Pop Century Room Rehab

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm wondering if they're trying to make Pop Century and Art of Animation more of the mid value hotel as it is a little pricier compared to the all star resorts and also being in a more centralized location. And with the the rumored proposal for the gondolas it's like an extra luxury having its own personal transportation to the two parks.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm wondering if they're trying to make Pop Century and Art of Animation more of the mid value hotel as it is a little pricier compared to the all star resorts and also being in a more centralized location. And with the the rumored proposal for the gondolas it's like an extra luxury having its own personal transportation to the two parks.

or with dvc wings

Stevek

It's now March, anyone know how far the are along with the refurbishment? We will be there May 19th and thinking I ones to either ask for a refurbed room or an older one with a King.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Have not read one person on here saying that they stayed in a new refurbished room... Are they still working on the same layout plan or has that evolved to something else now?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
There isn't any pictures even swimming on Google on any updated rooms.
Thats what I was thinking too... Can't find any and nobody has stayed in any of them, hmm?
@danlb_2000 posted this a while back of an update to permit, that originally ran until the end of 2017.
A new permit was filed for this today with an expiration of 4/30/2018.
Have they scrapped the original refurb room concept? They are building the gondola's to this resort area... could it be more of an upgrade than planned? @lentesta Jim and you talked about this a while back, any new news or word on this project? @Magic Feather do you know anything you could share about this refurb project at pop century?

peter11435

Thats what I was thinking too... Can't find any and nobody has stayed in any of them, hmm?
@danlb_2000 posted this a while back of an update to permit, that originally ran until the end of 2017.

Have they scrapped the original refurb room concept? They are building the gondola's to this resort area... could it be more of an upgrade than planned? @lentesta Jim and you talked about this a while back, any new news or word on this project? @Magic Feather do you know anything you could share about this refurb project at pop century?
Pretty sure they are refurbishing the rooms in building 8 as we speak.

allgiggles

Pretty sure they are refurbishing the rooms in building 8 as we speak.

That's correct. There is definitely photo documentation on other websites of the construction beginning on March 6. The contractor list indicated a 21-day turnaround on refurbishing the rooms being worked on. So ideally that first block should have been finished last week. Haven't seen any updates since the original information on 3/6.

Someone reported on another message board that they inquired at check-in last week about getting a refurbished room and were told by the CM at the front desk that they would not be putting any refurbished rooms into inventory until June. Not sure how accurate that is, just sharing the information.

lentesta

Premium Member

I'll swing by and check out the progress at Building 8. I haven't heard anything different from what we said on the show. I'm still expecting something much like the photos that have been going around.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This was posted today in another thread...

This may be old news but I did not see it using search.

I am staying in in the 80's this weekend. There is extensive work going on in the 90'a section. They have a third of it closed off and they ripped the rooms apart, removing dry wall, vanities and tubs. I am hearing power saws and jack hammers. I am convinced these rooms are being converted to suites. It looks like three old rooms to one suite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom