasulo's baby for MK before a few changes Staggs made to it after he became the Chairman of the parks. Staggs lefts Rasulo's Beauty and the Beast Min land alone alone with the Mermaid raid, and the duel dumbos. TDO really didn't have a say in New Fantasy Land at all.

Absolutely, it is a victim of poor planning. But, according to people in the know, there is room to possibly accommodate the attraction. Should they want to shell out the money for a reconfiguration of the land. I just would hate for it to be in Epcot.

Magic Feather

@Magic Feather Could this happen sooner in MK with the movie doing so well? And we would still have Rat in WS, Beast and Bell in NFL (btw would they take the little mermaid away?) And why have we not had a map yet showing us expansion options in the MK @P_Radden ;)
There are not short term expansion options in that area. Expect something to happen in Frontierland and Tommorowland before they even think of touching that space.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
There are not short term expansion options in that area. Expect something to happen in Frontierland and Tommorowland before they even think of touching that space.
Wow, I don't think I've even heard of any Frontier land projects. They wouldn't think of doing to BATB what they did to Frozen?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
In all seriousness, Enchanted Tales with Belle could and should be the kickoff facade for the Belle LPS attraction in MK. I suspect this would come at the cost of Pinocchio's Village Haus and/or re-working the service road.
I was just looking at a map and thinking the same thing

HMF

Yeah, I was saying keeping Enchanted Tales with Belle and not building a ride was a mistake since Staggs changed the plans in 2010. In the grand scheme of things the so-called New Fantasyland was a failure in my book and what Tokyo is doing only drives home that point more.

doctornick

Original Poster
In all seriousness, Enchanted Tales with Belle could and should be the kickoff facade for the Belle LPS attraction in MK. I suspect this would come at the cost of Pinocchio's Village Haus and/or re-working the service road.

Seems like that would be tough with that huge service road entrance to the utilidors. And I think BoG effectively blocks ETWB from accessing the north side of the access road and there's no way that BoG is being touched.

I think using Gaston's and restrooms as a ride queue and then using the ride vehicles to travel over the access road (indoors) is the most feasible option which can use a ton of space to the north for the show building. They can even use the existing village gift shop as the post-ride merch location. It would be unfortunate to lose Gaston's but I think losing a food location for a ride is a win and I wouldn't be surprised if the merch sales increase could justify it by bringing more guests through that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom