Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Gurt

We arrived on the 19th I saw you guys a few times at Epcot and MK I was too shy to come over and say hi, every time I saw you I kept pointing you out to my BF he kept saying stop pointing and go over and say hello, which my response was, I can't go over they don't know who I am I will look like a weirdo stalker :banghead::(

MotherofaPrincessLover

We arrived on the 19th I saw you guys a few times at Epcot and MK I was too shy to come over and say hi, every time I saw you I kept pointing you out to my BF he kept saying stop pointing and go over and say hello, which my response was, I can't go over they don't know who I am I will look like a weirdo stalker :banghead::(
I would be the exact same way.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Oh no - you should have!! (Although, I probably would have felt the same way.) lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 10 – September 21st

I didn’t open my eyes until 8:00AM and although I wasn’t very happy about it, I figured we all needed a little extra sleep. Today we were heading to MK for the day. There was EMH until 11:00PM so we took our time in the morning and ate in the room. We had no ADR’s planned and in a way, that was a good feeling that we could just “go with the flow”.

Hope was ready to go.

thumb_IMG_1783_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1785_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1789_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1791_1024.jpg

The bus screens once again were not operating that well. There wasn’t even a time showing for MK.

thumb_IMG_1788_1024.jpg

We ended up waiting a while for a bus. I don’t mind waiting for busses, but the one thing that frustrates me is when multiple busses for the same park come by. That was the case today. There were four busses in row for AK – but none for MK.

However soon enough, we were on our way.

thumb_IMG_1792_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1794_1024.jpg

Ross took the stroller and bags through the bag check so the girls and I could go through the “guests with NO bags line”. But it didn’t matter because I swear I was chosen for random screening everyday! Lol The funny part was that they told me that Julia & Hope could go ahead – it was only me that had to walk through the metal detector. But I told them we came as a package deal because I didn’t feel comfortable letting the girls go ahead of me.

thumb_IMG_1796_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1799_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Once inside, Hope wanted to see Elena’s Royal Welcome, but we had missed it again!!!! We headed to get something to eat since we were all really hungry. Julia wanted Cosmic Rays so we walked over to Tomorrowland, but when we got there, it wasn’t opened yet.

Julia stopped for a picture we take every year...

thumb_IMG_1801_1024.jpg

We tried to get Hope in the spirit, but she was having none of it! lol

thumb_IMG_1811_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1807_1024.jpg

We decided to take a spin on the teacups and then walked over to Pinocchio’s to eat.

thumb_IMG_1818_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1819_1024.jpg

We all like the food here and I’m happy to say that Ross is finally getting used to me taking pictures of food. Well… somewhat….

thumb_IMG_1822_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1821_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1823_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1826_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1828_1024.jpg

Julia & I found a new love – frozen lemonade.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

After our bellies were full, we walked back to Main Street because we had a FP for something that Hope has been waiting 2 years to do – visit “talking” Mickey.

I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what it would be like. Well, it was AWESOME! Hope was hysterical laughing! I think she was so tickled that Mickey was talking to her! Ross and I held our breath that she wouldn’t go too crazy and run all around, but there was no need to fear because she did amazing.

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051254.jpeg
MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051256.jpeg
MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051262.jpeg
MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051259.jpeg
MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051265.jpeg

And this is why I go back to Disney every year!

After Hope was done, Julia went over to Mickey and that’s when I had a TOTAL FAIL moment because I thought I was recording her too, but I guess I got so choked up with Hope, I hit the wrong button and only got a picture. My poor Julia, but I don’t think she was too upset.

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051272.jpeg
MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_20160921_7809051275.jpeg

After Mickey, we got back in line for Tink.

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20160921_7809032792.jpeg
MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20160921_7809032796.jpeg
MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20160921_7809032799.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

We walked back to Buzz where Ross tried to distract me the whole game. He kept asking me what the high point targets were and I tried to tell me, but he wasn’t getting it… So of course we had our own battle by the time we saved the galaxy.

thumb_IMG_1837_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1839_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1850_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1846_1024.jpg

Julia wanted to visit the Laugh Floor, but before we could decide who would go with her, Ross said he wanted to try to bring Hope in again. I told him he was crazy because she HATES the monsters. But Ross being Ross and not listening to me decided it was worth a shot. There were a few Tsum-Tsums she had seen earlier so he was taking full advantage of it. He asked if she wanted a Disney Dollar to watch the show. I was shocked when her answer wasn’t an automatic “NO’. I could tell she was giving it some thought and before I knew what was happening, there we were in line watching the preshow.

thumb_IMG_1855_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1862_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1859_1024.jpg

Hope remained cautiously optimistic. She was really working for that Disney Dollar! Lol Then we headed into the show. The last few times we made it this far, we escaped through the curtains – would this time be different?

thumb_IMG_1871_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1876_1024.jpg

It was! Hope watched the entire show! She even laughed at Mike a couple of times. But she clenched her eyes closed when Roz was on the screen. lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
That picture of Hope and Mickey would be worth the entire price of the trip in my book. I had tears in my eyes watching the video of her dancing with Mickey! Magical, indeed!!

Thanks! I still tear up when I watch it. It's been getting tougher trying to afford our trip, (especially with college in the near future! :arghh: ) but it's something I want to try to keep going. It's truly so magical and Hope surprises us with something new every year.

fractal

After our bellies were full, we walked back to Main Street because we had a FP for something that Hope has been waiting 2 years to do – visit “talking” Mickey.

I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what it would be like. Well, it was AWESOME! Hope was hysterical laughing! I think she was so tickled that Mickey was talking to her! Ross and I held our breath that she wouldn’t go too crazy and run all around, but there was no need to fear because she did amazing.

View attachment 211890 View attachment 211891 View attachment 211885 View attachment 211886 View attachment 211887

And this is why I go back to Disney every year!

After Hope was done, Julia went over to Mickey and that’s when I had a TOTAL FAIL moment because I thought I was recording her too, but I guess I got so choked up with Hope, I hit the wrong button and only got a picture. My poor Julia, but I don’t think she was too upset.

View attachment 211888 View attachment 211889

After Mickey, we got back in line for Tink.

View attachment 211892 View attachment 211893 View attachment 211894

Just Awesome! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom