Port Orleans, so close to booking but not sure?

tglancy

I stayed at Riverside last year and liked it so much we are going back there next year, and this was after swearing up and down we would never do anything other than a deluxe. We took the horse carriage ride around both resorts, and both are amazing, so I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Fre

Hi I'm staying at POFQ tonight and wondered if anyone had trouble with mosquitos there? I'm in one of the buildings close to the river.

LeighM

I stayed at Riverside last year and liked it so much we are going back there next year, and this was after swearing up and down we would never do anything other than a deluxe. We took the horse carriage ride around both resorts, and both are amazing, so I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

We stayed at Riverside for the first time in 2012 after I did a lot of research. I almost wish I had picked another resort for that trip because my husband loves it so much, he never wants to stay at another! We're staying there for the 4th time next month. But this time I get one night at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! Riverside really does have everything we want in a resort.

MagicalMommy

Thanks, all. So helpful. I think we'll stay onsite. Which one? Riverside or Orleans? Is there a better building?

How old are your children? I visited Riverside with my five year old daughter; she loved the pool/waterslide, and we stayed in a Royal Guest Room (Standard View) so the theming really appealed to her. I loved the location we had in Oak Manor building.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I just got back from Riverside today. We were assigned building 36 in Alligator Bayou, which is waaaaaaaaay far away from the main building, but close to the North Depot bus stop. I was disappointed at first with my "garden view" (more like 1/2 garden 1/2 parking lot) but in reality, after a long day at the park, having the building be close to the bus stop was fantastic - we were the second stop when returning from the parks. It was a nice walk to the food court in the mornings when I went to get drinks. Beautiful atmosphere.

jollyholiday80

I am close to booking Port Orleans...I love the amenities, the theme, and the boat to the park. But I am still wondering whether a 2 bedroom condo with children would be easier and I wouldn't mind a balcony:). Are there condos close to the park that people like with free shuttles? Not sure the shuttles run as often....

POR! It's wonderful. It's quite refreshing and scenic. Lots of trees and quiet paths. My favorite moderate by far! Just went this past March with our 3 kids with no complaints at all. Love POR

BASS

I prefer staying on property; but I can see why with children you'd consider staying off-property. You get more room, more space for less. For example, I stayed at Bonnett Creek to go to Seaworld a couple years ago and it was gorgeous and more spacious and under $200/night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom