Port Canaveral Car Rental

PMC0849

Original Poster
So, my wife and I are talking about taking a Disney cruise later this winter, or early spring. We were planning on renting a car and spending a couple nights at Universal, before driving to Port Canaveral. My question, are there car rental places convenient to the check-in area for the cruises? Or at least is there a shuttle that runs to and from?

travelgal79

My sister and I cruised on the Dream in September. We used Avis on the way to the cruise and Budget on the return. Both have shuttles to the cruise terminal, and allow for one way rentals. I would recommend either one of them.

durangojim

We returned a car to Budget this past Friday from WDW before going on the Dream. We got there at 12:30 and it took an hour for us to return the car and have the shuttle leave. This may have been a fluke and we were busy but we vowed never again to use a rental to get to the port. Towncar/limo or Disney transfers for us from now on.

NelleBelle

We returned our car to Budget at 10:00 in the am. OMG!! There were people EVERYWHERE! People were corralled in the parking lot in different groups. And Budget did a poor job telling you where to go. We waited in a line that was supposedly for the shuttles out to the cruise ships. Well, they didn't tell us they were taking the Disney cruise people from a line on the opposite side of the building. It wasn't until I finally overheard someone say that the line was for one of the other 3 ships that I asked for the Disney line--at that point, we were able to by-pass the line and get on a shuttle. We missed our "check-in" time (big deal--we were then able to walk on after check-in time as we also missed our boring group). But lesson learned--sometimes they can have up to 5 ships in the port, and Budget in Port Canaveral is small and DOES run out of cars. I will gladly pay for the Mears/Disney shuttle next time.

MajesticHandz

Most people talk about Avis. I can still recall the challenges we faced the last time we did Avis. But actually it wasn't 100% their fault, as me and my wife also contributed to it. But if you are not sure which car rental company to go with, I will suggest you try out choosing from this Car Rental App, that will give you the opportunity to choose different rentals. I found it very easy and convenient. I used it while i was away in Italy last year, and the procedure is just in 3 steps and your car is booked. Maybe you can as well use it to find your dream car. Or ask a trusted friend who is very well experienced in car rentals around Disney to give you tips on which to go for. All the same, you should have the fun of your life with your partner.

pug

Most people talk about Avis. I can still recall the challenges we faced the last time we did Avis. But actually it wasn't 100% their fault, as me and my wife also contributed to it. But if you are not sure which car rental company to go with, I will suggest you try out choosing from this Car Rental App, that will give you the opportunity to choose different rentals. I found it very easy and convenient. I used it while i was away in Italy last year, and the procedure is just in 3 steps and your car is booked. Maybe you can as well use it to find your dream car. Or ask a trusted friend who is very well experienced in car rentals around Disney to give you tips on which to go for. All the same, you should have the fun of your life with your partner.
Never use a app! When you get a cheap rate they give you a old cheap car. :(

wdwstateofmind

They are better then hertz, enterprise!
Why because they are cheaper? If cheaper equates to better in your book then sure, but the cars are more beat up and the customer service is dismal compared to the competitors you mentioned, and I'd rather pay $10-20 extra dollars for quality products and service...

If you want me to be specific they showed up 15 minutes after all the other rental companies and the magic express left and once we got to the location they were all smoking cigarettes and eating breakfast which we had to wait for them to finish. It was like we were bothering them showing up for business and the managers attitude relayed that as well...and the last I checked, you eat breakfast on your own time, not the customers...

pug

Why because they are cheaper? If cheaper equates to better in your book then sure, but the cars are more beat up and the customer service is dismal compared to the competitors you mentioned, and I'd rather pay $10-20 extra dollars for quality products and service...

If you want me to be specific they showed up 15 minutes after all the other rental companies and the magic express left and once we got to the location they were all smoking cigarettes and eating breakfast which we had to wait for them to finish. It was like we were bothering them showing up for business and the managers attitude relayed that as well...and the last I checked, you eat breakfast on your own time, not the customers...
No I find that the Avis/budget group has better cars then hertz and are cheaper too!

MajesticHandz

Never use a app! When you get a cheap rate they give you a old cheap car. :(
Well I have really not had that experience. Probably it will depend on the app you are using. I use this one most times. And so far the services have been ok for me. Can't really say of others. In summary, I still believe that there is not "best" when it comes to car rentals. I mean, one service can serve man A very well and man B is not satisfied with it. You see, it goes with this old saying, "one man's food is another man's poison".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom