Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

The main pool at POR was awesome and I really did love it. At the same time, it made me appreciate POFQ. FQ to me has a much more laid back calmer feeling even at the main pool. But I do like both resorts and I like the additional quiet pools at POR - even if they are not too "quiet".

thumb_IMG_1158_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1156_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1161_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1164_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1163_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1166_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1176_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1167_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1184_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1189_1024.jpg

We enjoyed our time there but soon it was time to get ready for our dinner. We were off to see the royal family.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

We got changed and began our journey to the 1900 Park Fare. We hopped a bus to MK and along the way, it started to rain. We donned our ponchos and walked up the the monorail entrance and that’s when the rain started to become another downpour!

By now, you should know our family is “arrival time challenged”. Tonight was no different. We were running a few minutes behind so I started to worry when the monorail stopped at the contemporary. It had started to storm and apparently; they were going to “hold” us there until it cleared up a bit.

Eventually, we arrived at the GF but the rain and storm was just starting. We walked to what we thought was the entrance to the restaurant and found out they changed it! Okay – we found the new entrance and realized they were running behind! It was a crazy wait. Our entertainment was a family next to us who had no problem letting their 2 children literally roll around on the floor. If that wasn’t enough to keep our interest, across the hall, we could see outside and the storm was out of control! The wind and rain and even thunder were just crazy! It looked as though it was a hurricane!

Everyone was soaked and many were standing by the doors waiting to get to where they needed to be. We probably ended up waiting almost and hour! By finally, we were seated.

Hope was tired and the wait wore on her a little. I was glad she pepped up for the royal family!

She loved the prince – she couldn’t stop hugging him!

thumb_IMG_1190_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1192_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1194_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1196_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1200_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1206_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1211_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1218_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1220_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

When we left dinner, the storm had stopped but it was still pouring out! We really wanted to go to DS so we took a bus from GF and hopped the rain would stop.

Unfortunately, it did not. It poured pretty much the entre night but we made the best of it.

Hope LOVES the Lego store. She & Ross loved the interactive feature that some of the sets had. It was fun to watch the Legos come to life.

thumb_IMG_1254_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1255_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1259_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1268_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1272_1024.jpg

She asked Santa to bring her the Cinderella castle, but he didn’t have the funds to this year – it was $300! Sorry kiddo – maybe next year.

We visited World Of Disney, the pin store for Julia and then stopped to get ice cream. It was still raining but the boats were running so we headed back to POR.

thumb_IMG_1278_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1282_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1285_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1288_1024.jpg

I was a little sad. I don’t feel like we really “experienced” DS with all its changes. The rain really made it difficult to enjoy our time there.

Up Next: Will we ever reach Arendale?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
She was very nice and soon, she was in full sales pitch mode. It was comical that when we first began, all we needed was $3000 to put down today. When we said we didn’t have it, it went to $2000, then $1500, then $1000 and finally she said we didn’t have to leave anything down today.

;) Interesting . . .

SweetEvangeline

Good to know - thanks! I think we may check that out. It seems good to do since we vacation there every year. But we can't seem to make it work because of the FREE dining that we take advantage of. The thought of paying for food seems like a tremendous cost!
We thought the same thing, but have discovered that we can eat cheaper (and lighter) by paying out of pocket for dining. We purchase Disney gift cards through Target to get our 5% discount and use those exclusively for dining. It helps us feel as if we have an all inclusive vacation when it's pre paid like that! For comparison sake, they are selling Polynesian points right now for about $176 per point. You can buy through resale for about $137 per point. We only paid about $83 per point for Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So as usual, I've abandoned the boards for a while. I promise I'm going to try to get this done soon. I hope you guys aren't too mad at me!

Umm.... Where did I leave off?

Day 9 – September 20th

We woke up refreshed and got headed out to EPCOT.

thumb_IMG_1293_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1291_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1302_1024.jpg

It was a beautiful day out. I love EPCOT in the early morning. (Julia is playing Pokemon Go.)

thumb_IMG_1304_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1306_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1307_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1314_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1321_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1323_1024.jpg

There was already a line for FEA!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom