Port arrival and boarding time changes

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Yes and no. The DCL transfers from the resorts tend to be between 11:30 and 12:30. You don't get to pick, they just give you the time to meet the bus.

Now the transfers from the airport are different. If you fly in the day of, you go to the check in and catch the next DCL bus you can get on.

If you fly in the day before (and say, stay at the Hyatt MCO) or early in the morning, you can decide when to go to the check in desk. If you want to sleep in, you can sleep in and go down late.

In the past, you can also get up early and they start checking people in about 8-8:30 am with the first transfers leaving around 9-9:30.

So I wonder what time the busses left there this morning!

So im staying at OKW next year! I check out on the 25th August and board the Fantasy, what time will the bus arrive??

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
[/B]

1 - Thats me for sure :lol:

3- Upgrades??? Should you ask about this upon boarding or do they just offer them???

*cough cough* me too *cough cough*

As soon as you check in you can ask. They will send you to the supervisors desk if there are any available. The supervisors desk will tell you what's available and how much!

We have friends that upgraded from a category 9 to a two bedroom suite in the terminal. I also know people that have been able to get the Roy or Walt Disney Suite that way.

sweetpee_1993

What Tammy said!

We currently have 2nd dinner seating and are waitlisted for 1st. Hubby has problems with indigestion, eating later exaggerates the problem, and he's the type that typically goes to sleep when the sun goes down and wakes when the sun comes up. I really want to get our seating assignment changed so my poor sweetness can enjoy the main dining rooms and sleep laying down at night. If he eats late he literally has to stay sitting up or he'll end up -->:hurl:. No good. I don't want him to have to choose between the dining rooms or peaceful sleep.

Oooooh...upgrades...I've heard of them...

Crush Dude!

*cough cough* me too *cough cough*

As soon as you check in you can ask. They will send you to the supervisors desk if there are any available. The supervisors desk will tell you what's available and how much!

We have friends that upgraded from a category 9 to a two bedroom suite in the terminal. I also know people that have been able to get the Roy or Walt Disney Suite that way.

Firstly im assuming upgrades on the Fantasy will be few and far between but, have you any idea of prices??
For instance how much was that upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite??

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What Tammy said!

We currently have 2nd dinner seating and are waitlisted for 1st. Hubby has problems with indigestion, eating later exaggerates the problem, and he's the type that typically goes to sleep when the sun goes down and wakes when the sun comes up. I really want to get our seating assignment changed so my poor sweetness can enjoy the main dining rooms and sleep laying down at night. If he eats late he literally has to stay sitting up or he'll end up -->:hurl:. No good. I don't want him to have to choose between the dining rooms or peaceful sleep.

Oooooh...upgrades...I've heard of them...

Yes! That's another one! If you want to change your dining time.

We've been able to do it once. Once was more than we wanted to spend. They are awesome.:)

Crush Dude!

They'll tell you at Old Key West but it should be between 11:30-12:30.

Bit off topic here, but will save making a new thread, will it be a problem to get Disney transport from OKW to The Port and then from The Port to MCO afterwards??

Something makes me think ive asked this before??

Oh and also if possible, how much per adult/child is it???

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Firstly im assuming upgrades on the Fantasy will be few and far between but, have you any idea of prices??
For instance how much was that upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite??

You can get a pretty good idea of availability by checking the DCL website from time to time. If there are still several categories open a few days before you cruise, there will almost definitely be upgrades available. If it's pretty much sold out 3 months before you cruise? Probably won't be anything.

The prices depend on how far you are moving up and how long your cruise is. Our friends went from a 9 to a concierge two bedroom suite on a 7 night Alaskan cruise for $3600 in the port. Now that one is expensive! But if they had done it before they sailed it would have been closer to $6000 more.

We have gone from an inside room to an ocean view for $140 on a 4 night cruise.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Bit off topic here, but will save making a new thread, will it be a problem to get Disney transport from OKW to The Port and then from The Port to MCO afterwards??

Something makes me think ive asked this before??

Oh and also if possible, how much per adult/child is it???

Nope, not a problem at all. They'll set it up that way. It's $35 per person each way. Children under 3 are free.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Just saw someone with a 2:00 arrival time was allowed in the terminal at 11:00.

Interesting. I'm afraid this isn't going to help the congestion if they still aren't enforcing the times.

sweetpee_1993

About €150 for 3 of us so that will do nicely! Will that have to be done over the phone yes??

I don't know the currency conversion but you do realize it's $35 each person each way, right? That means it's $70 per person round trip. Just want to make sure you got that because at $35 each I'd do DCL transfers but at $70 round trip it'd cost my family of 4 almost $300...no way! :animwink:

Just saw someone with a 2:00 arrival time was allowed in the terminal at 11:00.

Interesting. I'm afraid this isn't going to help the congestion if they still aren't enforcing the times.

Awwdang. Really? Bummer. I had hoped it would be different and people had to play by the rules/times. Oh well.

Well it was painless boarded right around 11:45.

Awesome! Thanks so very much for the updates!!! :wave:

Crush Dude!

I don't know the currency conversion but you do realize it's $35 each person each way, right? That means it's $70 per person round trip. Just want to make sure you got that because at $35 each I'd do DCL transfers but at $70 round trip it'd cost my family of 4 almost $300...no way! :animwink:

Awwdang. Really? Bummer. I had hoped it would be different and people had to play by the rules/times. Oh well.

Awesome! Thanks so very much for the updates!!! :wave:

With 3 of us $210 currently works out a liitle less than €150, for peace of mind its def worth it, not for everyone but on a trip including our cruise plus 3 weeks in wdw why not spend 150 more :ROFLOL:

The update sounded promising but not after hearing of every1 getting in together

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What Tammy said!

Good news! I just checked your reservation! Your waitlist came through and you are in main dining! Woo hoo!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom