Pop Century Room Rehab

Jon81uk

Thanks
But that sucks, lol. Like I said, when the table disappears you loose your space. I guess that would be my biggest complaint. I'd rather be able to move the table to the corner. I realize I can't do that with this one. I'm saying I'd prefer the bed to not be supported by the table and have a mobile table.
The murphy bed doesn't bother me, I think it's fine. But a table that's usable 100% of the time seems like almost a necessity.

There is another unit that can be used for storage. See http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pop-century-room-rehab.913596/page-3#post-7243526

dvitali

Wish they both Murphy beds, because I hate to sleep on a bed closest to the door. Then I would have a choice which bed to use during my stay.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I can't imagine being comfortable coming back to this room tired from the parks and sleeping in what looks looks like a kitchen. I guess Disney has a new idea of what being on vacation should feel like.. lol perhaps they figure whenever someone is missing their Disney vacation they can just camp out on their hard kitchen floor or crash at their kids dorm room in college and feel just like they are back with the mouse!

Nick Pappagiorgio

I can't imagine being comfortable coming back to this room tired from the parks and sleeping in what looks looks like a kitchen. I guess Disney has a new idea of what being on vacation should feel like.. lol perhaps they figure whenever someone is missing their Disney vacation they can just camp out on their hard kitchen floor or crash at their kids dorm room in college and feel just like they are back with the mouse!

Where did you go to college? I had a nice new dorm (in the 2000s) and was nowhere near as nice as this room.

Fairy32

My dorm room looked nicer than this! It had real carpet even. Granted, mine were built in 2009 I think. Each person had their own bedroom, and I had my own bathroom too. Plus a living room.

Jon81uk

Wish they both Murphy beds, because I hate to sleep on a bed closest to the door. Then I would have a choice which bed to use during my stay.

In Dan's photo the full bed is next to the bathroom/sink area. You can see the sliding door. The shelving unit with the ice bucket is next to the window and there for by the door.

It is hard to be 100% certain from three photos but it looks like Murphy bed is near door with shelving unit opposite and then full bed near bathroom with a sliding door to the sinks.

seabreezept813

We love the POP! It's definately not worth 100+ a night but is a great hotel. Good location, good food, wonderful pool entertainment. I got dressed for my wedding in the old rooms and we had enough space. Still remember walking around the edge of the pool at 4pm in my wedding dress and nobody noticing. Staff is always super accomodating. Wouldn't care too much if they change the room design, as long as everything else stays the same.

Goofnut1980

Some of the "Deluxe" DVC studio rooms aren't much better

I think Disney has unfortunately locked themselves in with rooms that could be a lot better, but there isn't much room to do so....and I doubt they care... people will come anyways.

I am waiting to see what they actually do to Kidani Village. That was supposed to happen this year and its June already!

Cmdr_Crimson

With this remodling..I REALLY Wish they could do one thing at AoA Has.....Overhead shelters for the Buses....
20160523_173326.jpg

Bus-Stop-Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

Dad 2 M & M

Does anybody know if this has actually begun and what buildings they have started in?
The 50s Building had the 1st prototype and it was supposed to be offered to guests on a test basis. We stumbled upon the contract workers while there in late January. Not sure if it was the one seen in the pictures (might have been the 70s building).

Since a notice of commencement was just filed for this I would expect work to start pretty soon if it hasn't already.
Some rooms are already retrofitted with he prototype. And not all are getting this change, only a few.
We love the POP! It's definately not worth 100+ a night but is a great hotel. Good location, good food, wonderful pool entertainment. I got dressed for my wedding in the old rooms and we had enough space. Still remember walking around the edge of the pool at 4pm in my wedding dress and nobody noticing. Staff is always super accomodating. Wouldn't care too much if they change the room design, as long as everything else stays the same.
Pop is our favorite hands down!! Keep in mind, not all the rooms are getting the change in layout, and most will stay the same (other than updating).
In Dan's photo the full bed is next to the bathroom/sink area. You can see the sliding door. The shelving unit with the ice bucket is next to the window and there for by the door.

It is hard to be 100% certain from three photos but it looks like Murphy bed is near door with shelving unit opposite and then full bed near bathroom with a sliding door to the sinks.
Keep in mind, the furniture might not be what will actually be used in the room. It might just be scale size affordable pieces.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I have been debating whether to stay here in a couple of weeks since the prices for my dates are comparable to off-property resorts. I've heard horror stories about the "value" resorts and have pretty much avoided them because of said stories (usually always stay at Coronado Springs). This time though, the price is pretty unbeatable.

So I guess here are my questions:
1) Although Pop Century has it's own dedicated bus line, do they still get ridiculously crowded?
2) Are the rooms really as tiny as everyone says they are? Or are they just your standard run of the mill motel rooms?
3) People have said that it is like staying at a very crowded apartment complex (noise all day and night, children running around etc). I expect noisy but people say it's beyond what should be normal.

Thanks guys! I know I can count on all of you for some great insight.

wdwfan22

I have been debating whether to stay here in a couple of weeks since the prices for my dates are comparable to off-property resorts. I've heard horror stories about the "value" resorts and have pretty much avoided them because of said stories (usually always stay at Coronado Springs). This time though, the price is pretty unbeatable.

So I guess here are my questions:
1) Although Pop Century has it's own dedicated bus line, do they still get ridiculously crowded?
2) Are the rooms really as tiny as everyone says they are? Or are they just your standard run of the mill motel rooms?
3) People have said that it is like staying at a very crowded apartment complex (noise all day and night, children running around etc). I expect noisy but people say it's beyond what should be normal.

Thanks guys! I know I can count on all of you for some great insight.

Pop Century rooms are 260 square feet. Disney's Coronado Springs are around 314 square feet. I stayed at Pop Century one time when everything else on property was booked. I will never stay in a value resort again. They are cramped, loud and ugly in my opinion. We typically stay in the Deluxe Resorts but have stayed at the moderate level as well. I would go with Coronado again if it was me.

RobbinsDad

Pop is fine for what it is. We were there in December and after a 7-year hiatus from WDW, we wanted to get in as much parks time as possible for our children, the youngest of which had never been (at least where she could remember). If that is your goal and the only time you plan on being at the resort is sleeping or swimming, then there's nothing wrong with a value resort. I don't anticipate staying there again, but not because there was anything wrong with Pop, just because it doesn't fit with the experience our family will want next time.

Oh, and staying on topic, I like the new look, and can absolutely see the appeal of the Murphy bed design for single or couple travelers.

fvrs7189

Pop Century rooms are 260 square feet. Disney's Coronado Springs are around 314 square feet. I stayed at Pop Century one time when everything else on property was booked. I will never stay in a value resort again. They are cramped, loud and ugly in my opinion. We typically stay in the Deluxe Resorts but have stayed at the moderate level as well. I would go with Coronado again if it was me.
Everyone has their own expectations of what they need in a hotel and what is important to them. I have stayed in all levels of Resorts. From Pop to Contemporary and my family will be traveling back to Pop this November. I cannot beat the price. We are never in the room except for showers/rest/sleep. For us, we will stay 2 days longer and stay at Pop vs a moderate or deluxe that is twice as much. When I stayed in at pop in January it was not loud at all. Very quiet. I really enjoyed Pop and would recommend it. The one downfall is that there are only double beds vs. queens. But honestly it is up to each individual family if certain hotels are right for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom