Pop Question

cmybliss

Original Poster
Hi All!

Quick question on the pop. My 12 y/o daughter loves all things 80's. The clothes, the music, the hair and most of all, Michael J Fox! So, I was thinking of requesting a room in that wing. Is the 80's wing a reasonable distance from the food court and buses, or should we choose a different wing?

Thanks for any insight

luv

Reasonable? Sure.

But there isn't much stuff in the rooms themselves that is of the decade described. One pic, on one wall, of mostly toys...some Disney toys.

The stuff you see on the outsides of the building is really all there is.

So, if you decide to stay (or get placed) somewhere else, fret not. :)

tare

The rooms are nice but not too much the ring in them. The 80's can get a little far from everything. Just chk out when you get there but I would opt for a preferred room.

jw24

I think the OP was asking about the distance between room and bus area. Perhaps the OP needs something a little more visual so to speak:

pop.gif

It's not too far of a walk in my opinion. I stayed in the 90s building on a previous WDW trip, which is about the same distance from the 80s building roughly. But I mean, if you really want to be close to the buses, the 60s maybe the way to go. Otherwise, the walk shouldn't be unbearable. You can leisurely stroll the resort and photograph all the areas if you wish!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The rooms don't really have a lot of decade theming, just a collage picture in the room representing the decade. The 80's/90's section really isn't that far away from the buses. I stayed in the 90's section the first time and by cutting throught the parking lot we were at the bus stop really fast. If you really think your daughter would get a kick by staying in the 80's area go for it, she will probably appreciate that you picked it just for her.

lilclerk

I don't think the walk is as far as it looks in that map. It's not really bad at all from the 80s to the food court/bus stops. I really like the computer pool over there too, it doesn't get too crowded. I'd recommend it. But yeah, the decor is mostly outside and you can see that no matter where you are in the resort.

cmybliss

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'll go ahead and request either 70's or 80's. 90's and 50's look to be to far from the food court.

lilclerk

When I stayed in the 90s building I cut through the 90s parking lot to save some time getting to Classic Hall. It's not as far as the map makes it look, but a 70s room would be closer.
Yeah I think the hotel map is a little deceptive. It's really not THAT far no matter where you are. Maybe I just feel spoiled at Pop after staying at Coronado Springs and Riverside. Those are HUGE.

cooktildead

The two times I've stayed at Pop we had rooms in the 80's and 90's. We never felt like the walk was too bad, even on the long march back to the room after a day at the parks. We also cut through the parking lot to get to our rooms.

cmybliss

Original Poster
Thanks again for all of your input guys! I just called Disney travel and explained the situation. I also mentioned my daughter's disability. (Mild cerebral palsy that can cause issues with her walking after long periods on her feet. I don'f feel it's necessary to get a GAC, but if I can minimize a walk at the hotel after a long day, it's for the best.) The CM I spoke with was really nice and took care of everything for us. Love that Disney service!

GeoDonJac34

We stayed in the 90s section once and the walk was not bad if you cut through the lot. I really didn't enjoy cutting through a parking lot though. It just didn't seem Disney like. I often would take the longer way through the resort. Still not a huge distance. The resort is not exceptionally large.

Tater tot

Another recommendation for just cutting through the parking lot. I found that to be the fastest and most direct way for me. I prefer the 90s section just for that reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom