Pop Century Online Check-in: Amenities to request?

JohnD

Original Poster
My online check-in for Pop Century begins tonight at midnight. Any recommendations for the amenties to request?

ratherbeinwdw

The main one would be close to lobby. We were in the 80's building which was a short walk across the parking lot to the busses and lobby.

RonAnnArbor

Note -- do NOT request them online -- do your online check-in, note your request, and then CALL and have them notate your account with your request-- they rarely, if ever, read or honor the requests with Online Checkin....its mostly there to allow them to speed up the checkin process. CALL.

G00fyDad

I miss the days of faxing in requests. It seems (for me) that the requests were granted far more frequently when it was sent by fax 4 days out from the trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I miss the days of faxing in requests. It seems (for me) that the requests were granted far more frequently when it was sent by fax 4 days out from the trip.
Occupancy was a lot less back in those days making requests easier to grant. You could book a standard room at AKL, request a Savannah view and almost always get it.

SAV

Our couple of stays at POP we requested 60's with a Lake View, paid the standard room rate and always got the location. Nice and quiet over there. Not a complaint, but an observation...that the tree's were grown and did block our view of the lake. Didn't matter much to us since we were up and out of there and at the parks.

JohnD

Original Poster
Our couple of stays at POP we requested 60's with a Lake View, paid the standard room rate and always got the location. Nice and quiet over there. Not a complaint, but an observation...that the tree's were grown and did block our view of the lake. Didn't matter much to us since we were up and out of there and at the parks.

Don't mind the trees. I live in a condo townhouse. The back of the unit looks out on trees. I would rather have that over a parking lot. Trees with a hint of a lake view sounds good to me.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We're paying for a preferred room at Pop and I still requested "close to transportation" and "ground floor" - we'r traveling with my friend's 71 year old mother and those 2 things are a must!

JohnD

Original Poster
We're paying for a preferred room at Pop and I still requested "close to transportation" and "ground floor" - we'r traveling with my friend's 71 year old mother and those 2 things are a must!

Understand completely. Went to WDW with the folks in April. We stayed at CBR and requested close to transporation and first floor. My mother required a wheelchair for long distances.

bee

We requested a 50s room on the highest floor and got exactly that. We enjoyed the walk to the main building and were glad to be far from the noise of the central pool.

G00fyDad

Our only requests are to be on the first floor and as close to the parking lot as possible. They could put us in the farthest room from the main building, and we would be just fine. We just don't like taking the elevator or stairs after a long day in the park, and we like being as close to where we park as possible.

Disneydreamer23

Our Honeymoon.JPG

If you are driving ask for a building close to a parking lot on my honey moon they put me in 50s and I was a good 15 minutes from a parking lot. I Called and with some pixie dust they moved us to the building with Lady and the tramp. I loved it nice scenery quiet even though you are in front of a pool

cw1982

We were in the 90's building, so as far from the main building as one can get. The walk to the buses was not bad at all, we had a very quiet area, and we're close to the parking lot. I think requesting a lake view room would be smart if you don't want to have noise from the pool. However, if you're going to be at the parks all day anyway, it won't matter because the pools close at 11. The days of having people in the pools after hours appear to be gone, as there were signs up everywhere during off hours.

For us, having a room that was ready when we arrived was my main goal, and we got that by telling the online system we wanted early check in to be the top priority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom