Pop Century Jan/Feb 2018

aandmmagiccarpetride

Original Poster

Mander

In the Parks
No

Megatronus

I can vouch that Cheer teams and Tour Groups have stayed at Pop Century during my last 4 Jan/Feb trips....

I can second that. I was at Pop Century two years ago during the dance championship and there were several troupes staying there at the same time.

@Pam from Kingdom Konsultants, I'm curious if this would impact ALL of the bookings for WDW resorts. I just tried to browse the moderate and deluxe resorts and even those have extremely limited options. Looking at 2/9 thru 2/17 and see very little options, even at those resort levels. Seems weird to me that all they would have is $600 rooms at Coronado. Haven't had this problem before.

Megatronus

We have been during these and its not so bad. Disney must still be holding rooms until they know exactly how many are coming.

I have to agree with this. I've always gone in Feb usually around the 2nd week, just before a lot of schools (at least up here in the Northeast) have their Feb break for a week. Never had an issue booking at any resort, value resorts included...BUT...I will say that in the past, I haven't booked my Feb trip until near or into October. Perhaps it really is Disney putting a hold on bookings during that weekend until they have a better grasp of the impact the cheerleading event will have.

jgj123

I can tell you that Mardi Gras is February 14 in 2018 and lots of people from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region head to Disney that week as kids have off from school. We're a noticeable contingent at that time. Combine that with Presidents Day on February 19 and you are going to have a lot of demand in early February this year.

Megatronus

I can tell you that Mardi Gras is February 14 in 2018 and lots of people from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region head to Disney that week as kids have off from school. We're a noticeable contingent at that time. Combine that with Presidents Day on February 19 and you are going to have a lot of demand in early February this year.

Good to know. Thanks! Just odd. As I mentioned, I've always gone the first half of Feb and never noticed this many problems in booking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom