Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Loving your resort pics!!!! Looks like you guys are having a great time so far. I hear you about the weird feeling from not jetting off to a park. We go to Publix and settle into our resort, but we're used to that. If that's what you're used to and then you change it, I can imagine it feels awfully odd, like you're not even in Disney!

That's exactly what Julia kept saying - It doesn't feel like we're in Disney! I kept thinking it was because Ross wasn't with us, but Julia insisted it was because we were not rushing to the parks.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

The Poly – because we didn’t want just any treat… we wanted a Dole Whip float!!

thumb_IMG_8836_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_8839_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_8842_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_8846_1024.jpg

It was probably about 7:30ish and we decided we would walk around The Poly for a little bit before heading off to the other monorail resorts. Unfortunately, as we were walking a few steps past the pool, I head a thud. When I turned around, Julia was on the ground! She lost her footing and slipped on some rocks and went down of her knee. I held my breath for a moment. Julia is low muscle tone and has dislocated her knee twice – I was praying that she did not dislocate it. Thankfully she did not! She was a trooper – not a tear, ever though it looked nasty.

thumb_IMG_8847_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_8849_1024.jpg

We walked inside to see if we cold find some antiseptic cream to put on it until we got back to POP. I walked up to the desk in the lobby and explained what happened. They offered me their first aid box and I collected what I thought we would need.

So there we were in the middle of the POLY mending a bloody knee - which was starting to hurt her. So I suggested that we cut our night short and head back to POP so she could shower and wash it out properly. By this time, Hope was kicking off a bit and I had to talk to her a couple of times and I could tell I was getting grouchy too. So we gathered ourselves and began to walk to the monorail. It was then a very concerned CM approached us looking at Julia’s knee and wanted to know how she could be of help. WOW – she was super sweet. I really have to do a better job of getting the names of Cast Members who go out of their way with us. I assured her we were good and we were soon on our way.

When we returned to POP we were able to see fireworks so we paused to watch them. I guess it was the Star Wars fireworks from the Studios?

thumb_IMG_8855_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_8854_1024.jpg

We relaxed back in the room – Julia showered and took care of her knee. Hope was fast asleep in a matter of minutes. I gathered our luggage together to prepare for our “hop” to Riverside. We had to be up and out early because we had big plans for tomorrow and it would all start with a trip to get something we have never had before!

Scoppin

Day 1 Continued...

More pictures of AoA

View attachment 167155 View attachment 167156 View attachment 167157 View attachment 167158 View attachment 167159 View attachment 167160 View attachment 167161 View attachment 167162 View attachment 167163 View attachment 167165

After exploring, we decided we wanted a treat so we hopped on a bus to MK and from there to the monorail to…

For our last day we went over to All Star Movies to explore, and for something else, to take some pictures of the different figures. But by looking at your pictures, appears we should have gone over to Pop and AoA.

Scoppin

The Poly – because we didn’t want just any treat… we wanted a Dole Whip float!!

View attachment 167166 View attachment 167167 View attachment 167168 View attachment 167169

It was probably about 7:30ish and we decided we would walk around The Poly for a little bit before heading off to the other monorail resorts. Unfortunately, as we were walking a few steps past the pool, I head a thud. When I turned around, Julia was on the ground! She lost her footing and slipped on some rocks and went down of her knee. I held my breath for a moment. Julia is low muscle tone and has dislocated her knee twice – I was praying that she did not dislocate it. Thankfully she did not! She was a trooper – not a tear, ever though it looked nasty.

View attachment 167170 View attachment 167171

We walked inside to see if we cold find some antiseptic cream to put on it until we got back to POP. I walked up to the desk in the lobby and explained what happened. They offered me their first aid box and I collected what I thought we would need.

So there we were in the middle of the POLY mending a bloody knee - which was starting to hurt her. So I suggested that we cut our night short and head back to POP so she could shower and wash it out properly. By this time, Hope was kicking off a bit and I had to talk to her a couple of times and I could tell I was getting grouchy too. So we gathered ourselves and began to walk to the monorail. It was then a very concerned CM approached us looking at Julia’s knee and wanted to know how she could be of help. WOW – she was super sweet. I really have to do a better job of getting the names of Cast Members who go out of their way with us. I assured her we were good and we were soon on our way.

When we returned to POP we were able to see fireworks so we paused to watch them. I guess it was the Star Wars fireworks from the Studios?

View attachment 167172 View attachment 167173

We relaxed back in the room – Julia showered and took care of her knee. Hope was fast asleep in a matter of minutes. I gathered our luggage together to prepare for our “hop” to Riverside. We had to be up and out early because we had big plans for tomorrow and it would all start with a trip to get something we have never had before!

Ouch, that does look like it would hurt. I hope it didn't slow down any of your plans. I know how that can be, we all got sick on our trip.

Courtney6682

Your Walkman conversation sounded kind of like me trying to explain to my 16yr old, Brooklyn that at one time people bought CD's from a store, which led into dial up internet and not being able to use the house phone at the same time lol...Her response? ''Whatttttt....that's soooooo stupid'' lol ...It does sound crazy now...

Glad Julia's tumble wasn't too serious!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
For our last day we went over to All Star Movies to explore, and for something else, to take some pictures of the different figures. But by looking at your pictures, appears we should have gone over to Pop and AoA.

We loved All Star Movies - but POP & AoA are both exceptional. They really make you feel like you are a part of the action.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
The girls are growing so fast! Great start to your report. I loved Hope's 2017 Magical Express statement, LOL! Can't wait to hear what Ross will think of that. And OUCH! Poor Julia, that had to hurt!

They are growing too fast!! Ross is still digesting her request! lol Thanks for following along!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Your Walkman conversation sounded kind of like me trying to explain to my 16yr old, Brooklyn that at one time people bought CD's from a store, which led into dial up internet and not being able to use the house phone at the same time lol...Her response? ''Whatttttt....that's soooooo stupid'' lol ...It does sound crazy now...

Glad Julia's tumble wasn't too serious!

haha - yes - I was trying to explain to her the whole concept of a "record store". But the idea of having to "rewind" a cassette and not just hit repeat blew her mind!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I love your older daughter's shirt. What does it say? I couldn't make out the front. Where did y'all get that from?

It's a concert shirt from her favorite band "Three Days Grace". The front says, "Let's Start A Riot" - it is one of their songs - (which isn't as bad a s it sounds.) They played at The NY State Fair and we went to the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom