Port arrival and boarding time changes

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I haven't heard anything else. No arrival times were enforced. If you were there at 11, you could get in. A few people were given a higher boarding number because they had a later arrival time selected, but if they asked, they were then given a lower boarding number.

It appears that all the rental car shuttles and resort shuttles were sent letters asking that they not drop off guests before 11.

The first Disney shuttles from the airport used to get there before 11, but I'm assuming they adjusted their times as well. Hopefully we can get that confirmed in the next few days.

sweetpee_1993

Ditto. I did some more looking around this morning in case more people had put their information out there but there's not much else besides what Tammy said. I imagine that's because all those people on that cruise are still cruising. :D I'll be watching to see when they come back and start posting more info and pics. :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ditto. I did some more looking around this morning in case more people had put their information out there but there's not much else besides what Tammy said. I imagine that's because all those people on that cruise are still cruising. :D I'll be watching to see when they come back and start posting more info and pics. :wave:

Yes! I'm hoping we learn more when they come back too!

Hey everyone. Back and here to give a bit better description of when I got onto the ship.

We arrived about a half hour to 40 minutes before 11, but we only live about an hour or so away so it wasn't that big of a deal. We started lining up at about 10:50 to get to the parking which is about the time they started to let cars actually park. We were parked, unloaded and in the terminal around 11:10 - 11:15, our boarding time was 11 - 11:30. We went in and to be quite honest it looked as packed as it normally did for the Magic and Wonder. We had a low boarding number (5) and were on the ship no later than 11:46. AM. So, to be brutally honest, to get from the parking line to on the ship it took about the length of an hour, which isn't too bad considering that you're actually moving pretty quickly (if your boarding number is good).

Now, on to the next! :D May 19th, 2012 here I come!

sweetpee_1993

Hey everyone. Back and here to give a bit better description of when I got onto the ship.

We arrived about a half hour to 40 minutes before 11, but we only live about an hour or so away so it wasn't that big of a deal. We started lining up at about 10:50 to get to the parking which is about the time they started to let cars actually park. We were parked, unloaded and in the terminal around 11:10 - 11:15, our boarding time was 11 - 11:30. We went in and to be quite honest it looked as packed as it normally did for the Magic and Wonder. We had a low boarding number (5) and were on the ship no later than 11:46. AM. So, to be brutally honest, to get from the parking line to on the ship it took about the length of an hour, which isn't too bad considering that you're actually moving pretty quickly (if your boarding number is good).

I cannot thank you enough for sharing! Honestly, when I first booked the Dream (will be our first ever cruise) the things I read about boarding and the congestion I saw in pics online really freaked me out. Your description sounds so much more appealing to me. I don't want to have to get to the port super early to get a low boarding #. I don't want to have to wait around for over an hour inside the terminal for boarding. What you described sounds fantastic. I think I like the new port opening time! :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

Welcome back! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I'm glad it wasn't too crazy!

I cannot thank you enough for sharing! Honestly, when I first booked the Dream (will be our first ever cruise) the things I read about boarding and the congestion I saw in pics online really freaked me out. Your description sounds so much more appealing to me. I don't want to have to get to the port super early to get a low boarding #. I don't want to have to wait around for over an hour inside the terminal for boarding. What you described sounds fantastic. I think I like the new port opening time! :wave:

The one caution I will give is if you did online check-in keep to your arrival time as best as possible. There was a couple in front of us that were in BEFORE us but their boarding number was 20-something. As we had put 11:00-11:30 we had that relatively low boarding number. BUT if you arrive just before your arrival time, get to the terminal in the middle of it I don't think you'll be waiting anymore than half an hour. You'll have a high number but you'll be in the middle of them calling those numbers and shouldn't have to wait long at all.

sweetpee_1993

The one caution I will give is if you did online check-in keep to your arrival time as best as possible. There was a couple in front of us that were in BEFORE us but their boarding number was 20-something. As we had put 11:00-11:30 we had that relatively low boarding number. BUT if you arrive just before your arrival time, get to the terminal in the middle of it I don't think you'll be waiting anymore than half an hour. You'll have a high number but you'll be in the middle of them calling those numbers and shouldn't have to wait long at all.

Very interesting! Not a problem for us since we got 11:00 - 11:30 arrival time. Thanks so very much. You've really put my mind at ease. :wave:

Madhatter06

Thanks for the info! My friends and I are departing on the Dream Friday after taking Disney Transportation from the airport. Our flight arrives at 10 but the earliest arrival time we could get was 12:30. Is it best to hang a the airport a bit so we won't be "those people" clogging the terminal, or just go and stand around? We'll gladly take the higher boarding number assigned to us, as a teacher I know cutting is frowned upon! :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! My friends and I are departing on the Dream Friday after taking Disney Transportation from the airport. Our flight arrives at 10 but the earliest arrival time we could get was 12:30. Is it best to hang a the airport a bit so we won't be "those people" clogging the terminal, or just go and stand around? We'll gladly take the higher boarding number assigned to us, as a teacher I know cutting is frowned upon! :)

Times don't matter for Disney transports so go as soon as you can! We were told you wouldn't even have to select a time, but it's a glitch, they still have you pick one.

Disney has been very clear that if you're on Disney transfers your selected arrival time doesn't matter though. It's one of the few things they've been clear on! :lol:

You will probably be given your boarding number at the airport. Let us know how it all goes! :)

mickeysshoes

Just wanted let everyone one how our boarding went. We boarded the Dream on the 25th....(yes Irene was lerking out in the ocean, but we left on time) We had a arrival time of 11:30-12...got there from the Boardwalk Inn via Quicksilver about 11:30. Termial was open with not much of line to get thru security. The line to check in seemed really long and looped the floor a couple of time but did not take very long at all. Once all checked in we were told it was open boarding and could board when we wanted. So right on board we went. Right up to deck 11 to get some lunch. We were done eating by 1pm. So all in all from arrival to finsihed with lunch tool 1.5 hours. Not sure if this was good or bad. I think at first they were passing out boarding numbers because I did hear something about it and told DH and DDs that we might not be able to board right way...but was surprised when we were told it was OPEN boarding.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Just wanted let everyone one how our boarding went. We boarded the Dream on the 25th....(yes Irene was lerking out in the ocean, but we left on time) We had a arrival time of 11:30-12...got there from the Boardwalk Inn via Quicksilver about 11:30. Termial was open with not much of line to get thru security. The line to check in seemed really long and looped the floor a couple of time but did not take very long at all. Once all checked in we were told it was open boarding and could board when we wanted. So right on board we went. Right up to deck 11 to get some lunch. We were done eating by 1pm. So all in all from arrival to finsihed with lunch tool 1.5 hours. Not sure if this was good or bad. I think at first they were passing out boarding numbers because I did hear something about it and told DH and DDs that we might not be able to board right way...but was surprised when we were told it was OPEN boarding.

Thanks for sharing! The check in line always does seem to go fast. And open boarding is awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom