Pop Secret Popcorn to sponsor Fantasmic! as part of new strategic alliance with Diamond Foods Inc

ABQ

Does anyone know when they got rid of Orville?
It also appears Disney is friends with Pop Secret for other things.
pre_extracheesy.png

With regards to the trans fat issue, I know that's the case in the microwave popcorn, but not sure when it comes to just kernels for kettle popping, which I assume is how they are served at Fantasmic! .

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It also appears Disney is friends with Pop Secret for other things.
pre_extracheesy.png

With regards to the trans fat issue, I know that's the case in the microwave popcorn, but not sure when it comes to just kernels for kettle popping, which I assume is how they are served at Fantasmic! .
Trans fats are a microwave popcorn issue. They type of trans fat containing oil used in microwave popcorn are solid at normal temperatures making it ideal for microwave popcorn.

This is not necessary for conventionally popped popcorn and most of the oils you will find in use do not contain trans fats.

jaklgreen

Trans fats are a microwave popcorn issue. They type of trans fat containing oil used in microwave popcorn are solid at normal temperatures making it ideal for microwave popcorn.

This is not necessary for conventionally popped popcorn and most of the oils you will find in use do not contain trans fats.

That's good to know but I still like the flavor of Orville better. :(

ABQ

So assuming they don't want to sit there watching a massive wall of microwaves and wait for popping to slow to 2 seconds between pops, they will be using conventionally popped popcorn, which, based on the nutritional listing on the few retail options PopSecret sells to the general public, they will contain no trans fat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So assuming they don't want to sit there watching a massive wall of microwaves and wait for popping to slow to 2 seconds between pops, they will be using conventionally popped popcorn, which, based on the nutritional listing on the few retail options PopSecret sells to the general public, they will contain no trans fat.
That pretty much sums it up. As long as they are not using a popping oil containing trans fats, the popcorn at the parks should be trans fat free.

WDW Monorail

I should add that in any partnership like this, a company may approach another with a set of ideas which may lead to the partnership. If Disney liked the ideas, they went with that company.

rodserling27

Pop Secret SUUUUUCKS. but Fantasmic is in dire need of upgrades. Hopefully this will help do that. New projections, upgraded water systems, a REAL riverboat, an actual AA Dragon...sort of like somewhere else, where else have I seen this stuff....Oh I don't know, maybe DISNEYLAND?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom