Posidions fury...now open!!!

woofboy111

Original Poster
Posidions fury is now open, and I had a chance to ride it. I have to say that it's 10 times better than the old show, as far as story goes. You start out by hearing someone yelling on the radio to get out and to help him. After that your guide runs in, and explans how he's a volenteer on an archiological dig in Posidions Temple and you signed up for a tour. From this temple, there is a link somewhere that leads to the oceans and if you listen closely, you could hear it (nobody hears it!!!). He then throughs in the fact that all of the other people on the dig have dissapered.

You enter a sacrifical chamber when the doors suddenly open by a gust of wind. From here, your guide looks around for the guy who screamed to get out, and for help. Then he tells you that the Professor...the guy who dissapered, also found a message in this room that he was going to tell you about, but since he cant find him, to bad. Suddenly, all the power goes out, and your guide trys to find a light. The only light he finds is a blacklight, and he starts shineing it around. Under the light, he finds the message and he reads it out loud. A loud thundering voice then starts yelling at him about reading a curse (some evil priest...the new bad guy) and a "secret panel" opens. The croud walks through, even though the guide is telling you not to.

The next room is a tomb, filled with skelitons and other "dead" things, except for the living vines everywhere. The evil guy starts yelling at the guide about how the only way out is to find posidions trident and to let him have it. For protection from what ever kind of monster would attack him, your guide grabs the closest weapon that he could find from a skeliton. By luck, it turns out to be Posidions trident and the lights start to flicker, the room fills with smoke, and a face appears in the wall in front of you. The face says that whoever hold posidions Trident, can be granted wishes. Your guide asks if he could get himself and everyone else out of the temple? Unfortanly, the face cant grant that wish, but gives the offer to go deeper into the temple, which may be safer, and less scary (due to all of the dead stuff in the room). The guide starts saying no way, but thats until the face tells him to shut up and listen. He does, and you hear the sound of the ocean. Your guide suddenly agrees, and the room goes dark. There are flashes of light, and lazers go beam all over the room. The wall in front of you then lights up, and the lazers focus on this. The circle pattern on the wall starts spinning, lead by the lazers, and when in finally stops it makes the face of Posidion. The ground starts to rumble and the wall moves out of the way. (you may remember this from the old show)

Behind the wall, there is a nice update to a funhouse vortex tunnel. You are surrounded by swirling water that goes 360 degrees around you. You proceed through, and there is a wall in front of you, and your guide decides to put his trident against the trident carved into the wall and it opens. A nice improvement to this section from the old ride is that instead of seeing the platform that you walk across when the doors first open, the platform is covered in water, and is making some waves. Then, it drains out and you proceed through the tunnel.

The next room is Posidions chamber. Here, you see the same stone carving that you see in the tomb, only in the background there are paintings of waves, fish, etc. The room goes dark for a second and is totally changed. There is no wall in front of you, and instead rocks with waterfalls flowing off of them and a statue of posidion. In the background, you see Atlantis. The evil priest guy comes up on the screens (where alantis is.) and starts yelling "GIVE ME THE TRIDENT" over and over again. When the guide doesn't comply, he thoughs a fire ball just missing the guide. The guide puts down the trident on the statue of Posidion and the statue dissaapears in a puff of smoke. When the smoke clears, Posidion is on the screen and this is when the battle bettween the Priest and Posidion begins. They though fireballs and waves at each other, moving from screen to screen (did i mention that these screens are 180 degrees...Half of timekeeper). There is also many water projections as well. They also jump out of the background screens (180) and onto the water screens. As you may have heard in rumors, Posidion does beat the bad guy, and atlantis explodes, and Posidion tells you to get out while you still can...He's made a passage back to your own world. In a flash of light, the wall with the paintings on it returns to place and you exit.

I hope that made sense, and if you have any questions, Just post them. I'm sure I left out some stuff (like the bad guys name), so the next time I go I'll find it out and post it.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Ok, I went saw the show again and got some of the names of the characters. The group giving you the tours of the temple is called "Global Discovery Group." The Professor who yells at you to get out is named "Professor Baxter." Your guides name is "Taylor" (and always Taylor). Also, the evil guys name is "Lord Darkanon."

JBloom1029

I also just went on the new ride and thought it was very good although i liked the old one better. It was still very good and definitley worth going to. Its just strange to see posedion as the good giy this time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I thought the new show was OK, but I didnt prefer it to the old show. It was different, but not better in my opinion. It now seems to resemble something like WWF wrestling - who is that Darkanon guy?

I always think PF is a missed opportunity. It has promise, but the storyline jsut doesnt fit the bill - they need to really sort this one out, and it could be a top attraction - but at the moment, for me it sits in the average box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom