Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou:

dmatt87

We had booked at CBR for May, and after getting the email about the refurbishment, we switched to POR. And in the end we are extremely satisfied with our choice!

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Yes, we do like POR it's a very nice resort, we stayed there 3 years ago. We have 5 in our family and there are only a few resorts that will take families of 5 so we were limited. But like you were satisfied that Disney made things right.

Rob562

Building 14 is closest to the main area with decent view, 18 is also a good choice, it's close to the water, main building and quiet pool.

Just be aware that Buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 are all Preferred and are a separate booking category.

Building 16 is just as convenient and has Standard, Garden and Pool View categories. (Personally, I'd go Garden View in buildings 16 or 17)

-Rob

LeighM

My favorite building in AB is building 34. It's further from the main lobby and quick service but our room was 2 minutes from the West Depot, which is the first bus stop for the theme parks. It was great to sleep in a little later bc we could be at the bus stop so quickly. Since it was the first bus stop, the bus was empty when we got on in the mornings so always had a seat. It was the first drop off stop and it was easy to go by the room, get our refillable mug, and walk to the food court without having to back track. I called Disney Reservations and asked them for a room in AB close to the West Depot and got my request. I'm sure it's going to be busier when you're there because of all of the people moving their reservations so it might be harder to get your request but it never hurts to try. The views at POR has never bothered me because you don't see much from inside your room anyway. This is a good resource if you're not very familiar with the resort: http://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

Here are some views walking to our building...I'll have to post the others later because my computer is being stupid **Edited to add pictures**
20161007_131524.jpg

20161007_131552.jpg

20161007_122949.jpg

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Our very first trip we stayed at POR and we were in building 24 If you go to allears.net and look at their resort map you'll see that it is way in the back but since we were at the parks most of that trip and only made it to the pool once or twice I have to say that was the best spot. The West Bus Depot was only a few steps away and after a long day at the parks and tired kids at night it was a blessing. Our second stay at POR we were in 28. I didn't like this location. We were far from the bus, far from the pool and far from coffee. Do not recommend a building in the middle. If parks are your priority then I would stay towards the back, it is quite and relaxing back there. If pool and the restaurants are more important I would pay for a preferred. Middle building are not a smart choice imho. I'd skip 28,26,39 and 36.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
The last time we were here we were in the back looking at a parking lot didn't like that. We usually go to the restaurant in the morning so staying closer to there would be fine. We catch the bus there anyway. So really want a nice view since we paid for a water view for the CBR but got switch to POR because of the construction. Where's your favorite spot to to stay here????

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
The last time we were here we were in the back looking at a parking lot didn't like that. We usually go to the restaurant in the morning so staying closer to there would be fine. We catch the bus there anyway. So really want a nice view since we paid for a water view for the CBR but got switch to POR because of the construction. Where's your favorite spot to to stay here????

Rob562

What room category are you booked into at POR? Still Water View?

-Rob

EvilQueen-T

We've been in buildings 14 and 15 and one other at the back of the resort still in the AB section. With 14 and 15 we liked how close they were to everything but not noisy. Easy walk to the main bus stop. In the back part of the resort it was a bit of a hike to the main pool, food court etc... and at times the MK bus would be full when it got to us. The bus picked up at the main bus stop near the front entrance then looped around to the other stops. At times they would pick up POFQ before us but not always. Love the resort. I was ok with staying in the mansion section in the royal suites but we weren't using the bus then and only spent a little time in the quiet pool near our room that trip so can't really compare that fairly.

LeighM

Water/Garden We paid for a water a Caribbean Beach so hope to get that at POR

I think the buildings in AB that have a water view are mainly in 14, 18, 27 (which are all in preferred buildings and at a higher price per night) and 38 as these are the buildings closest to the river. I'm trying to remember but I don't think the view of the "river" is actually visible from inside your room. But maybe so. The room categories at POR are Standard, Garden, Pool, King, River, and Preferred (identical bookings in the royal rooms located in the Magnolia Bend section in buildings 90 and 95). I think most of the rooms at Riverside are garden view so you have a good chance of getting that. The standard rooms go quickly at POR because they're the cheapest.

Rob562

As the above poster said, there are many booking categories. There isn't such a category as Garden/Water at Riverside, so if you could double-check what your reservation details say it would be helpful in narrowing it down.

Touring Plans' room finder lists rooms in Aligator Bayou that are River *and* Preferred (some rooms in buildings 14 & 27), but also just River (a small handful of rooms in building 38).
There's also Pool View (certain rooms in 16, 17, 24, 25, 35, 36 and 39).

The good news is that in Alligator Bayou, Standard View makes up only about 12% of all the rooms. So most rooms are Garden or better. If you could double-check your new reservation details (or call and ask) to find out the specific room category, we might be able to narrow it down a bit more.

-Rob

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
As the above poster said, there are many booking categories. There isn't such a category as Garden/Water at Riverside, so if you could double-check what your reservation details say it would be helpful in narrowing it down.

Touring Plans' room finder lists rooms in Aligator Bayou that are River *and* Preferred (some rooms in buildings 14 & 27), but also just River (a small handful of rooms in building 38).
There's also Pool View (certain rooms in 16, 17, 24, 25, 35, 36 and 39).

The good news is that in Alligator Bayou, Standard View makes up only about 12% of all the rooms. So most rooms are Garden or better. If you could double-check your new reservation details (or call and ask) to find out the specific room category, we might be able to narrow it down a bit more.

-Rob
preferred garden, but hoping they give us a water view since that's what we had at CBR.

Rob562

preferred garden, but hoping they give us a water view since that's what we had at CBR.

It won't hurt to ask, but there are a grand total of 27 rooms in AB that are Preferred River View with 2 queen beds, so your chances are extremely slim.

If you stay with Preferred Garden I'd suggest Building 14 or 15.

-Rob

LeighM

One thing to keep in mind is that there is a main path between the buildings in AB and the river. Because it's a main path to rooms and the lobby/quick service, there's a greater chance of noise, especially if you're on the 1st floor (and there is no elevator in the AB buildings to get to the 2nd floor). I was given a pool view in the Magnolia Bend section once and, while it was quieter than main pool, there was still some noise that traveled to our room some days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom