Port Orleans French Quarter

cbettua

Nice!!! We arrive Sat noonish and leave the 28th - I cant wait!! None of us have ever been to POFQ so I cant wait!! I usually don't do the pools but seeing its been so hot down there, I'm all over the Dragon slide!! lol And I'll be looking for Hurricanes very soon after that... :)

When do you guys arrive?
We will arrive around 8am and leave on the 27th :)

cbettua

We've never been down in September and not to POFQ, so this should be interesting!!

I hate to say it, but I looked at the weather for next week...bring the poncho!! Lol
To be expected, coming from Miami I am used to the afternoon showers. The weather looks to be nice at night.

cbettua

Florida is strange, we get rain showers but they generally don't last long and are generally in the afternoon. So don't put too much worry into it :)

ratherbeinwdw

Just be prepared for the rain. We had years with no or little rain then, boom, we've had significant rain most trips for the last couple of years during this time of year. We also ran into unusual rain in June. It rained almost everyday most of the day for all of our trip. The Star Wars motorcade even got rained out one of our days. We put on our rainwear and had a great time anyway. If you have room, take two pairs of shoes. The worst part of the rain was the constantly wet shoes. I took shoes that the innersoles come out of so I could dry them with a hairdryer each night. Even with that and having multiple pairs of shoes with me, I still had times I had to walk around in wet shoes.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I hope the showers are quick. Another first, we planned on hitting the water parks this trip especially because its been like 90 for as long as Ive been checking... I'm just so excited to go, as long as it doesn't snow, we'll be fine!
We used to go in early May - Had to change things up because taking the kids out of school was easier in the beginning of the year instead of the end.

In 8 years going in May we saw maybe 45 minutes total of rain. We've seen at least double that much going (last week) in September for two years running now.

With that being said, it's been some relatively quick bursts of rain (as often is the case in FL) and the rest of the time a little overcast and drizzles here and there.

May is better than September but like you alluded to, it's way better than being at work.

CtDisneyGuy33

Just be prepared for the rain. We had years with no or little rain then, boom, we've had significant rain most trips for the last couple of years during this time of year. We also ran into unusual rain in June. It rained almost everyday most of the day for all of our trip. The Star Wars motorcade even got rained out one of our days. We put on our rainwear and had a great time anyway. If you have room, take two pairs of shoes. The worst part of the rain was the constantly wet shoes. I took shoes that the innersoles come out of so I could dry them with a hairdryer each night. Even with that and having multiple pairs of shoes with me, I still had times I had to walk around in wet shoes.

You know, I packed garbage bags, zip lock bags, ponchos, umbrellas, water proof sunscreen ....BUT NOT A SECOND PAIR OF SHOES!!! Thank you - I never would have brought them and I'd be cursing myself out all week.

CtDisneyGuy33

We used to go in early May - Had to change things up because taking the kids out of school was easier in the beginning of the year instead of the end.

In 8 years going in May we saw maybe 45 minutes total of rain. We've seen at least double that much going (last week) in September for two years running now.

With that being said, it's been some relatively quick bursts of rain (as often is the case in FL) and the rest of the time a little overcast and drizzles here and there.

May is better than September but like you alluded to, it's way better than being at work.

I've never done a September trip but my friends kind of planned this trip (besides the choice of hotel) so we are headed in September. I've been in January and October each of the past 4 years and it hasn't rained at all. Not once. So, this trip I hope we are all ready for the week of potential rain here and there.. I'm sure the whiners will be in full force.

As much as I do like my new office in Plainville (yeah Shookie!), WDW is tough to beat rain or shine...

ShookieJones

I've never done a September trip but my friends kind of planned this trip (besides the choice of hotel) so we are headed in September. I've been in January and October each of the past 4 years and it hasn't rained at all. Not once. So, this trip I hope we are all ready for the week of potential rain here and there.. I'm sure the whiners will be in full force.

As much as I do like my new office in Plainville (yeah Shookie!), WDW is tough to beat rain or shine...
No way dude...you are NOT in Plainville. Are you serious? Where exactly?

CtDisneyGuy33

No way dude...you are NOT in Plainville. Are you serious? Where exactly?

Yes Sir- made the move from New Britsky to Plainville roughly 3 weeks ago. I've always been a fan of Plainville (JTims and D'Amicos more so, but that's me). Our Office is on West Main.

For the life of me, I knew I saw someone say they were from Plainville and when your profile popped up, I remembered it was you.

Small world!

ShookieJones

wow...yeah born and raised in P-ville.
Funny thing is that there are two other folks here that have lived here in Plainville or have some close connection. For a town that's 3 miles long it's amazing that there have been that many connections on this site.

I actually work in Farmington right over the line on Route 6 (Scott Swamp Road) about 3 minutes from my house.

Agree with you about D'amico's over J Tims. You ever hit First and Last? A friend of ours owns it so we're there quite often.

PM Let me know if you ever wanna catch up for a beer after work. I'm always game for a quick victory beer after put in hard day a work ;)

CtDisneyGuy33

wow...yeah born and raised in P-ville.
Funny thing is that there are two other folks here that have lived here in Plainville or have some close connection. For a town that's 3 miles long it's amazing that there have been that many connections on this site.

I actually work in Farmington right over the line on Route 6 (Scott Swamp Road) about 3 minutes from my house.

Agree with you about D'amico's over J Tims. You ever hit First and Last? A friend of ours owns it so we're there quite often.

PM Let me know if you ever wanna catch up for a beer after work. I'm always game for a quick victory beer after put in hard day a work ;)

Nice. I live in Meriden, but work now in Plainville. The office is at the intersection of West Main past Tunxis CC, so I think Swamp Scott is literally down the street. That's funny!

And I do like First and Last. Its got great food and decent bar. And great desserts :)

We should definitely do beers up at F&L when I get back from WDW. The victory beers are the best tasting ones!

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I think we are really going to like this place.

I noticed a firepit of sorts in some photos. Do they light this each night, or is it automatically turned on?

MickeyMomV

This thread has reaffirmed our decision to stay here in February when we come for the princess half weekend and staying the week after. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom