Pop Century Remodel

MaxsDad

Original Poster
This may be old news but I did not see it using search.

I am staying in in the 80's this weekend. There is extensive work going on in the 90'a section. They have a third of it closed off and they ripped the rooms apart, removing dry wall, vanities and tubs. I am hearing power saws and jack hammers. I am convinced these rooms are being converted to suites. It looks like three old rooms to one suite.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 148

allgiggles

This may be old news but I did not see it using search.

I am staying in in the 80's this weekend. There is extensive work going on in the 90'a section. They have a third of it closed off and they ripped the rooms apart, removing dry wall, vanities and tubs. I am hearing power saws and jack hammers. I am convinced these rooms are being converted to suites. It looks like three old rooms to one suite.

What did you see that makes you think they're combining rooms? Just curious as I haven't even heard rumors about creating suites at Pop Century. I know the construction checklist I saw for the room renovations included what seemed like almost a "gutting" of the bathroom -- removing the toilet, tub, and vanity -- so I can see how there would be a lot of noise. Were you able to see inside the rooms and see that they're removing interior walls between the rooms? It would be interesting to see if the construction checklist on those rooms that appear to be transitioning to suites is different the the list posted a few weeks ago when the construction began.

MaxsDad

Original Poster
What did you see that makes you think they're combining rooms? Just curious as I haven't even heard rumors about creating suites at Pop Century. I know the construction checklist I saw for the room renovations included what seemed like almost a "gutting" of the bathroom -- removing the toilet, tub, and vanity -- so I can see how there would be a lot of noise. Were you able to see inside the rooms and see that they're removing interior walls between the rooms? It would be interesting to see if the construction checklist on those rooms that appear to be transitioning to suites is different the the list posted a few weeks ago when the construction began.

Thanks to the poster that referenced me to an older post discussing this rehab. After breezing quickly through that, it seems that this was already known and perhaps it is just a very extensive rehab.

Those are good questions you posed.

One reason I was thinking that was the paper on the right in the photo I posted. It has the 12 rooms of the hall broken down into four sets of three and labeled "turn 12". If you go down three rooms it has a similar sheet labeled turn 11, and so on.

Another thing that made me think that, I saw bare framing. However, your comment made me think about it further. That framing is just in he vanity entryway which could be a minor change.

Yes, the locks have been removed from the connecting doors, but the doors themselves are still there.

Here is another photo I took yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 148

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom