Posiden's Fury

woofboy111

Yes, you are correct. The show was redone and given a new story last year. Now, the show isn't a battle between Zues (was the good guy) and Posidion (was the bad guy) like it was the first time. Now it's between Posidion (now the good guy) and a made up character named Darkanon (bad guy). Your guide is now a guy named Talor which works for the Global Discover Group which is run by Dr. Baxter who is lost in Posidions Temple while excavating. A message is then discovered which awakens darkonon, and you move into the second room, which is totally redone from the first show, except for the rotating wall that makes Posidions face. Instead of being the same room that you end in, it is now filled with Gold and Skeletons... The wall rotates, and you move through the water vortex tunnel, and into the final room, which is basically the same, only some of the characters switiched around.

I personally like this show better than the first one, but many people disagree with me...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The new show is better than the first in my opinion. Using the same show scenes, they have re-engineered a new storyline, with a new guide. It seems to work better, but the end scene is way too WWF for me! :)

I believe the show changed just before summer of 2001. Not 100% sure on that though.

Timekeeper

Horrible

In my opinion, the "new" show is absolutely horrible compared to the original. There are a couple reasons for this:

1) Although a possibly more "realistic" story line, with a new host, I enjoyed the enchanting theme of an old, mysterious man guiding you through - and eventually turning into Zues - saving the day. The grandour of the original theme still brings goosebumps to my epidermis.

The new host, although humorous, is rather cheesy.

2) The climactic finale, which originally caused me to wet my pants in joy, has been lost. The person(s) who created it was a genius, and I couldn't imagine how they feel about the changes. As a practitioner of the art of magic and illusion, often - less is more - and they are trying to get too much out of an what was already great effect. Now, it's lost. The apperatus happens twice, not once. ...Never repeat a trick. And, because of the first room's set changes, the finale room no longer matches the first. If you select the 4 of Hearts from a deck of cards, and the 8 of Spades appears in my shoe, is that a trick? No.

3) The special effects have been reduced. There used to be more movement between the characters, which were projected through water in more locations. Now, for the most part, the main fight sequence takes place on 1, flat screen of water. Not very exciting if you ask me. It feels like a theater, not an adventure.

4) The characters are now live-actors, which appear in extremely plastic-looking wardrobe (think of a Darth Maul costume as the type you'd purchase for your child at K-mart for Halloween.) The film footage appears as though it was shot with someoney's camcorder - with the characters against a plain black background. The ever-so-fake live actors do not compare to the animated characters in the original. Because the original used animations - anything could be done - as the impossible is possible in animation.

5) The dialog is bad. If you enjoy the dialog used in episodes of Star Trek for the 1980's, you'll also enjoy the dialog if Fury.

6) Although a technical point, some of the lighting programming lacks all types of logic. For example, strobes are set off in the beginning of the "vanishing room" scene, so that even 'if' there were some type of external lighting (such as a child's toy), the human eye would not adjust fast enough to catch the workings of the effect. However, at the end, for the "re-appearing room," these strobes are not fired - so any devices with lights would destroy the effect - revealing the workings.

The original plot was:
1) Start off in a room, learn the story via an enchanting character
2) Find yourself locked in a room
3) Travel through a tunnel of water
4) Find yourself saved by the enchanting hero - who transforms into an amazing - seemingly 3d image on bursts of water
5) Magically reappear in the original room, and leave safely

The "new" plot:
1) Start off in a room, a cheesy host with a flashlight tells the story
2) Find yourself locked in a room decorated with skeletons, ugh
3) Travel through a tunnel of water (the reason for which is not as apparent)
4) Find yourself in a room that looks a lot like the first, minus the decorations and skeletons,
5) Suddenly you're in a bigger room, you're saved by a hero, which came to live because of a triton and a statue, on a flat screen of water
6) At the end you're back in the 2nd room, the one without the skeletons (left to wonder, "why the heck does this room look rather similar to the first?")

The "magic" was truly taken away from this attraction with the new theming. Even if they "had" to re-theme it, that could have been done without completely taking away the effects which made the first so great.

:mad:

Tk

woofboy111

I remember the original version having the same Posidon, plus a Zues, both being real characters, just like in the new show. What kind of animation were they...cartoon (drawing), computer???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom