Pop Century Room Rehab

aprincessatlasst

Still looks like laminate to me. Not just laminate but the cheap .69 cents a sqare foot kind.
As far as noise concern? Nah don't think Disney has ever been too concerned with that at the values. When you hear the toilet flush from the floor upstairs or share a ventilating system with half the building I do not think noise inside the room is a concern as much as cheap and easy is!

disney4life2008

Still looks like laminate to me. Not just laminate but the cheap .69 cents a sqare foot kind.
As far as noise concern? Nah don't think Disney has ever been too concerned with that at the values. When you hear the toilet flush from the floor upstairs or share a ventilating system with half the building I do not think noise inside the room is a concern as much as cheap and easy is!

Honestly, the value of staying on property is slowly going away. Evening extra magic hours was always a win for me but it is certain that these will go away in the near future. With prices for the values going up, Holiday Inn Express is looking much better.

Disone

Yes to the noise, no to the ventilation. Each room at the value resort has its own ventilation system. Every single room has to have its air filter replaced on a cycle.

cdeev8690

I understand the criticism for the design, it's not the most appealing-looking hotel room I've ever seen but, correct me if I'm wrong, don't most folks select a value because of the inexpensive option for staying on grounds, not necessarily the decor/layout of the hotel room? At least that's the case for me. I have to take into consideration that I spend very little, if any, time in my room besides for sleeping and washing. If I were planning on spending more time in my resort and possibly more time in my room, I would have selected a moderate or deluxe, with or without a refurb to Pop rooms. I've stayed in Pop on three separate occasions now since 2008 and the interior design of the rooms has been the least of my worries or criticisms. Like I said earlier, the only concern with the more modern design is how they fit the various decades into it. On my last trip, there was only a poster on the wall with some Pop Culture references on it. Hopefully they get a bit more creative than that, but again, I probably won't care either way.

Kate Alan

Not a fan of the refurb design. Pop is my home resort when I travel, and if it were any other destination, I'd end up switching hotels over this, because it really looks godawful to me (no offense to those who like it - it's just not my aesthetic). I'm also not a fan of the Murphy bed aspect.

However, I pay for a value resort simply because it offers a place with on-property benefits where I can lay my head at night - I'm rarely in the room as I'm out at the parks all day. So I can "put up" with it.

pajammies

To be honest, I don't really care what the room looks like too much (maybe a little) because we are the sleep, shower and eat snacks in there kind of people.
However, it is blah, so boring and not colorful. It really doesn't make me for a minute think, Oh, that's nice. Add some color to liven it up for goodness sake.:(

My question is this... not positive how the murphy bed works, does the table fold down? If so, where is the table space then? We use our table for everything, eating, holding papers, maps, books, jewelry, keys, you name it, it's on there. I hope we don't loose the table space when the bed is opened? :confused:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
To be honest, I don't really care what the room looks like too much (maybe a little) because we are the sleep, shower and eat snacks in there kind of people.
However, it is blah, so boring and not colorful. It really doesn't make me for a minute think, Oh, that's nice. Add some color to liven it up for goodness sake.:(

My question is this... not positive how the murphy bed works, does the table fold down? If so, where is the table space then? We use our table for everything, eating, holding papers, maps, books, jewelry, keys, you name it, it's on there. I hope we don't loose the table space when the bed is opened? :confused:

Yes, it folds down. Take a look at 2:42 in this video of the Carsland rooms at AoA.

Moonrayvin

I'm staying the week after Thanksgiving and I'm kinda hoping to be in one of the refurbished room. Just for a change at the very least. Yes, the rooms are small and yes, we really only sleep there but it would still be nice to see something different since we stay at Pop 99% of the time (stayed at AoA and we LOVED the theming, but it wasn't quite enough to warrant me paying extra for this trip). My kids would love the "Mickey (Murphy) bed" lol!! That's my name for it and I'm sticking to it ;) I agree though that I hope there's another table space area because a family of 4 can accumulate a lot of "stuff" while on vacation!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
my god the look of those curtains....

I welcome the queen beds but...

and as other people have noted, apparently the walls are made of tissue paper due to all the noise you hear around you. they should do something about that

pajammies

Yes, it folds down. Take a look at 2:42 in this video of the Carsland rooms at AoA.

Thanks
But that sucks, lol. Like I said, when the table disappears you loose your space. I guess that would be my biggest complaint. I'd rather be able to move the table to the corner. I realize I can't do that with this one. I'm saying I'd prefer the bed to not be supported by the table and have a mobile table.
The murphy bed doesn't bother me, I think it's fine. But a table that's usable 100% of the time seems like almost a necessity.

Kate Alan

Thanks
But that sucks, lol. Like I said, when the table disappears you loose your space. I guess that would be my biggest complaint. I'd rather be able to move the table to the corner. I realize I can't do that with this one. I'm saying I'd prefer the bed to not be supported by the table and have a mobile table.
The murphy bed doesn't bother me, I think it's fine. But a table that's usable 100% of the time seems like almost a necessity.

That's a great point, actually - our table in our room is constantly in use and always has something on it...losing that space will definitely be an inconvenience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom