Pop Century Room Rehab

I am Timmy

Has anyone noticed any price difference yet for a refurbed room versus a non refurbed room? I'm trying to keep an eye on that for the next trip I take that will just be my Ds and me, we go more often than with the whole fam. We love Pop when it's just the two of us.

dreamscometrue

It does look like this, but....

I think it's much easier to see the "pattern" if you look at a map of AoA. While it seems odd that the Lion King section is buildings 6 & 10 when all the other sections have consecutive numbers, if you look at the map, you can see the counter clockwise pattern. With Pop Century, the pattern is there, but it's not quite as obvious.
Thanks to you both (@allgiggles and @peter11435). I just looked at images online of both resorts, and it seems obvious now.

Brian

Has anyone noticed any price difference yet for a refurbed room versus a non refurbed room? I'm trying to keep an eye on that for the next trip I take that will just be my Ds and me, we go more often than with the whole fam. We love Pop when it's just the two of us.

There is no difference in price between non-refurbed and refurbed rooms. The only price difference is between standard and preferred categories, but only buildings 8 and 9 have them so far, and they're both standard buildings.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I haven't seen pictures of the king rooms so I wanted to post them. We just checked into Pop today. We requested 90's and got 80's building 9 and walked in to pleasently find ourselves with a King bed!

We are really impressed with the refurb. We normally try to stay at a minimum moderate and sometimes deluxe if we can swing the cost. If we could be guaranteed rooms of this nature all the time at Pop, we would stay here a lot more. We aren't pool people so other than location and nicer rooms, the deluxe resorts don't have that much of advantage for us.

Below are the pictures:

Walk In Shower
IMG_0274.JPG

Bathroom Storage
IMG_0272.JPG

Sink Area
IMG_0270.JPG

Table
IMG_0269.JPG

TV/Dresser
IMG_0268.JPG

King Bed
IMG_0266.JPG

Fridge/Coffee Area
IMG_0267.JPG

Closet Area
image.jpg

Bedside Table
IMG_0277.JPG

Charging Area (on both sides of bed)
IMG_0278.JPG

Nick Pappagiorgio

I haven't seen pictures of the king rooms so I wanted to post them. We just checked into Pop today. We requested 90's and got 80's building 9 and walked in to pleasently find ourselves with a King bed!

We are really impressed with the refurb. We normally try to stay at a minimum moderate and sometimes deluxe if we can swing the cost. If we could be guaranteed rooms of this nature all the time at Pop, we would stay here a lot more. We aren't pool people so other than location and nicer rooms, the deluxe resorts don't have that much of advantage for us.

Below are the pictures:

Walk In Shower
View attachment 223468

Bathroom Storage
View attachment 223467

Sink Area
View attachment 223466

Table
View attachment 223465

TV/Dresser
View attachment 223464

King Bed
View attachment 223462

Fridge/Coffee Area
View attachment 223463

Closet Area
View attachment 223469

Bedside Table
View attachment 223474

Charging Area (on both sides of bed)
View attachment 223477

Curious. Did the room have the soap pumps being discussed here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/bye-bye-mickey-soaps.930654/

ChrisM

Did the coffee maker indicate how many times it had been peed in?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Is it still true that you can deny room service in exchange for money?

They did offer it to us upon check-in. We stayed for three nights and were told you aren't eligible for the offer on the night of check-in. So, we received a $30 gift card to decline housekeeping for our stay ($15/night excluding check-in day).

We were told if we needed additional towels/toiletries, just to ask and they would be delivered.

FigmentForver96

Definitely seems like they are trying to update this to go in line with the "pricing by area" rumor. Harder to justify higher prices if the product is outdated and not somewhat nicer.

Not even meaning that in a negative light, it's actually a very smart move.

Next Big Thing

Definitely seems like they are trying to update this to go in line with the "pricing by area" rumor. Harder to justify higher prices if the product is outdated and not somewhat nicer.

I agree and I think that Cabana Bay over at Universal was a template of sorts for this. At least design wise the room interiors look fairly similar now.

PorterRedkey

I am sure all the Pop rooms will be refurbed by the time the gondola system is open. They can't charge the new, higher prices they want to charge, with the rooms in their current state. At least not without getting guest complaints.

Even with the rooms being improved, it doesn't help that the hotel still has the "value" decor.

@jpeden would you pay a $100 more per night for the same room 2 years from now once PoP has gondola access? Just curious?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@jpeden would you pay a $100 more per night for the same room 2 years from now once PoP has gondola access? Just curious?

I don't think there would be a nearly 100% mark-up on rooms because of the gondola. I think Spirit mention 20% as an exorbitant increase, which, for Pop, would only be about an extra $20-30 per night.

Now, that's for being a gondola resort. If they start advertising it as a "Star Wars Adjacent" resort... maybe another 20%.

But, OTOH, the building boom for hotel rooms continues in the area as both Disney and the surrounding hotels keep adding more. Law of supply and demand would drive the prices down, then.

PorterRedkey

I don't think there would be a nearly 100% mark-up on rooms because of the gondola. I think Spirit mention 20% as an exorbitant increase, which, for Pop, would only be about an extra $20-30 per night.

Now, that's for being a gondola resort. If they start advertising it as a "Star Wars Adjacent" resort... maybe another 20%.

But, OTOH, the building boom for hotel rooms continues in the area as both Disney and the surrounding hotels keep adding more. Law of supply and demand would drive the prices down, then.
I probably did exaggerate a bit, but the average nightly stay is already $125 per day. I would not be surprised if that increased to $200 per night once the gondola opens. So about $75 more.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I am sure all the Pop rooms will be refurbed by the time the gondola system is open. They can't charge the new, higher prices they want to charge, with the rooms in their current state. At least not without getting guest complaints.

Even with the rooms being improved, it doesn't help that the hotel still has the "value" decor.

Well I paid around $110 on an AP discount so, probably not because now we're getting into Mod prices and given all things equal, I'll take the bigger room and better food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom