Possibility of Hatbox Ghost coming back to Haunted Mansion?

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I read somewhere that there was a possibility of him coming back. I think it would be cool for them to put HBG back on the ride for some of us who never had to chance to see him.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I know, but it would be nice even if they brought him back to just one of the parks, considering the fact that his debut was so short lived.

Zweiland

I know, but it would be nice even if they brought him back to just one of the parks, considering the fact that his debut was so short lived.
It would be nice. The rumor was that they were going to bring him back in the form of a fluid animatronic like the one that they tested at the D23 expo.

Sadly the possibility that we will see him in his original form is almost zero.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, apparently the HBG was to close to the track so when the Doom Buggies came by you could see the head in the box.
And the Omnimover speed was too high to see the effect complete.

Good idea, bad execution. Like the Horizons morphing solosub.

Last edited:

elchippo

They could absolutely do it now, but with the new attic bride story, would he make sense being there, or would they put him somewhere else? Maybe in the graveyard, near the groundskeeper and dog?

seahawk7

I think he would have to be in the graveyard scene to make sense. Don't old posters show him with the Hitchhiking Ghosts? Or is he part of the Hitchhiking Ghosts? I can never remember. :oops:

Zweiland

I think he would have to be in the graveyard scene to make sense. Don't old posters show him with the Hitchhiking Ghosts? Or is he part of the Hitchhiking Ghosts? I can never remember. :oops:
He is not one of the Hitchhiking Ghosts. Originally he was in the attic scene near the bride.

Mike S

As was, it didn't work.

Rumours persist of a new version planned for both DL and WDW.
Maybe they'll do it whenever they decide that new movie comes out like when they did the additions to Pirates. Or if that stays in development hell they could always just do it anyway. I wonder, could they put him throughout the ride a la the Phantom in Phantom Manor? If he's supposed to be the star of the movie maybe they would have him have a big role in the ride.

MotherOfBirds

He is supposed to feature prominently in the new Del Toro Haunted Mansion film, but Toro said in his AMA that it was still in the writing phase. I'd imagine that Hatty would appear sometime shortly before the movie is released.

MotherOfBirds

It would be nice. The rumor was that they were going to bring him back in the form of a fluid animatronic like the one that they tested at the D23 expo.

Sadly the possibility that we will see him in his original form is almost zero.

Any idea what size/scale that AA is? He reminds me of my My Size Barbie and his joints are a bit weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom